Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Competition ~ input wanted!

So @picklesthecat114 and I have been talking about starting a modelling competition. We are uncertain of what to base of around so we want your feedback!
We were thinking about a range from high fashion editorials to fantasy pictures but what sort of themes do you want to see?
:)
I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
<3

Comments

• LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    Thank you Rose! We are very much looking forward to it!
    <3
  • picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    Thankyou, too Rose :)
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    I would hope the comp kicks off. Sims 4 people still aren't as interested in modeling as the Sims 3 community, and because of that we have very low numbers (heck, some of us are from Sims 3!). :c

I think, since a lot of them are still beginners and need practice with the very basics, you should start off with a fashion series. Not too long either since some of them have school now.
    So a quick mini series would get us off to a good start, not worrying about 10+ people either since the numbers are low here.

For the themes I'm not sure what you could do, but maybe just helping them learn the different types of fashions would be a good start, kind of like Trendsetter and Flaunt It.
    You could take a list of fashions and use that as your themes and add extra requirements where you want them (so a bathing suit needs an ocean/water source). Or you can take some other themes and add the fashion style as a requirement. So a beach party, but she must be wearing beach gear.

Hopefully that made sense. Looking forward to what you make!
    I would hope the comp kicks off. Sims 4 people still aren't as interested in modeling as the Sims 3 community, and because of that we have very low numbers (heck, some of us are from Sims 3!). :c

I think, since a lot of them are still beginners and need practice with the very basics, you should start off with a fashion series. Not too long either since some of them have school now.
    So a quick mini series would get us off to a good start, not worrying about 10+ people either since the numbers are low here.

For the themes I'm not sure what you could do, but maybe just helping them learn the different types of fashions would be a good start, kind of like Trendsetter and Flaunt It.
    You could take a list of fashions and use that as your themes and add extra requirements where you want them (so a bathing suit needs an ocean/water source). Or you can take some other themes and add the fashion style as a requirement. So a beach party, but she must be wearing beach gear.

Hopefully that made sense. Looking forward to what you make!

Thankyou! I love your guide on modeling and it sucks how there are not many sims 4 modelers. I personally think that the graphics from the sims 4 along with some cc can create some awesome sims!
  • BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    Something fun, like Scream Queens. <3
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
    edited August 2015
    Something fun, like Scream Queens. <3

Thankyou Bob on behalf of @ZapGirl and me :)
    Post edited by picklesthecat114 on
    Thanks for the input Mizzie and Bob! We have decided that it will start in a few weeks due to us both living in the UK and starting school again soon. We are hopefully planning for it to be 5-6 weeks long.
    <3
  • ilovebunnys65ilovebunnys65 Posts: 1,611 Member
    I'm excited. Can't wait. I never hosted a thing like this, but my best advice is to update the page each day so people can discover the page, and advertise in your signature.
    I'm excited. Can't wait. I never hosted a thing like this, but my best advice is to update the page each day so people can discover the page, and advertise in your signature.

Thankyou! I needed a new signature anyways! Will do that!
    Do you know how to do the hyperlink text?
    It's like this, but without the *

[*url="http://yourlinkhere.com"]Your text here[*/url]
    No, could you possible tell me, please?
    No, could you possible tell me, please?

t's like this, but without the *

Okay, Thankyou :)

Okay, Thankyou :)

No prob.
    edited August 2015
    For a photo and image, it's like this without the *

[*url=http://yourlinkhere.com][IMG*]img url here[/IMG*]

End Result:

2lbe6fa.jpg
    For a photo and image, it's like this without the *

[*url=http://yourlinkhere.com][IMG*]img url here[/IMG*]

End Result:

2lbe6fa.jpg

Thankyou :)
  • 0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    I love the idea of a fashion editorial theme!
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
    Thankyou @0Chloe, we were thinking about a fashion competition for models who don't typically for the mold. :)
    <3
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    You're welcome! And thank you @picklesthecat114! :3 We definitely need more modeling here.
    I'll be stalking it once it opens up. :P (Or joining if I have free time down the road! xD)
  • heather1306heather1306 Posts: 1,162 Member
    I'm thinking a fashion competition, around here we seem to only have like miss universe and colourful comps I think a good fashion editorial competition would be great and tbh it's a cono I've been lurking here for ages to find. Also with pose player being brought to sims 4 (it's still not as great as sims 3) but we have it which should make it even better for modelling!
    39508532972_d4ae4b6e81_o.gif
    I'm thinking a fashion competition, around here we seem to only have like miss universe and colourful comps I think a good fashion editorial competition would be great and tbh it's a cono I've been lurking here for ages to find. Also with pose player being brought to sims 4 (it's still not as great as sims 3) but we have it which should make it even better for modelling!

That's exactly why, Erin and me feel it would be an awesome way to get people interested in sims 4 Modeling :)! I'm glad that you are interested! :)
    Thanks for popping in Heather!

We are all decided on an editorial theme and are currently planning the rounds and getting everything sorted. :)
    <3
  • heather1306heather1306 Posts: 1,162 Member
    ZapGirl wrote: »
    Thanks for popping in Heather!

We are all decided on an editorial theme and are currently planning the rounds and getting everything sorted. :)

That's great! Can't wait to see what you come up :)
    39508532972_d4ae4b6e81_o.gif