The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does Sims 4 suport dual gpus?

I want to buy a second gtx 960 and I was wondering if Sims 4 supports using two graphics cards. Does anyone happen to know?
hhHD2XB.png
My tumblr - A world of clutter and color

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited August 2015
    I know the sims 3 doesn't. We had this discussion in the sims 3 forum. I think it was @chesterbigbird that had mentioned a lot of games dont support dual but ask chester since they game a lot.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited August 2015
    I don't think so. I believe not many games support crossfire/SLI if I am not mistaken.

Notfiying some experts...
    @chesterbigbird
    @phoebebebe13

EDIT: Come to think of it, Crossfire is supported in a little bit more games if I am not mistaken, since Crossfire gives you a wider range of GPUs to crossfire than SLI.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Keeping my fingers crossed, but I also doubt it does, sadly.
    hhHD2XB.png
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    I want to buy a second gtx 960 and I was wondering if Sims 4 supports using two graphics cards. Does anyone happen to know?
    The game probably wouldn't support it to well.. if at all.
    Allot of game do not have good support for SLI, also remember it will add extra heat to your case.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

edited August 2015
    are you only playing the sims games? If so you only need 1 960 card for 1080p. If your looking to game in 4k than you would need to replace your 960. You need like a 980 ti for 4k
    are you only playing the sims games? If so you only need 1 960 card for 1080p. If your looking to game in 4k than you would need to replace your 960. You need like a 980 ti for 4k
    Agree,
    Considering most games don't have good support for sli.. 960 would struggle with 4K.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

I need 4gb of vram and it would be cheaper than buying the 970 and nop, I don't game in 4k. But I do play other games other than Sims.

I'm having a weird frame rate drop sometimes, but I'm fairly sure that's just my cc, as i tend to load my lots with it.

Was just wondering if Sims 4 could benefit from this feature as well.
    hhHD2XB.png
    edited August 2015
    I need 4gb of vram and it would be cheaper than buying the 970 and nop, I don't game in 4k. But I do play other games other than Sims.

I'm having a weird frame rate drop sometimes, but I'm fairly sure that's just my cc, as i tend to load my lots with it.

VRAM doesn't stack when I learned about it.

You would need to get a card that has 4GB.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500362

You could get get 370 and it has 4GB VRAM... At a cheap price.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202152

The only game I know that uses just under 4gb of V ram is GTA V. The sims does not need 4gb vram. My son has a 960 4gb but he plays GTA V

The patch before last caused a lot of serious FPS drops for higher end rigs both desktop and laptop. My laptop was even effected. I reported to GURU and they were checking into the issue. No fix yet.
    Yes i was telling Colton the other day.. Vram does not stack. So if you got another 960 then you still only have 2GB of vram.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

Gosh darn it, I needed it for gta actually. Plus I'm fairly certain new games releasing might also benefit from having 4. I guess I'll just have to get the 970 instead. Thanks for the replies!
    hhHD2XB.png
    Gosh darn it, I needed it for gta actually. Plus I'm fairly certain new games releasing might also benefit from having 4. I guess I'll just have to get the 970 instead. Thanks for the replies!
    Thing to remember is, Vram is only good for games that will use it, And whats most important is the overall speed of the card, such as clock speeds and memory clock.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

For GTA V you need a 4gb vram 960 or higher card. If our going for a 970 try the Evga @chesterbigbird has. Its about equal to a 980 card
    edited August 2015

You could go with a 380 if you are on tight on cash...
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202149

Here is a EVGA GTX 970:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487090

EDIT: Listed wrong card for NVidia.
    Thing to remember is, Vram is only good for games that will use it, And whats most important is the overall speed of the card, such as clock speeds and memory clock.
    Yup, I'm just annoyed because I literally just got the 960 a few months back thinking I would never need 4gb of vram, especially since I couldn't find that version here. There are plenty of benefits in upgrading, not just for vram, I'm just upset because mine is so new still. But oh well, my mistake I guess.
    hhHD2XB.png
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

Yup, I'm just annoyed because I literally just got the 960 a few months back thinking I would never need 4gb of vram, especially since I couldn't find that version here. There are plenty of benefits in upgrading, not just for vram, I'm just upset because mine is so new still. But oh well, my mistake I guess.
    Always get the best you can afford at the time, good thing about desktops is easy to upgrade :)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

I have the MSI and it runs basically everything I throw at it.

Isn't the white one better by the way?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127833

Since it has a higher core clock than the red.
    I'm so upset with myself, lol! I feel like I should just wait for the next series instead. When I got it, had to squeeze in the ssd, it's why I skipped the 970.
    hhHD2XB.png
    I found a card that has a higher core clock...
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500372

It's a Zotac.

@chesterbigbird @phoebebebe13
    The thing is, I don't think it's worth buying for me. The Newegg prices are nice, but in Denmark it's about 150 dollars more due to taxes. That's why I'm just considering waiting for now, since a 970 here is around 500 dollars.
    hhHD2XB.png
    edited August 2015
    It is up to you. :)

There is a huge possibility that AMD could take the GPU crown away from NVidia since they finally reached to NVidia's level with the Fury X. I am very intrigued and interested to see who wins the next round (Arctic Islands [AMD] vs. Pascal [NVidia]). Rooting for AMD. B)
    edited August 2015
    @colton147147 up to op what card they want and what will fit in their case, what their power supply is etc . The zotac has good reviews but ask chester.
    The thing is, I don't think it's worth buying for me. The Newegg prices are nice, but in Denmark it's about 150 dollars more due to taxes. That's why I'm just considering waiting for now, since a 970 here is around 500 dollars.
    Lol i totally understand.. My 970 cost $520 (im in Australia.)
    You can play GTA v On lower settings, the AA (anti aliasing) is probably something you would want to turn down.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

if it's more money for you wait until it goes down in price. I would just be careful with GTA. My son's 960 4gb runs the game fine but with no mods. You would probably have to play at lower settings with 2gb of vram and I would not add mods. You need a higher card for that