Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hate the aging

Love the game hate the aging part I don't play because of the aging and I don't want to buy LP until they don't take the aging off I am not playing.

Comments

• Beng11Beng11 Posts: 160 Member
    I play the game every couple of months and I have only just completed the toddler quests. Do each life stage require LP to advance? :/
    Developing a program that downloads safe roms & emulators for you for the first-time users of emulating games. Yay or nay?
    Kiss+awwwww+x_26c5c6_4860267.gif
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    If you have completed to the point of auto aging/life dreams and personalities, it requires LP to postpone the aging.

I don't like the auto aging either. I'd like to see where you can choose to age your sims once they complete the life dreams, but you aren't required to.
  • KVvin2081KVvin2081 Posts: 75 Member
    Beng 11 yes I hardly play because of that its 2lp per person to keep them from being elders and dieing I don't want to create new sims because they all have their hobbies and careers in the highest level.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Never knew there was aging honestly, then again I never got far in the game because Windows Phone version was outdated and my phone broke. I enjoy TSFP more than TS4, which is kind of sad. It offers more than TS4, except for turning off aging but then again they need money too so I can see how they implemented this scheme to get income for future development and not having the game get shut down and no longer available to download/play as mobile games go.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • sl393lsl393l Posts: 155 Member
    The aging and orbs earning them seem like a big hassle to me. I haven't finished the in stitches quest before it on purpose because I don't want to do it. I just do the weekly quests and quests that don't need the life dreams and legacies quest to be completed.
    I regret doing that quest because now it's a hassle I have not done the orbs either they make it hard so the customer buys the Lps from the store.
  • iamcherylfailsiamcherylfails Posts: 214 Member
    I haven't checked my FreePlay in months but seriously... They added auto-ageing now? That's something I do not want.
    Yes they did and it's horrible they age pretty fast too.
    yunanesca wrote: »
    I use the testingcheat and the buy debug and then go in an get the youth potion dring an drink that for ever member ever one be backat the life stage the at beginnig is what i do keep my sims from aging till they reach what I want for them to not ago past Young adult,
    or got back in to the testingcheats/CAS then reverse ther age that way to to wht ever stage you wish to keep. idk if the helps any one, but I figured i'd would add it i don't play my families often but I do that incase ther some I wanna do with them like have wedding or some thing.

~Sincerely, Yuna~[/quote

Where can you do that in sims free play ?
  • Beng11Beng11 Posts: 160 Member
    I use the testingcheat and the buy debug and then go in an get the youth potion dring an drink that for ever member ever one be backat the life stage the at beginnig is what i do keep my sims from aging till they reach what I want for them to not ago past Young adult,
    or got back in to the testingcheats/CAS then reverse ther age that way to to wht ever stage you wish to keep. idk if the helps any one, but I figured i'd would add it i don't play my families often but I do that incase ther some I wanna do with them like have wedding or some thing.

~Sincerely, Yuna~

This cannot be done in The Sims Freeplay. This wasn't posted in The Sims 4 section. :)
    Developing a program that downloads safe roms & emulators for you for the first-time users of emulating games. Yay or nay?
    Kiss+awwwww+x_26c5c6_4860267.gif
    Thanks beng11.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member

~Sincerely, Yuna~

That can only be done in The Sims 4. This section is for The Sims Free Play....two entirely different games with two entirely different game engines.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • iamcherylfailsiamcherylfails Posts: 214 Member
    KVvin2081 wrote: »
    Yes they did and it's horrible they age pretty fast too.

Wow, that sucks.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Having them age and die is the only way to collect the life orbs necessary to build some of the venues. The carnival, beach, animal park, and arcade plus all of the attractions in them. I don't feel any sort of attachment to these sims. They're just a means to an end so as soon as they complete their life dreams I introduce them to the grim reaper, put the life orb in inventory or pass it on to another sim.
    I just get tired of starting the hobbies from level 1 I just wished aging was optional.
  • angelsue365angelsue365 Posts: 85 Member
    > @yunanesca said:
    > I use the testingcheat and the buy debug and then go in an get the youth potion dring an drink that for ever member ever one be backat the life stage the at beginnig is what i do keep my sims from aging till they reach what I want for them to not ago past Young adult,
    > or got back in to the testingcheats/CAS then reverse ther age that way to to wht ever stage you wish to keep. idk if the helps any one, but I figured i'd would add it i don't play my families often but I do that incase ther some I wanna do with them like have wedding or some thing.
    >
    > ~Sincerely, Yuna~

um you're confused,freeplay doesnt have the testing cheat or buydebug
  • yunanescayunanesca Posts: 303 Member
    i'm sorry then, My Mistake, please for get what I said then.
    ~Sincerely Yuna~
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    click the button for my Sims 4 Creator Studio
    http://yunanesca.tumblr.com/
  • CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
    To be honest, aging to the next age in TSFP takes longer than TS4. It took me like 3 months before my toddler turned into a child.

Oh and yes, there are toddlers in TSFP.
    I'm back!
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    KVvin2081 wrote: »
    I just get tired of starting the hobbies from level 1 I just wished aging was optional.
    It is. My sims never age because I just pay the needed LPs to reset their ages. Nevertheless I get more and more LPs because my sims earn them faster than I use them - primarily from doing hobbies.

The only problem is that I will never get the few buildings which only can be bought by using orbs. But so be it! ;)

• WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    edited September 2015
    After the update I just forced my self to ignore my fav. sims that had the highest career and hobby levels so they wouldn't age and created other sims with the creative last name of Lam and made as goofy looking as possible to farm the orbs to reach the platinum orbs needed to stop the aging for my fav. sims. Long, yes. But I finally got the orbs to save my fav. sims from aging.

Then after that began the long grind getting the orbs to unlock the new venues. It looks like for now though they've held off making any new venues that need orbs. Thank goodness.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Wrenry wrote: »
    After the update I just forced my self to ignore my fav. sims that had the highest career and hobby levels so they wouldn't age and created other sims with the creative last name of Lam and made as goofy looking as possible to farm the orbs to reach the platinum orbs needed to stop the aging for my fav. sims. Long, yes. But I finally got the orbs to save my fav. sims from aging.

Then after that began the long grind getting the orbs to unlock the new venues. It looks like for now though they've held off making any new venues that need orbs. Thank goodness.
    My sims are doing their hobbies and I don't give them any personalities. This means that I can always stop their aging just by using LPs because they still earn more LPs than I need to stop their aging.

Playing your way would of course be an alternative. But I have the max number of sims (31) for my level (51) and I still need more sims for the new hobbies. Therefore playing your way would still mean that I would have to kill a lot of my favorite sims. As far as I know I will only get 3 sims more because max level is 55 and max number of sims is 34 and I still have unused hobbies already which I need new sims to get later. Therefore I feel that I would need to completely destruct my game if I attempted to play it in your way.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    To be honest, aging to the next age in TSFP takes longer than TS4. It took me like 3 months before my toddler turned into a child.

Oh and yes, there are toddlers in TSFP.

How did you manage that? Did you just not play at all for 3 months?

How long is each life stage?
    It kind of depends how much you do but roughly if they are constantly doing actions:
    Baby- 24 hours
    Toddler- 3 days
    Preteen- 5 days
    Teenager- 7 days
    Adult- 18 days
    Senior- 10 days
    https://thegirlwhogames.wordpress.com/2014/03/20/the-sims-freeplay-life-dreams-and-legacies-update-tips/

How does the orbs stop sims from aging?
    Erpe wrote: »

My sims are doing their hobbies and I don't give them any personalities. This means that I can always stop their aging just by using LPs because they still earn more LPs than I need to stop their aging.

Playing your way would of course be an alternative. But I have the max number of sims (31) for my level (51) and I still need more sims for the new hobbies. Therefore playing your way would still mean that I would have to kill a lot of my favorite sims. As far as I know I will only get 3 sims more because max level is 55 and max number of sims is 34 and I still have unused hobbies already which I need new sims to get later. Therefore I feel that I would need to completely destruct my game if I attempted to play it in your way.

I don't give them personalities either.
  • s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    I really loved free play. But just after they add aging system i stopped playing.