Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freezer Bunny Holiday Simifest-Event Sign Ups!

Comments

• Options
    sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member
    At some point I'm going to have to write this Halloween thing down. I suppose I'll give it a try tomorrow or Thursday.

Also, I'm glad you all like the banner.
    Origin ID: Shar1W
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Okay!!! Here's my first event that will take place in October:

Apple Picking
    Join ARoseInBloom for an afternoon of relaxation and apple picking at the local farm followed by some delicious homemade apple fruit tarts, (apple fruit scones if her baking skill gets high enough!). A light hearted adventure full of pure fall joy is just the way to appreciate the new season!

Also, make sure you check out the front page under Events to see what we have listed so far! This week's proposal time is almost up! If you have already offered an idea and have another, Sunday is your first chance to do such :)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    CT would love to come apple picking, if she's not taking the spot of someone else who also really wants to come.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    This sounds like a lot of fun, I'd love to get involved in some way. Are the events only for simselfs or can regular and legacy sims participate?
  • Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    This sounds like a lot of fun, I'd love to get involved in some way. Are the events only for simselfs or can regular and legacy sims participate?

For my events, any Sim is invited!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

The one I have featured here is for any sims, I have two other events under the other events post one is simselves only and the other is any sim.
  • Options
    RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    edited September 2015
    Okay, I don't brain much... help me understand better how I sign up? More specifically, the limitations of how many times I can sign up. We're talking small words here, explain like you would to a 5 year old. Maybe it's because it's so early here, or this brain fart is just one long fart and I'm not understanding.

I think I'm confused because events aren't listed by round and date...?

Edit: I think I have it now...
  • Options
    Okay, I think the brain fart has stopped. Wow. That was a hard one.

@aroseinbloom What is required of participants for Apple Picking? I would like to sign up.
  • Options
    @rorygilmore34 sign ups start next week.

For apple picking, you just need your Sim. Nothing else. We'll be hanging out at a little farm that I build and then JRose is going to bake some stuff with the apples. Those with high enough baking skills can join me. Talking, enjoying the fall air. I'll ask any participants if they want to write anything to include based on screen shots I take, but it's not required!
  • Options
    Okay! Here's my second event:

Holiday Cookie Baking hosted by JRose
    December
    Since as far back as I can remember, my mom and I (and sometimes my friend) gather every December and bake dozens of holiday cookies--all different varieties. We keep many of them, but also send them off to friends. JRose would like to do the same with her friends. You're invited to her house for a day of baking and laughing as we contemplate joy and the beginning of winter.
    Participants will be asked to contribute if they want, based on screenshots and their thoughts/feelings of joy and winter.
  • Options
    @rorygilmore34 sign ups start next week.

For apple picking, you just need your Sim. Nothing else. We'll be hanging out at a little farm that I build and then JRose is going to bake some stuff with the apples. Those with high enough baking skills can join me. Talking, enjoying the fall air. I'll ask any participants if they want to write anything to include based on screen shots I take, but it's not required!
    Okay! Here's my second event:

Holiday Cookie Baking hosted by JRose
    December
    Since as far back as I can remember, my mom and I (and sometimes my friend) gather every December and bake dozens of holiday cookies--all different varieties. We keep many of them, but also send them off to friends. JRose would like to do the same with her friends. You're invited to her house for a day of baking and laughing as we contemplate joy and the beginning of winter.
    Participants will be asked to contribute if they want, based on screenshots and their thoughts/feelings of joy and winter.

@aroseinbloom This is all so exciting! :)
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    This looks cute. :)

Q for the boss lady:

I'm going by the information in the front, that attendee signups haven't actually started (so, no reserving spots for ourselves yet).. is that still correct? Or am I misreading it and signup time is just whenever the host for that particular session accepts ya?

Just wanna make sure I don't miss the opportunity window as there are several 'save me a spot' type of posts by Cathy and others in here already -- that's basically signing up, right? :)

tia

P.S. Can you tell I overthink these darn signup procedures? *twitch*
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options

Q for the boss lady:

I'm going by the information in the front, that attendee signups haven't actually started (so, no reserving spots for ourselves yet).. is that still correct? Or am I misreading it and signup time is just whenever the host for that particular session accepts ya?

Just wanna make sure I don't miss the opportunity window as there are several 'save me a spot' type of posts by Cathy and others in here already -- that's basically signing up, right? :)

tia

Sign ups haven't started. I know peeps have said they want spots, but nothing has been recorded yet! We'll start off on Sunday!

• Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member

Q for the boss lady:

tia

Sign ups haven't started. I know peeps have said they want spots, but nothing has been recorded yet! We'll start off on Sunday!

Ok, great. Thank you. :)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    Hiya, all! Wanted to remind you that this is our last week to offer events. I hope there are more of you put there thinking of things to do throughout the holiday months!

Jump right in and share your idea so others may share in the fun! It's fun and easy to host an event...it's only as complicated as you make it :)

Join in the fun and celebrate the holidays, seasons, and love in your special, Simmy way
  • Options

Q for the boss lady:

tia

Oh, sorry guys. I got confused about timing, procedures, and so on. And I also was just wanting to show enthusiasm and support! :)

I really don't want to take anybody's spot (plus, my project list is pretty full at the moment). Please just use me as a second-string player--if you need somebody to fill out any of the rosters for any events, I'll be happy to fill in. Otherwise, it works really well for me right now to sit out.

:)

• Options
    Anyone doing a Thanksgiving? If not, I've got an idea.
  • Options
    I'm so excited! :)
  • Options
    sunnyshay wrote: »
    Anyone doing a Thanksgiving? If not, I've got an idea.

I think November is completely empty!
  • Options
    Is it Sunday yet? I guess it is in Australia! I'm so excited! :)
  • Options
    Will there be another round? I need extra time to concoct my Thanksgiving thing.
  • Options
    Sure...I mean, we definitely could use a few more events so we can extend it out. We'll still start sign ups tomorrow, but if anyone has other events, let's just keep them coming!
  • Options
    It's Sunday! Can I sign up for things?
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
  • Options
    Hiya!

It is time for sign ups. Please check the front page as some events have been removed/added.

Remember--two Sims per round so it's fair and more people can participate. Just tag the host on here with the event name or PM the event host letting him/her know which event you want to sign up for and they'll let me know! First come, first served basis!

Also....we are keeping event proposals open. There really aren't that many, so if anyone else wants to add an event, please do so!!