Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caldey Isle, now has over 2000 downloads!

StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
CI_Panorama2_zpscp2cza6d.jpg
After month of planning, working, fussing, dithering & occasional naval gazing;
I'm finally ready for my little world to have a general release.
CI_Overview_zpsy3nkos03.jpg
CI_FallViewBayL_zpsyqv8h8ft.jpg
CI_LightHouseRockL_zps0pvkqpyl.jpg
CI_Founders%20BayL_zpsuebajdzc.jpg
CI_SmugglersBayL_zpsif2ykqia.jpg
CI_EscarpmentFarms_zpscfjpayrb.jpg
CI_UpperTown_zpsy252tbv0.jpg
CI_OuterBailey_zpsdnythep3.jpg

World Info

EPs used; All except GEN & ITF. No SPs, store content, or CC.
Caldey%20Isle%20EPs_zpsv8cdfgz8.jpg
It's a small CAW map (4 chunks) File size 36MB.
  • 35 Residential
  • 32 Community Lots
  • Caldey Isle's a small picturesque fictional isle nestled in a small archipelago somewhere off the coast of Great Britain. It's set before the industrial revolution; roughly 17th to mid 19th century, so there's no roads, electricity, schools, hospitals, fire department or most of the mod cons we take for granted in the 21st century. I couldn't resist indoor plumbing & basic kitchen appliances.
  • Don't worry, it's not that bleak. I've included quite a few rabbit holes, mostly buried. I've included City Hall, Military, Police, Science, Business, Theatre, Criminal, Bookstore, Grocery & Restaurant rabbit holes. There's also a salon, consignment store, junkyard, mine, cemetery, sea ports, festival grounds & a variety of small shops scattered around the island.
  • Though small, Caldey boast abundant resources. On land or sea there's an abundant selection of spawners. I should also mention that my little isle harbors a startlingly large number of hidden treasure caches. If your Sim is fearless & resourceful, they could bring in quite an income looting tombs & poking into dark corners.
  • It was a challenge building to my theme without CC & store content, but where possible I've left room to add your own. Cows, chickens, glassblowing, canning, baking, archery are just a few items that would fit perfectly on Caldey.
  • It's a great place for your Sims to make their fortune & build a legacy.

Caldey Isle download Links: Exchange, Mediafire, SimFileShare

FishingQuietGlen_zpsbkuet9uh.jpg
CI_RedOakHouse_zpsi5ggxsuv.jpg
CI_StarryNight_zpsxljidsvj.jpg
CI_NewDawn_zpsdujrg1c7.jpg

If you have questions or if you find problems with Caldey Isle; please let me know.
I'll do my best to see you sorted.
I'd really love to see what you do with Caldey. Send Pictures.
stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited December 2015
    Caldey%20Isle%20sunset_zpsypcqsqvn.jpg
    This is my latest "no roads" world.
    After many trials, tribulations & fervid practice in the use of CAW, I now feel up to actually uploading & sharing my current world, Caldey Isle.
    I've been plodding away on this small island world for months. Now I'm getting close to letting folks take a closer look & test it out.
    From the start I've been posting my world's progress to my Simblr.
    I won't re post it all here, but if you're a fan of the tedious minutia of documenting Caldey Isle's developement; check it out at StellaTorontoSims
    In response to Who's still making Sims 3 worlds? I decided I should stop lurking & actually post something.
    I'll try to make updates for Caldey Isle here as well my Simblr.
    Falls%20Bay_CI_zpshdazbhjb.jpg
    Port%20Merry%20Bell_zps5djuhktd.jpg
    Smugglers%20Bay_CI_zps8mmfnorz.jpg
    Lighthouse%20Rock_zpsiizgv1m7.jpg
    Holy%20Trinity%20Cemetary_CI_zpsqo2peh2y.jpg

Post edited by StellaToronto on
    edited December 2015
    CaldeyIsle_Map%20amp%20Legend_zpstwca7pu0.jpg
    Caldey%20Isle%20EPs_zpsv8cdfgz8.jpg
    Map & legend of Caldey Isle as it stands today. Helpful reference for upcoming testing.
    I’ve delayed testing/uploading for a little while longer. I needed to finish tombs & hidden areas that tie in to the 5 map piece Hidden Island Challenge. Since folks have been kind enough to help out with testing, it’s only fair they should have the first chance to discover what secrets lie beneath this picturesque little community.
  • sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    Completely gorgeous!! Thank you for posting here and bringing beauty to our little sims3 section they've alloted in the forums. Your world makes opening these threads a gift and here's hoping the powers that be realize what amazing feats are still being accomplished with Sims 3. Thank you for sharing, Stella, and I'd be happy to beta for you anytime. I'd be willing to give a go at room decor, as there is no obligation on your part and it's the part I enjoy most as my building skills are quite limited. Congratulations on such a beautiful start to (what I think is) your first world!!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    LOvely for sure!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Wow, it's beautiful! I really love the village.
    Hi there :)Writin_Reg, Shadecaster101 thanks for the encouragement.
    sharonxyz just a little longer before testing can start. I've added to the 2nd post with map/legend. Nothing like witnesses to make one stop procrastinating ;)
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    It looks lovely! Can't wait 'til it's available. And, I see you're a fan of 'Outlander' since you've included 'Lallybrock' in the residences. :)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited August 2015
    Lovely work stella! which grass paint did you use I do not recognize it? love the way it looks (yes I may have to steal it from you lol!!)
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    Very nice, Stella. I'm looking forward to exploring there.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    How lovely ! Lighthouse rock is my favourite picture.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    Charming!
    Hi flstrider. I got the grass paint I used on Caldey from a CAW FAQ link.
    I used it for my base & it reads very well/seamless for all distances.
    It's from one of the EA worlds.....I think. I've made it slightly darker for my world.
    Dk_GrassCaldey_zpsw56ffnqu.png
    This is the grass I used.
    I could look up source link for you or I could upload the version I used on Caldey.
    Whichever suits you best.
    despina53, yes I'm a fan of the Outlander book/TV series.
    I built Lallybrock this spring. Unfortunately the version on Caldey Isle is very basic.
    The original build has store & CC content.
    I'll be uploading the tricked out version to my Simblr at some point.

Starsaphire2, Pary, Clayworld thank you for your kind words & encouragement. :)
    I love Diana Gabaldon's books.
    I don't watch the TV series though. I did that with Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series, and it absolutely ruined the books for me, even though I have read them a billion times.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    Hi Stella! I decided to post any testing here as I expect it will be an ongoing process for more than just myself. The graveyard tomb went very smoothly, no problems. The two spawn points next to the soulpiece statue were empty, which just means they hadn't had time to spawn anything yet...I think it might take a day sim-time and I didn't allow more than an hour. Several unused keystones were acquired, I expect they will come in handy for other tombs in your world so my sim will hold on to them. The tent btw has no way to take it or add to inventory without mods, so I'm not sure how that can be fixed. The shower in a cans have that option. My sim is athletic 6 and handy 5and was fine throughout. She is adventurous as a trait, but has only done the Lost Army tomb in China prior to yours. Well done!! I'm looking forward to more tombs and playing in Caldey Isle!!
    edited September 2015
    Hi sharonxyz. Thanks for running the tomb right away. Glad you made it through, no troubles. The important thing is the map piece. I've placed 5 map chests in world tombs & 2 bottle spawners. Got to unlock that hidden island :)
    A little over kill with the extra generic keystone. Players need to save them up for bonus content hidden in tomb on the hidden island. I have copious notes, but it's been a challenge keeping up with all the joined tomb elements.
    I have a couple more tombs almost ready, but since the first tomb proved to be easy enough, I may have to up the risk/challenge factor of the next ones ;)
    LOL...not everyone likes really challenging tombs. Bring on the puzzles, but keep the traps in check, they can be so brutal :) I did get the map piece...after blanking a sec...of course it is in a IP chest. Tying the world together via tombs/dive wells? I LOVE it!
    @StellaToronto - I've read the entire Outlander series but don't watch the series. In fact, I reread the previous books each time a new one comes out so the story is fresh :mrgreen: . Like @Pary I don't like what they do to the stories when they convert them into film; the story usually is completely turned around.
    despina53 wrote: »
    @StellaToronto - I've read the entire Outlander series but don't watch the series. In fact, I reread the previous books each time a new one comes out so the story is fresh :mrgreen: . Like @Pary I don't like what they do to the stories when they convert them into film; the story usually is completely turned around.

Also the guy they chose to play Jamie, totally didn't fit into the image created for me by the book. The same with Claire.

ANYHOW! Lovely world, and I can't wait to have a play in it. It looks like a little self contained pirate island, so I can't wait to have a look around :)

PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
    @Pary - I totally agree about the actors cast to play Jamie and Claire! Jamie is supposed to be about 6' 4" tall and Claire should have hair more like the actress Alex Kingston ( extremely curly not just very wavy ). Sorry @StellaToronto for derailing your thread :#
    Hey there Pary, despina53 as you guessed I am a big fan of the Outlander book series.
    I reread them all recently........ I also watched the TV series & enjoyed it.
    As adaptations go, they stuck pretty close to the book. Despite the limitations of serialized TV, they did a decent job of it.
    No actor could be everyone's Jamie, he's "a prince among men." ;)
    The friend who introduced the series to me more than 10 years ago, hates the show with a passion.
    Her Jamie is very different than Sam H. Oh well :/
    I actually built my Lallybrock for a friend, but I liked it so much, decided to share it on Caldey Isle.
    Truth be told this world was more inspired by Poldark.

Pary
    ANYHOW! Lovely world, and I can't wait to have a play in it. It looks like a little self contained pirate island, so I can't wait to have a look around
    The basic framework of Caldey Isle could work well with a pirate theme.
    I can't wait to see what stories folks will make there.
    sharonxyz wrote: »
    LOL...not everyone likes really challenging tombs. Bring on the puzzles, but keep the traps in check, they can be so brutal :) I did get the map piece...after blanking a sec...of course it is in a IP chest. Tying the world together via tombs/dive wells? I LOVE it!
    Just got feedback from another tester. They got through no problems :)
    I'll add text to a few of the tomb triggers to spice things up, but I'm thrilled Holy Trinity Cemetery Tomb ran as hoped.
    I have a couple more tombs ready to go. Lighthouse Rock and Rag & Bone Junkyard.
    If you're game I'll upload for you.
    Since the first lot wasn't too daunting, I've added to existing tombs to bulk them up a bit more.
    Just 2 more tombs after these that requiring testing.
    The Abandoned Mine & the Tournament/festival lot. I really need to find good names for these lots :/
    The rest of the worlds hidden areas/tombs are pretty basic, so won't need testing separately.
    I'll keep the Standing Stones tomb to myself, so you testers can have the fun of discovering it when playing world.

As long as we don't end up 'time traveling' while exploring the Standing Stones, @StellaToronto ;)
    Looking forward to more tombs, ready when you are :) I've enjoyed the tombs you put in virtually all your builds; Miller Vale is quite a treat and my sims was thrilled by the result :) It's very cool that you're putting a tomb in rags and bones junkyard. I've used it as is and my sims love to hang out there....not just finding scrap but they have water balloon fights out front. Sims are so silly, you've gotta love them! Playing with Miller Vale farm has been such a treat, I just love how you've utilized the space and how well it flows and my sims always have a beautifully decorated moodlet there :)
  • BatshebaBatsheba Posts: 44 Member
    Hi Stella, I'm amazed I remembered my origin login! Haven't used it in forever, lol.

Anyway, just thought I should pop my head in here to contribute of at least comment on the awesome world ;) Going to fix dinner now then I'm going tomb raiding ;)
    Caldey Isle. Testing, building, more testing. Repeat
    Port%20Merry%20Bell_zpserqxzylj.jpg

When I started testing Caldey last month, I found the spawned weather/climate amusing.
    Almost a Sim year in to testing..... not so much.
    Most days it rains. Not just spring & fall. Summer's are even better due to the frequent thunderstorms.
    This summer alone, my tester’s lot was struck 3 times by lightning. There were probably other hits when I wasn’t watching :open_mouth:
    I find it challenging to keep my sims outside doing chores with all the bad weather.
    They're always wanting to get inside out of the elements & leaving puddles around the house from getting soaking wet.
    12%20days%20into%20spring_zpsge5j2nx5.jpg
    12 days into a 20 day spring it snowed in the night. Only that morning I had Sims working in the garden.
    Foggy%20Morning%20from%20Lighthouse%20Rock_zpsixeggeyq.jpg
    A day later all the snow had melted, then fog & torrential rain began.
    I’ve looked into using NRaas Tempest to modify weather/climate to a more pleasant prospect.

Tomb testing is stressing me out. I’ve run each tomb many times.
    Every time I think I have all the locks, keys, traps, triggers & text right; I'll find there’s still something not quite right.
    Things that were rout able in one test will stop routing the next.
    Sorry Testers :(
    Holy%20Trinity%20Tower_zpsht7pcrjw.jpg
    Holy Trinity Cemetery was the first tomb tested, it ran well with very little stress.
    I decided to up my game; now hubris has come to bite my bum :/

I ended up placing the Hidden Island marker to test world routing. All is well.
    Even though some of Smuggler’s Bay is obscured by mist, the mainland & the waters surrounding the island are all still accessible. Yaaah!
    Sailing%20the%20waters%20of%20Caldey%20Isle_zpsrwyhbykl.jpg
    There’s still no sighting of the Kracken. The thing scares me no end, but now I’m really hoping the water is deep enough to spawn one in this world.
    I send my poor tester out to sea in bad weather hoping he’ll get attacked by a Kracken. I’m usually a benevolent Sim god, but this Kracken has become my Moby 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    Looking%20for%20the%20Kracken_zpsc0ow1qmg.jpg

Only 2 small lots left to build. I’m leaving the large castle lot & 2 small lots for folks that want their Caldey Legacy from the ground up.
    I considered building the castle myself, but it would take me months of compulsive dithering.
    No time for that when there’s a world to roll out ;-)

This week I’m going back into CAW to add back in built lots, more resource spawners & world objects for clutter.
    Then I’ll bite the bullet & have other players have a go at it.
    I know I’ll keep picking & tweaking at it indefinitely if left to my own devices.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top