Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your Sims obsessed with?

So I've noticed a lot of my Sims when left to their own devices obsessively do something, over and over again.

Like my Bridgeport Celebrity wannabe girl is always Skinny Dipping, anywhere, everywhere, to the detriment of her lovelife and reputation. My Evil Witch in Midnight Falls is constantly on the computer making Inappropriate Forum Posts. While her Werewolf housemate is always making and eating Ice Cream from the ice cream machine I bought in the store.

I think it's quite funny and while of course I know I can turn the freewill down or off, I am just very amused by their antics. I wondered if any of your Sims had any obsessions like this? Please Share!
-Ann Maree (AM for short)
Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)

Comments

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2015
    The ice cream maker and fryer making sims obsessed is a common issue. The same with sprinklers or computers. It's predictable and annoying to me.

In one of my saves, my sim has a garden with three sprinklers. His girlfriend wanted to throw a party and all the party guest were in the backyard with the sprinklers. :|
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    The water slide! I have 2 eco-friendly sims who run to the water slide the second I give them free will. It gives them a "wasting water" negative moodlet but they love it anyways. :p
    Oh yeah I forgot about that one. haha
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I don't even bring out the ice cream maker or fryer out, they won't stop eating that stuff, even when their stuffed. Also would the tractor, this one is soooo bad that townies will come over, and head straight towards it, and constantly keep trying to wake up the family at all hours of the night for hay rides. Tipping the cow, the water slide, and water sprinkler are the others that just drives me up a wall.
  • AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    I can't get over the Werewolf literally making himself SICK on Ice Cream, throwing up, then coming right back to eat more. lol. I had to take it away, I felt bad. lol.
  • Dark_Tig3rDark_Tig3r Posts: 549 Member
    Sprinklers, Trampoline, Computer. I had a sim once that wouldn't stop doing the hopscotch. Everytime she came home from school she wouldn't even go inside she would go straight to the hop scotch and I had another sim that was obsessed with feeding the horse carrots. Horse wouldn't be hungry or lonely or anything and she would go and feed him carrots.
    I'm only living the life to which I've grown accustomed.
    edited August 2015
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I don't even bring out the ice cream maker or fryer out, they won't stop eating that stuff, even when their stuffed. Also would the tractor, this one is soooo bad that townies will come over, and head straight towards it, and constantly keep trying to wake up the family at all hours of the night for hay rides. Tipping the cow, the water slide, and water sprinkler are the others that just drives me up a wall.
    Those poor cows... :( I need to play with the farm stuff more often. I just haven't found a good residential lot for it yet.
    edited August 2015
    I love Bonehilda but she is obsessed with pets, toddlers, checking herself out in mirror, and bars! Every Fall season if I call her out of the coffin she will rake leaves for days. I'm not even joking.. :#
  • 5W33TH34RT5W33TH34RT Posts: 323 Member
    I have one Sim who swims in any fountain where it's possible. (They're really small, decorative pools.) It's funny.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    At University I always get streakers at parties, they run around, then get 'stuck' and start waving their arms around expecting me to do something... ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • vebbra99vebbra99 Posts: 93 Member
    My MARRIED witch flirts with everyone. She was in a household with four other supernaturals, and after some day she'd made out with all of them. Boys and girls.
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Sketching!!! Tucker can't get enough of it lol! <3

Just reinstalled TS3 earlier, made my Sim and got right to it (after mod'in up)

ZUDpEv1.jpg

7gMXls8.jpg
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    The phone. :/ I so wish I could delete those darn cell phones sometimes. You'd think by escaping to sims virtual reality one could escape the cell obsession that plagues the entire real world... But alas, it is not the case. My sim moods plummet quickly and way too often when I don't let them play with their tiny, digital, little lords-and-masters for too long. *sigh*
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited August 2015
    The VR goggles. Arguing with the chickens. Fishing/wishing from the wishing well. (Nearly) everything else others have mentioned.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    The piano. Literally the everybody in the house in one of my games aside from dad and the youngest daughter as she can't use it yet loves the piano (but I think she'll play it when she older too, she loves watching). 4 sims fighting for the piano all day every day.

Dad doesn't really have an obsession I guess. He just likes to be with his family. I guess they're his obsession which is actually pretty sweet not weird or annoying. Oh no, actually,just remembered he does have a slight obsession with the foosball table.

And of course the youngest daughter's obsession is just harassing everybody else in the house for a bedtime story. And the karaoke machine and trying to get her siblings and parents to sing with her.

Normally my sims are just obsessed with either the TV, the computer, books, or their phone.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    The juice bar. There are four toddlers in my house just now, so perhaps the poor woman could be justified in turning to drink, but seriously all she does is head to that bar morning, noon and night. The toddlers could be stinky, starving and screaming in their cribs, it's still the first place she heads.
    Hopeless mother clearly, but it's given me a storyline to work with.

Now and then you get a kid who's obsessed with holding court at the table, can't stand that, they turn into their costume and just stand there for hours waving a sceptre around and do absolutely nothing else.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    Now and then you get a kid who's obsessed with holding court at the table, can't stand that, they turn into their costume and just stand there for hours waving a sceptre around and do absolutely nothing else.

That drives me batty. I had to get a mod to make that interaction not autonomous.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    My sims used to love playing in puddles, making gourmet pet food and play in the ocean (and then complain that they couldn't). I used the NRaas Retuner mod to turn off the autonomous for those things.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    My Sims are obsessed with playing computer games......while other Sims are asleep in that same room! *facepalm*
  • AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    Oh and one of my Future Sims is obsessed with the Laser Rhythm-a-con instrument, as soon as she wakes up she starts playing it, waking up her spouse! LOL She's maxed out the skill for it, and I got her to learn all the songs, and still keeps playing it.
  • SilverChanSilverChan Posts: 23 Member
    My Sims are of course all obsessed with computer games--well, all except for my workaholic Sim, who won't stop working from home! My artistic Sims often ignore everything to go paint, including their own crying child, and the ones that can play instruments keep doing that.

When I have a bar, my Sims often start making themselves drinks all the time. Not every one of them, but in one of my games a Sim I brought into the household kept doing that, whenever he was awake. It was pretty hilarious, really.
  • LibbysfLibbysf Posts: 8 New Member
    Woohooing! I had the most innocent Sim on the planet, who was lovely and loyal to his girlfriend.. I turn Free Will on for about 10 mins whilst I'm on another family and come back and BOOM, he has his girlfriend, AND her mum pregnant! I mean, what!?
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    The tea set. I put some in a hangout, and everyone on that lot was fighting over seats at the tea sets.
  • FuzzySlippersFuzzySlippers Posts: 81 Member
    The DJ booth! I put one into my household just to try it out, as I never seem to use it, and my sims were constantly dropping everything to go and spin some records or dance.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Me.

My sims are obsessed with entertaining and annoying me. Occasionally both at the same time. They are very good at it, too. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top