Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Welcome To Eagle Harbor- Available in my Studio

flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
edited February 26 in Nominated Threads
Welcome2.jpg
Welcome to Eagle Harbor

Eagle Harbor will be a medium sized, Base Game (all EP's and SP's) only world that will be set up as a resort/modest town style world. I will be building some more custom lots for this world but it will also contain lots from my favorite Creative Corner Design Team D.N.A. I hope you all will enjoy this world when it is complete!!!!!
OverviewStart.jpg
My World's thread linked in Sig
NewSig.jpg

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited December 2016
    World Details:

Map Size: Medium: 1024x1024
    Lots: 74
    Residential Lots: 21
    Community Lots: 53 (three are Dive Lots)
    All EP's/SP's (minus KPST)
    Store Item: Harvest Bounty (Free)

World Download: available here

Lite Version:
    Lots: 72
    Residential: 21
    Community: 51
    Contains the following Rabbit Holes:
    Hospital (With Science Center)
    City Hall (With Military and Police)
    Bistro and Spa
    Diner
    Restaurant and Business Center
    Book Store
    Grocery
    Equestrian Center
    Criminal Hideout
    Theater
    Stadium
    School
    Movie Studio
    And also includes several park lots (Two Overlooks and other small parks)
    Download Link: Eagle Harbor Lite
    Post edited by flstrider on
    NewSig.jpg

edited July 2016
    Additional Notes:

Venue’s Included in full version:
    Small Park, Beach, Fishing Spot, Festival Ground, Arcade, Port, Big Park, Graveyard, Pool, Library, Gym, Art Gallery, Nectary, Landmark Tomb, Salon, Fire Station, Junkyard, Sports Bar, Watering Hole, Dive Bar, Vampire Lounge, Exclusive Lounge, Dance Club, Poolside Club, Disco Club, Dog Park, Elixir Shop, Supernatural Hangout, Resort, Horse Ranch

All Rabbit holes minus subway are included (City Hall, Hospital and others are combination RH’s)

Not Used:
    Big Show, Fusion Lounge, Cat Jungle, Coffee House, Live Show, Private Venue, Rebel Hangout, Nerd Shop, Java Hut, Cafeteria, Gallery Shop, Hangout, Business Park
    NewSig.jpg

Thought I would add a couple of "Lots-in-Progress" pics. They are not completed as of yet but will give an idea of where this world is going

Overlook Park Lot 1
    Screenshot-78.jpg
    Screenshot-77.jpg

Overlook Park Lot 2 (seasonal lot)
    Screenshot-83.jpg
    Screenshot-82.jpg

One of the rabbit hole area's
    Screenshot-79.jpg
    Screenshot-80.jpg
    Screenshot-81.jpg

Again these lots are not totally complete just wanted to get an idea of how things will be placed. More as the build continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    Wow, this is looking great!! Bookmarking this thread so I can keep up with your progress :)
    untitled-1.png

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Good Start :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Been a while since I have updated this thread so I thought I would share the progress so far with this world. School has been keeping me busy so I work on this as time permits......

Some houses...
    Screenshot-4.jpg
    Screenshot-6.jpg
    Screenshot-13.jpg

Overview of the area..
    Screenshot-3_1.jpg

The City Hall/Festival Grounds area...
    Screenshot-6_1.jpg
    Screenshot-2_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    ...This area has just been started and still needs to have a few details added and the park still needs to have the seasonal lot marker worked on

More as the slow progress continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    World looks great!
    c0Ixg8O.png
    @JoeJoe11 Thank you very much!

added the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon rabbit hole and the poolside club venue and wanted to share......

🐸🐸🐸🐸 Park
    Screenshot-17.jpg

"The Marina Poolside Club"
    Screenshot-10.jpg
    Screenshot-11_1.jpg
    1st floor
    Screenshot-15.jpg
    2nd floor
    Screenshot-14.jpg
    3rd floor
    Screenshot-13_1.jpg

Still a long way to go.... more as the progress continues......
    NewSig.jpg

• ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Love Overland Park and the Marina Poolside Club--very picturesque! <3
    EiFlric.png
    Finally finished the Disco club for the world. It is a combination skating rink, bowling alley, cafe, comic book store, and disco. Hope you enjoy this.

Front
    Screenshot-21.jpg

Back
    Screenshot-22.jpg

1st Floor
    Screenshot-23.jpg

2nd Floor
    Screenshot-25.jpg
    Screenshot-24.jpg

More as the slow build continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    wow....another beautiful world! Love how the back of the club backs up to the harbor. Another thing to put on my try list for my next world...which I hope I've learned enough playing in the empty Roaring Heights to build one from scratch.
    @bekkasan there is actually another lot in the back of the club lot. I did that more for appearance than practicality. I do like adding small lots to add to the overall look of a world I think it helps adding a few of these type lots to add some "eye candy" to the world. thanks for the wonderful comment and best of luck with your world I know you will enjoy building!
    NewSig.jpg

edited November 2015
    Finished the small graveyard for Eagle Harbor, here is the result.....

Screenshot-26.jpg
    Screenshot-27.jpg
    Screenshot-28.jpg

More as the slow progress continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• MiyamaniacMiyamaniac Posts: 67 Member
    Building small cemeteries is hard. I like the way you did it, it looks very serene.
    @Miyamaniac Thank you, did not want anything to big as far as a graveyard goes in this world but still needed the rabbit hole so I just went small and simple with the lot.

I did not have much time to work on the world but did get the next shell completed for the next venue, the consignment store. When I went into EIG today to finish up the shell this is the shot the game opened with......

Just had to share.....
    Screenshot-29.jpg

And here is the next venue I am working on......
    Screenshot-31.jpg

I may leave the second floor unfinished (excepts bathrooms) because I want to add the bakery to the second floor in my personal world version. More as the slow progress continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

edited November 2015
    lovely pics! I do love how detailed the reflections in the water are. It makes me realize just how hard the coders and artists worked on parts of this game :)

edited to add artists...don't want to forget them
    edited December 2015
    @bekkasan Thank you I also love the reflections that are created, they did do a great job with that!

Well, have a few more shells completed for several different venues thought I would share the progress of the world so far..........

Overview
    Screenshot-38.jpg

A small park near the housing area
    Screenshot-34.jpg

The Salon
    Screenshot-36.jpg

The Junkyard and a house
    Screenshot-37.jpg

The Fire House
    Screenshot-35.jpg

Equestrian Center
    Screenshot-39.jpg

And the Landmark Tomb
    Screenshot-30.jpg
    Screenshot-32.jpg
    Screenshot-33.jpg

You can also see the stadium and hospital rabbit holes as well. The hospital will also serve as the science center. I did move the cinema over closer to the festival grounds and added the business center over on the far end of the world. More as the slow work continues......
    NewSig.jpg

It is looking awesome!!
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Ditto! Love it!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    @bekkasan @HappySimmer3 Thank you both! this might sound funny but I think this one is more difficult to build since there is no store content in it....lol

Just completed two more shells for the world, the Local Watering Hole and the fishing spot. Might change the fishing spot to a club and find a new place for the fishing hole we will see as I work more on the lot......

Watering Hole
    Screenshot-2_2.jpg

Fishing spot
    Screenshot_2.jpg

More as the build continues......
    NewSig.jpg

wow...no store stuff!! I think that is my problem with my world. I didn't think the venues was too much stuff and then add a store item here or a hanging chime there and suddenly EIG doesn't like me anymore :( Taking a break and will tackle it after the holidays. :)
    @bekkasan Check out this tutorial about using lots of store content from Rflong7 it seems a bit difficult at first but it really is easy and works very well. Used this to save "Maxis Island" and it worked wonderfully! Hope this helps!
    NewSig.jpg

@flstrider I will check that thread out, hopefully sometime this week or after the holidays. It looks like a lifesaver thread!! @Rflong7 has some awesome advice that I've been reading as I check various threads out.

I've gone back and read threads from years ago and am amazed at all the talent out there and how y'all figured stuff out in CAW when it was first introduced. I wish I had been around then, but didn't start with Sims3 until 2012 and was very intimidated by CAW until I recently found Cawsters emptied worlds site and thought I would start that way.

BTW, I did finish my little town that I built using your Cheverly. My sims are very happy living there and it does play very well on my puter since it is not huge :) I put in many of my favorite builds that I downloaded over the years, and used my architect sim to fix the insides to suit the families that I added to the town.
    @bekkasan I would love to see what you did with Cheverly, could you post a couple of pics on my "worlds" thread? Yeah @Rflong7 has some great advice and has helped me quite a few times over the couple of years I have been doing CAW.
    NewSig.jpg

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I see that you have added some awesome houses in here :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top