Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Once-A-Day Lottery ✸ Concluded

ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
Greetings to all Sims 3 Simmers!

I have not hosted a game in a few years and I am hoping that this one might be fun and simple and not involve hours upon hours of work for me. Wish me luck? ;)

Once-A-Day Lottery is about this. We have seven days per week, right? Every day of the week, I will do a little drawing using a random generator and will post a winner for the day. (I'm not sure of the exact time of the drawing but I think we will find some general time span that works.) The prize will be rewarded shortly. [ :star: Inserting Comment: For you gifters out there, anyone wanting to jump in and support the game in any way is welcome. A further comment to you is at the very end of the post.] Everyone wins... is the goal here.

General Game Information

There are seven days a week and you are allowed to enter three times. You may enter for three different days of your choosing OR you may enter for two chances on one day and one chance on another OR you may enter all three chances on one day. It's your choice.

The drawings will begin on September 1st with the final day being October 30th. That's a lot of drawings, one or more of which may prove lucky for you. :smiley:

Since September begins on Tuesday, that is day one. Everyone with me, so far?

On Tuesday we will choose a winner of a Venue
On Wednesday we go for CAS objects and the winner gets to claim a shopping spree of ≈500 SimPoints
On Thursday our winner leaves with Building items running ≈500 SimPoints
On Friday the lucky winner walks away with a standard World - aren't those heavy? How is that done?
On Saturday we will choose a winner for a Premium object, not to exceed the 500-600 SimPoint range
On Sunday our winner gets to choose any Set in the 1000-2000 SimPoint range
On Monday our winner gets to choose something/or a set in the 200 - 1000 SimPoint range

I have not thought of every contingency but you have three opportunities to enter. You may nominate someone else, instead of entering OR you may enter for yourself for one or two day/s and enter your friend for the rest. It all adds up to three. You may have no more than five entries in any single category. Please inform us/me of any different usernames on the Sims 3 site so if you/your friend win, we can find you or your friend when we need to send out the prizes.

A sample post might look like this:
Let's say the username here is WanttoPlay

Entry One: WanttoPlay on Saturday
Entry Two: Friend (actual avatar name here) on Tuesday - Sims 3 username is Aries19870901
Entry Three: WanttoPlay on Monday

One Bonus Drawing Every Week - Everyone who enters and/or their nominated friend/s is automatically entered

At the end of the each week, on Monday, I will draw a winner for a Gold World, that is available with SimPoints from the Sims 3 Store. Everyone is automatically entered into that drawing, for themselves or for a friend and this one does not count against the three allowed entries, because this is a bonus drawing. Perhaps you own the store and entered three different friends in the drawings. Then all three of your friends will automatically be entered in the bonus drawing.

RULES

A couple little rules: Once you have made your three entries, you may not change them for that week. You may make any changes once a week, effective for the following week. If you want to make any changes for the following week, you should make them on Monday, after the drawing. In the event of you winning, a prize can be transferred to a different Simmer, on request. It is best if we hold off on awarding prizes until you CONFIRM your winning selection. Confirm you must. If you do not confirm your prize, you relinquish your right to free choice in the matter and your sponsor may make the choice for you. Nominated friends who win will be gifted without confirmation.

Questions will be addressed as they arise and hopefully, I have not made a confusing mess of all this information. :|

:star:Updates :star:
Please take responsibility to verify that I have placed you/your nominated friends in the right spots. I am human and make mistakes.

Directory of Entrants -- Note: This is a list of everyone who has posted an entry, whether they entered for themselves, nominated others or both. If any changes need to be made for further weeks, this is where to find your original post.

~~~~~~~~~~

<3Note to Sponsors <3

If anyone wants to help support the game, you're welcome to join in. You can also commit to, for example, Saturday's drawing for x weeks. Again, the goal here is - let's have fun and everyone wins! The more the merrier! :3

Sponsor Updates

I will leave to your discretion the prizes you gift, in the sense that, we will cover what we promised, but we are also allowed to exceed the amount we gift. For example, one might sponsor a day with CAS objects and it is completely acceptable to exceed the ≈500 SimPoints. Less rules = more fun! More sponsor information can be found in the following post.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited October 2015
    The Sponsors' Round Table

SjappielovePaul is doing us the favor of going over all the entries and making sure I have made no errors and we are most thankful for her help with this! Thanks as well to Ceea for stepping in to help support the lottery! :star:

Week One Sponsors -> Winners - September 01 - 07

Venue Tuesday - The SimCareLine and Reach - Two winners -> Cabelle1863 and fairygirl7
    CAS Wednesday - Friday027 and Reach - Two winners -> EvaKouk and GITTE2001
    Builder Thursday - KaytayRoall and Reach x 2 - Three winners -> Hello83433, LadyEmillye and AMofOz
    World Friday - Friday027 and Reach - Two winners -> Siiiiiiiiiimss3 and ErinaRox
    Premium Saturday - Friday027 and Reach x 2 - Three winners -> blacerdamuller, rosey1579 and tiger_lily5
    Super Set Sunday - despina53 and Reach x 2- Three winners -> cmbaker16, pinkieposh and SjappielovePaul
    Surprise Monday - Friday027 and Reach x 2- Three winners -> themarvelspider, ohmyglobguys and runzu

Gold World - Reach - Winner -> Shayleajay
    Runner-up - Reach -> Okblondee7

Week Two Sponsors -> Winners - September 08 - 14

Venue Tuesday - The SimCareLine and WaterHornet - Two winners -> ApparentlyAwesome and AriyAriy.
    CAS Wednesday - Friday027 and Reach - Two winners -> duyguugudur and AMofOz
    Builder Thursday - KaytayRoall and Reach - Two winners -> FoxyLovesKitty and debbycanty
    [Surprise: Thursday Random winners - GREENEYA and DarkVampKiss]
    World Friday - The SimCareLine, WaterHornet and Reach - Three winners -> picklesthecat114, runzu and Okblondee7
    Premium Saturday - Friday027, WaterHornet and Reach - Three winners -> themarvelspider, bps3 and AMofOz
    Super Set Sunday - Friday027, The SimCareLIne and Reach - Three winners -> cmbaker16, dkids1 and Bubbles_19
    Surprise Monday - Friday027 and Reach x 2 - Three winners -> 23kels89, Readalot1 and duyguugudur

Gold World - The SimCareLine - Winner -> ErinaRox
    Runner-up - Reach -> MegaMauricio

Week Three Sponsors -> Winners - September 15 - 21

Venue Tuesday
    - The SimCareLine, WaterHornet and Reach x 3 - Five winners -> shayleajay, Yazmine6788, ApparentlyAwesome, figmentz and GREENEYA
    CAS Wednesday - despina53 and Reach x 2 - Three winners -> izaap, Lizzie1234, Readalot1
    Builder Thursday - KaytayRoall, 23kels89 and Reach x 2 - Four winners -> Hello83433, AriyAriy, Letchy15 and seagull-simmer
    World Friday - Friday027, WaterHornet and Reach x 2 - Four winners -> delbet2467, lovlyb, figmentz and LissieBess
    Premium Saturday - WaterHornet and Reach x 2 - Three winners -> tiger_lily5, Yazmine6788 and GITTE2001
    Super Set Sunday - The SimCareLine x 2 and Reach x 2 - Four winners -> QTBrniis, lay1010, MariTomKaulitZ and Karendrae
    Surprise Monday - The SimCareLine and Reach - Two winners -> LadyEmillye and blacerdamuller

Gold World - The SimCareLine - Winner -> kitkat8828
    Runner-up - Reach -> seagull-simmer

Week Four Sponsors -> Winners - September 22 - 28

Venue Tuesday
    - The SimCareLine, WaterHornet and Reach x 3 - Five Winners -> Spawn000000, Evenstar606, SjappielovePaul, Teanias and pinkieposh
    CAS Wednesday - despina53, Ceea and Reach - Three winners -> AMofOz, Lizzie1234 and blacerdamuller
    Builder Thursday - KaytayRoall and Reach x 2 - Three winners -> Heledriel, AriyAriy and FoxyLovesKitty
    World Friday - Friday027 and WaterHornet and Reach x 2 - Four winners -> HausOfSuper, ellabrodey9, JoeJoe11 and p99g
    Premium Saturday - WaterHornet and Reach x 2 - Three winners -> themarvelspider, Cabelle1863 and Franny
    Super Set Sunday - The SimCareLine and Reach - Two winners -> Bubbles_19 and lovlyb
    Surprise Monday - The SimCareLine and Reach - Two winners -> LadyEmillye and Readalot1

Gold World - The SimCareLine - Winner -> EvaKouk
    Runner-up - Reach -> pri4321

Week Five Sponsors -> Winners - September 29 - October 05

Venue Tuesday
    - The SimCareLine, WaterHornet and Reach - Three winners -> Yazmine6788, pinkieposh and shayleajay
    CAS Wednesday - SjappielovePaul and Ceea - Two winners -> Franny and VioletHorse
    Builder Thursday - KaytayRoall and Ceea - Two winners -> Hello83433 and izaap
    World Friday - WaterHornet and Reach - Two winners -> ladydarkmoon24 and bps3
    Premium Saturday - WaterHornet and Bubbles_19 - Two winners -> FoxyLovesKitty and MermaidInWonderlan
    Super Set Sunday - Reach - Winner -> Jensimgirl
    Surprise Monday - Reach - Winner -> Anfoxxy

Gold World - Reach - Winner -> fairygirl7
    Runner-up - Reach -> lay1010

Week Six Sponsors -> Winners - October 06 - 12

Venue Tuesday
    - WaterHornet - Winner -> ellabrodey9
    CAS Wednesday - DarkVampKiss - Winner -> ApparentlyAwesome
    Builder Thursday - KaytayRoall - Winner -> LissieBess
    World Friday - despina53 - Winner -> pri4321
    Premium Saturday - Ceea - Winner -> SteveKareha
    Super Set Sunday - WaterHornet - Winner -> cristill13
    Surprise Monday - Jaceigh - Winner -> themarvelspider

Gold World - Reach - Winner -> Bubbles_19

Week Seven Sponsors -> Winners - October 13 - 19

Venue Tuesday
    - WaterHornet - Winner -> duyguugudur
    CAS Wednesday - Jaceigh - Winner -> VioletHorse
    Bonus prize - 23kels89 - Winner -> maria_loves_alex
    Builder Thursday - KaytayRoall - Winner -> Heledriel
    World Friday - WaterHornet - Winner -> rosey1579
    Premium Saturday - Jaceigh - Winner -> ErinaRox
    Bonus prize - 23kels89 - Winner -> daniellen18
    Super Set Sunday - despina53 - Winner -> pri4321
    Bonus prizes - Reach - Winners -> lay1010 and cristill13
    Surprise Monday - Reach - Winner -> LadyEmillye
    Bonus prizes - Reach - Winner -> Anfoxxy

Gold World - Reach - Winner -> Lizzie1234
    Runner-up - Reach - Winner -> Siiiiiiiiiimss3

Week Eight Sponsors -> Winners - October 20 - 26

Venue Tuesday
    - WaterHornet and Reach - Two winners -> figmentz and JoeJoe11
    CAS Wednesday - Jaceigh - Winner -> AMofOz
    Bonus prizes - Ceea - Two winners -> cmbaker16 and Franny
    Builder Thursday - KaytayRoall - Winner -> EvaKouk
    Bonus prize - Ceea - Winner -> Okblondee7
    World Friday - WaterHornet and Reach - Two winners -> tiger_lily5 and fairygirl7
    Premium Saturday - Jaceigh and Reach - Two winners -> GITTE2001 and Letchy15
    Bonus prizes - Ceea - Two winners -> ErinaRox and SteveKareha
    Super Set Sunday - despina53 - Winner -> Ceea
    Bonus prize - Reach - Winner -> MariTomKaulitZ
    Surprise Monday - Reach - Winner -> Franny

Gold World - Reach - Winner -> Okblondee7
    Runner-up - Reach - Winner -> shaliny1997

Final Week Sponsors -> Winners - October 27 - 30

Venue Tuesday
    - WaterHornet x 2 and Reach x 2 - Four winners -> Karendrae, GREENEYA, ellabrodey9 and StephSteb
    CAS Wednesday - Jaceigh x 3 - Three winners -> AMofOz, shayleajay, ApparentlyAwesome
    Builder Thursday - KaytayRoall x 3 - Three winners -> SjappielovePaul, Hello83433 and tiger_lily5
    Bonus prize - SjappielovePaul - Winner -> Anfoxxy
    World Friday
    - WaterHornet x 2 and Reach x 2 - Four winners -> PolarPhantom, p99g, JoeJoe11, and Jensimgirl

Lots of :cookie::cookie::cookie: for our generous sponsors for their generosity in sponsoring this lottery...

The SimCareLine, Friday027, KaytayRoall, despina53, WaterHornet, 23kels89, Ceea, SjappielovePaul, Bubbles_19, DarkVampKiss and Jaceigh

Note: If Aurora Skies is chosen, the world and venue ship separately, to save on shipping costs. Worlds are really heavy. (Seriously, these are cheaper purchased separately so they are shipped separately if this world is the winner's choice.)
    Post edited by Reachsims on
    edited October 2015
    Tuesday - Venue

Concluded

edited October 2015
    Wednesday - CAS objects - ≈500 SimPoints

Concluded

edited October 2015
    Thursday - Building items - ≈500 SimPoints

Concluded

edited October 2015
    Friday - a standard World

Lizzie1234
    Lizzie1234 (two entries here)
    shaliny1997
    izaap
    bps3
    fairygirl7
    Runzu
    ellabrodey9
    ellabrodey9 (two entries here)
    rosey1579
    figmentz
    Bubbles_19
    Teanias
    ErinaRox
    ErinaRox (two entries here)
    GITTE2001
    delbet2467
    delbet2467
    delbet2467 (three entries here)
    jensimgirl
    lovlyb
    Karendrae (nominated by Shayleajay)
    p99g
    Karendrae
    JoeJoe11
    JoeJoe11 (two entries here)
    ladydarkmoon24
    pri4321
    fairygirl7 (nominated by Evakouk)
    fairygirl7 (nominated by Evakouk x2)
    PolarPhantom
    PolarPhantom
    PolarPhantom (three entries here)

edited October 2015
    Saturday - a Premium object - not to exceed the 500-600 SimPoint range

Concluded

edited October 2015
    Sunday - any Set in the 1000-2000 SimPoint range

Concluded
    edited October 2015
    Monday - something/or a set in the 200 - 1000 SimPoint range

Concluded

edited October 2015
    Bonus Round :3 - A Gold World - Drawings on September 7, 14, 21, 28 and October 5, 12, 19 and 26 - Everyone is automatically entered in this round. The winner will choose who should get the prize if the winner has no need of said prize.

Concluded

edited October 2015
    A just in case post.... kind of like a mulligan? ;)

Directory of Entrants

Note: This is an alphabetical list of everyone who has posted an entry, entered for themselves, nominated others, were nominated by others or all three. If any changes need to be made for further weeks, this is where to find your original post.

23kels89
    AlphaFen
    AMofOZ
    Anfoxxy
    ApparentlyAwesome
    Aziza34
    blacerdamuller
    bps3
    Bubbles_19 - Sims 3 username is Mysha178
    Cabelle1863
    Ceea
    cmbaker16
    cristill13
    daniellen18
    DarkVampKiss
    debbycanty
    delbet2467
    duyguugudur
    ellabrodey9
    ErinaRox
    EvaKouk
    fairygirl7
    figmentz
    FoxyLovesKitty
    Franny - Sims 3 username is XxEquestrian95xX
    GITTE2001
    GREENEYA
    HausOfSuper - Sims 3 username is osupermegabom
    HBSIMSTER
    Heledriel
    Hello83433
    izaap
    jensimgirl
    JoeJoe11
    Karendrae
    kitkat8828
    ladydarkmoon24
    LadyEmillye
    lay1010
    Letchy15
    LissieBess
    Lizzie1234
    lovlyb
    maria_loves_alex
    MariTomKaulitZ
    MegaMauricio - Sims 3 username is Bluebomber21
    mothersuperior2
    Okblondee7
    p99g
    pinkieposh
    PolarPhantom
    pri4321
    rionismyname
    rosey1579
    runzu
    shaliny1997
    shayleajay
    Siiiiiiiiiimss3
    SjappielovePaul - Sims 3 username is SjappieloveHans
    StephSteb
    SteveKareha - nominated by mothersuperior2, Sims 3 username is PinguinoGamer94
    Teanias
    themarvelspider
    tiger_lily5
    Tumelonc123 - nominated by WaterHornet
    VioletHorse
    WaterHornet
    Yazmine6788

Updated to this post
  • mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    edited September 2015
    Great idea Reach! Thanks for hosting. B) Let's see if I can get this right ...

If I win, I'll nominate later.
    Tuesday, Weds, and Sat please.

Let me know if I've messed it up!
    Where's @Teegers Contest thread these days? B)

Edited to include nominees.
    As requested, I'll nominate now:
    Tues: Spawn000000
    Weds: cmbaker16
    Sat: SteveKareha - wishlist PinguinoGamer94

Please let me know if this needs changing. I'll edit the OP. Great contest. B)
    Post edited by mothersuperior2 on
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
    Like I said, @mothersuperior2, I have not thought of every contingency but I think that this will work and I will add now your entries. Good luck!
  • lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited September 2015
    Such a wonderful idea! So lovely :3 but I wouldn't expect any less from your lovely self :)
    Week 1 Tuesday, Friday and Sunday
    Week 2 Tuesday, Friday and Friday
    Post edited by lizzielilyy on
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Thanks Reach. What's a Mulligan? :)
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    Can I enter all on Friday, please?
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    I'd like to enter myself for Thursday, Sunday and Monday. Thank you :)
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    Wonderful idea !!! :D
    Can I enter myself for Tuesday, Sunday and Monday. :)
    Thanks Reach. What's a Mulligan? :)

Well, if someone in the family golfs, in a casual (with family or friends) game a mulligan is an extra stroke allowed after a poor shot, not counted on the scorecard. It's a throw-away shot, no one holds against the score. So, I was requesting a possible mulligan since this whole lottery concept was a once-in-a-blue-moon idea for me. I don't generally ponder over a new idea for days. Sometimes, an idea hits like a lightening bolt and I just run with it. I ran with this idea because I just like the fairness of it and lotteries are fun.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    This is awesome! Such a nice thing of you to do! :smiley:

I definitely want to participate, so I'd like to sign myself up for:

Entry One: on Tuesday
    Entry Two: on Friday
    Entry Three: on Sunday

I didn't realize how close we were to September. Which means we're closing in on my three favorite holidays in countdown order starting with Halloween. This year has moved quickly!
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • ohmyglobguysohmyglobguys Posts: 346 Member
    This is a super fun and cute idea! And obviously all kinds of generous (per usual ;p)

If I could enter myself on Tuesday, Sunday, and Monday. Please and thank you!

The realization of September coming that soon is getting to me, lol. It means I'll be throwing myself into my studies harder and more often. :'( Waaaah! Less Simmin'
    tumblr_n1hktrsv5i1skyr7eo1_500.gif

My wishlist: MeanMasterJay
    My Top 5
  • AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    edited October 2015
    Sounds great, I'll enter myself for Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.

UPDATED:

ENTRY ONE: Myself - Tuesday
    ENTRY TWO: Myself - Wednesday
    ENTRY THREE: Myself - Sunday
    Post edited by AMofOz on
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
  • FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    I have questions~!
    The three chances are for all of the two weeks, correct? And the second week would be the same with the days~? :)
    Very cute and generous game! I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun! Thank you for doing this~ I can't wait for it to begin :D
    Yes, the three chances are for all of the games for two weeks unless you change them for the second week. The second week remains the same as the first week unless you request a change for the second week. I can't wait to begin either!!!
  • FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    Cool @Reachsims !
    I'm going over on the things I have in the store in order to see what day I should enter :)
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    edited October 2015
    What a great idea!
    Entry week 1 & 2:
    friday, sunday and monday :)

Entry week 3 & 4:
    tuesday, thursday and sunday

Entry week 5:
    I have withdrawn myself

Entry week 8:
    Wednesday; @AMofOz
    Thursday and sunday; myself
    Post edited by SjappielovePaul on
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top