Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Australian World - Version 1.0 Uploaded

13...Next

Comments

• Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Has anyone play-tested my latest world, and are you having problems with saves corrupting? I can load it fine. Save it fine, but as soon as I go to load the save it's greyed out. I did check that it loaded ok after changing the world ID but maybe I didn't check if it would save, because I had no idea this could happen :cold_sweat:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Has anyone play-tested my latest world, and are you having problems with saves corrupting? I can load it fine. Save it fine, but as soon as I go to load the save it's greyed out. I did check that it loaded ok after changing the world ID but maybe I didn't check if it would save, because I had no idea this could happen :cold_sweat:

I haven't checked yet but I will try for you tomorrow honey. Try not to panic, I'm sure you'll get it sorted :)
    Thanks sparkfairy1 <3 The version right before I changed the World ID worked just fine, but reuploading things to the exchange is such a pain and I had to engage in shenanigans to make it work. If the problem is not just with my game then I feel horrible about stuffing people around :( And I will probably just stick the working version up on mediafire. I can't take the stress :confounded:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I wish I had time to test this for you tonight, but I have to get to bed soon. Tomorrow I am driving my Mom to the next town to get some work on her truck done and we have to leave early! So not sure I can get to it tomorrow, either. I have some other pressing things to attend to after we get back. But I'm sure it will all get sorted out soon. Try not to get too stressed out over it. You are awesome and everything is a learning experience. :) :hugs:
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    Thanks @HappySimmer3 :blush:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I was curious so I loaded up the file and played for about a Sim week, adding a few homes and businesses to see what it may do. I noticed the homes being populated and the animals starting to show up. I saved and exited and gave it a couple minutes and logged back on again to see if the save could be loaded. The message indicates that "...It may have been saved with an expansion pack that is no longer present on this system." I hope that helps.
    I was curious so I loaded up the file and played for about a Sim week, adding a few homes and businesses to see what it may do. I noticed the homes being populated and the animals starting to show up. I saved and exited and gave it a couple minutes and logged back on again to see if the save could be loaded. The message indicates that "...It may have been saved with an expansion pack that is no longer present on this system." I hope that helps.

That's the same darn message I get. Even if I just go in, load a household, save and quit. Thank you so much for confirming that it isn't just at my end :tired_face: I'm so sorry. I still have a good version, the exchange just won't let me upload it. I will try and sort something out ASAP.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    Okay, it's up on my tumblr. Again, I am so sorry for uploading a broken world. I feel horrible about it.
    http://frogprincessq4.tumblr.com/post/132904573041/great-southern-land

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    edited November 2015
    I wish I could remember exactly what the story was, but I have this vague memory of Ruthless uploading one of her worlds with a 1.0 in the name and people were having the same problem. It has something to do with binary files and computer languages and that kind of thing. When it tries to read the save is when the translation problems occur.

I know that doesn't really answer your question and maybe it's not the problem you're having but I suspect it might be. I don't know why it's not better explained anywhere, especially in EA's own CAW guide.

You probably also already know that you can't upload files with the same name, even if you delete one of them. In the past a lot of CAW creators uploaded their beta files elsewhere and saved the Exchange for the final versions. But you could call them betaone, betatwo, etc.

I wish I could remember exactly what the story was, but I have this vague memory of Ruthless uploading one of her worlds with a 1.0 in the name and people were having the same problem. It has something to do with binary files and computer languages and that kind of thing. When it tries to read the save is when the translation problems occur.

I know that doesn't really answer your question and maybe it's not the problem you're having but I suspect it might be. I don't know why it's not better explained anywhere, especially in EA's own CAW guide.

You probably also already know that you can't upload files with the same name, even if you delete one of them. In the past a lot of CAW creators uploaded their beta files elsewhere and saved the Exchange for the final versions. But you could call them betaone, betatwo, etc.

Not being able to upload the same world in varying versions was a big surprise and it's probably as good a reason as any for me to not try uploading to the exchange again right now. In a few months I may go back to the world (or I might not), it's certainly not 100% impossible at this stage. I am burnt out and in pain right now and I need the break, which is as much why I uploaded as because of its stage of completion.

I really appreciate you giving me a possible explanation for the problem, I felt like I was going a bit insane, because it made no sense and I couldn't find any answers :confused:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    Well the only way to know if this was the problem would be to export the world with another name and test it. But I totally understand the burnout. Very sorry to hear you're also in pain, and I hope you are feeling better soon!

Well the only way to know if this was the problem would be to export the world with another name and test it. But I totally understand the burnout. Very sorry to hear you're also in pain, and I hope you are feeling better soon!

It's a chronic thing, but such intensive hours wrapped up in CAW has my hands rather more painful than usual, so I'm minimising the strain on them atm :)

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    @Frogprincess_q it definitely sounds like a break is in order!

BTW, I asked some players I know (who have better memories and/or more experience in CAW than I do) and it was the period in the title that was the problem, not the number. So now you know. :)

• mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Wooot! I can't wait to try this out, I've had it bookmarked for ages :) Thank you @Frogprincess_q!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Hey...I played today with the beta version and it is working fine, saved and quit and all was well when I restarted. Many thanks @Frogprincess_q for making this lovely world and uploading it. It is good to know @HappySimmer3 about the period if and when I ever finish any or all of the worlds in my head. :)
    @Frogprincess_q it definitely sounds like a break is in order!

BTW, I asked some players I know (who have better memories and/or more experience in CAW than I do) and it was the period in the title that was the problem, not the number. So now you know. :)

Yes, I noticed that in some locations it is 1.0 and others it is just 10 so I thought it would be the period that was the problem. Thank you again for that info, it's surprisingly reassuring to know what the problem is :)

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg