Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Conflicted with the Sims 4

I'm not going to lie; in some areas, the Sims 4 does a good job, such as the lack of sliders and more molding in CAS. However in core gameplay, it's an abomination. :( It really makes me sad to say this because I love the Sims as a whole and the teams behind these games have filled my life with genuine happiness with all of the memories I've made with these games. Heck, my first memory of playing the Sims was hilarious as I didn't understand the needs and I thought the macaroni my sim made was so bad it caused them to pass out, as the sims would end up faceplanting into the bowls. :D But nonetheless, to get down to the nitty gritty of all of this...

What the Sims 4 is missing is a lack of immersion in gameplay. I could get lost in playing the Sims 2 and 3, meanwhile the Sims 4 has barely anything fun to really do or anything that's really pleasing so I play it for like 30 minutes and go off to do something else more amusing. There's nothing really there for people who enjoy playing big family legacies. I could go on about why the lack of toddlers is bad, but others do that enough and if I did it, I'd be beating the dead llama. Another honest issue I'm seeing is with expansions is that some like Get Together are ones really don't want nor need. As LGR has said before, we're getting this quantity over quality. We've gotten two expansions that don't really mix anything up and there's nothing outside the box with them. One should have been in the base game, the other is just filler.

Two videos I have to recommend on this topic...

"LGR - Do I HATE The Sims?" https://youtube.com/watch?v=lPRBo2Gnwi4
"The Sims 4 Get Together: Why This Isn't What Simmers Needed" https://youtube.com/watch?v=uBx2Vp4Osv8

I will probably come back to this post later to add more on. Toodles.

-Jojo

Comments

• saucatsaucat Posts: 98 Member
    In the sims 3 I could play it for 12 hours straight and always find something to do. In the sims 4 I can't play for more than 3 hours and in that time I must make at least 2 new families, as I quickly get bored.
    I wouldn't say I'm bothered about a lack of anything.
    But I just get a different feeling when playing the sims 3 than I do when playing sims 4... I don't know how to describe it, and it's nothing to do with game content, I just find there's something about the sims 3 that makes me enjoy it more.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Interesting points, it seems that there are other Simmers who have said the same thing as you, CAS is improved and Sims look all very well but many say there is something missing in the game play while the choice of EPs is questionable

I just stick with TS3 myself, no need to change for me :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    saucat wrote: »
    In the sims 3 I could play it for 12 hours straight and always find something to do. In the sims 4 I can't play for more than 3 hours and in that time I must make at least 2 new families, as I quickly get bored.
    I wouldn't say I'm bothered about a lack of anything.
    But I just get a different feeling when playing the sims 3 than I do when playing sims 4... I don't know how to describe it, and it's nothing to do with game content, I just find there's something about the sims 3 that makes me enjoy it more.

I have the same issue. The Sims 3? Could go an entire day playing it, to the point where I actually missed classes. lol.
    edited August 2015
    Interesting points, it seems that there are other Simmers who have said the same thing as you, CAS is improved and Sims look all very well but many say there is something missing in the game play while the choice of EPs is questionable

I just stick with TS3 myself, no need to change for me :smile:

Yeah. TS3 is probably the best of the series in core gameplay, but in sales, TS2 is king. I'll stick with those two.
  • saucatsaucat Posts: 98 Member
    I know there's definitely loads of content missing in The Sims 4 that should have been in the base game, but when it comes to listening it, I can't think lol. To me, The Sims 4 just seems like a really empty, unfinished game.
    saucat wrote: »
    I know there's definitely loads of content missing in The Sims 4 that should have been in the base game, but when it comes to listening it, I can't think lol. To me, The Sims 4 just seems like a really empty, unfinished game.

The Sims 4 is like, to me, what it should have been in alpha or arguably beta, but not a finished product.
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I am the opposite, I prefer sims 2 and 4, played 2 hours in sims 3 and got bored so quickly. I never cared about the sims in sims 3 or the interactions, they were so boring or always angry in my game lol. I just wish they stop cutting corners with sims 4, like the retail system in Get to Work
  • PURPLESIMPURPLESIM Posts: 28 Member
    If they are adding things each month, it is definitely not a finished product. Although I do enjoy how it runs on my computer.
    PURPLESIM wrote: »
    If they are adding things each month, it is definitely not a finished product. Although I do enjoy how it runs on my computer.

Not gonna lie, it runs great and I don't mind the lack of open world, but it's so clunky and a mess.