Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IT HAS A SPECIFIC FORUM?

2...Next

Comments

• emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    Just to add to my above comment. Adults - If you want the extra bits, you can have them. Just Google for the huge bills some Parents have faced and are facing.

Most devices allow users to restrict access to IAPs or block them completely – it is parents who do not install these measures who are at risk.

Under current rules, after users have entered their password to buy a product, there is a 15-minute window during which they need not supply their password again when making further purchases. It means if a parent downloads an app and then lets their child use that app immediately, the child can make as many in-app purchases as they like for the next 15 minutes before being prompted for the password again.

It is easy to see why companies are introducing IAPs in their apps. Analysts Gartner forecasts that in-app purchases will drive 41% of app store revenues by 2016, well up on the 10% contribution to revenues made by IAPs in 2012.

Justine Roberts, founder of Mumsnet, said: "It's all too easy for our children to get s-u-c-k-e-d into games and, before you know it, they've racked up huge costs buying coins, berries and doughnuts. You do need to keep an eye on your child's device settings and to keep your password for purchases private at all costs."

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/jan/12/parents-children-in-app-purchases

Got P-L-U-M-B-E-D! Mumsnet using swearwords? Never! :D

Yes inapp purchases make some families bankrupt. But I'm saying they should let their kids make some inapp purchases but do it for them. Also, you can turn the 15-min window off or pick a different timing for it. Sorry I have a heavy focus on Apple here but they have family sharing which kinda helps with some of it. Keeping an eye on a kid is important. But don't make it feel intrusive. Keeping an eye on them thru online measures like family sharing without making it obvious and discussing the limits with them is an important step to being a responsible parent. Adults need to limit themselves too, kids aren't the only ones who get dragged into money drains (aka free apps).

I still love my pizza DVD image tho tht I found earlier.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I've only needed LP to make things end quicker so I can get the rewards for a quest. You can also make LP pretty easy. Takes time, but it's feasible. My biggest beef with FP is that it glitches so much.

So...why is there a forum? Was there enough interest? Also, most people I know IRL that play it don't play any other sims game.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Pallypoo wrote: »
    Basically a Sims game for free that has toddlers?

WHATWHATWHATWHATWHAT?

I think you only get one free, they keep wanting me to pay 4.99 for another one, or buy the LP gem things.

Edit* It is 3lp gems for a baby, then another 5lp for a cake to make it a toddler. You get LP when you lvl up, 1 each time. Or you can pay money for them.
    And you can just watch short videos and get them.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2015
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Jaysim88 wrote: »
    Its still a Sims game its only fitting the game has a place on the Sims forums. These forums are for all the games in the franchise not just the Sims 4.

Oh, really? Then where's the SimCity forum? It's a Sims game too. Oh, that's right that's not part of the Sims Franchise, and it's dead in the water, so it doesn't deserve its own forum...except that Sims Medieval and the Sims 2 also have their own little forums, so that excuse doesn't fly either.

The Sims Free-to-payPlay is NOT part of the Sims franchise. It's a mobile app, completely separate from this particular franchise. In fact, it plays more like The Sims 4, except it's set in real time, and, unlike the Sims 4, you have to pay real cash to buy the items you want in-game...like with most apps.

Basically, this is just another example of EA/Maxis trying to shove a game down our throats and hoping to shut the "we want toddlers" crowd up, so that they'll settle for only having toddlers in the Sims Free Play. In essence, the message here is:

"You want toddlers in The Sims? Well, come play this game on your tablet or cell phone!"
    I'm in level 15, I have two babies and bought all kind of things and I didn't have to spend real money so far. You played the game, is that joke ahead of me? If it is I'll quit.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Its still a Sims game its only fitting the game has a place on the Sims forums. These forums are for all the games in the franchise not just the Sims 4.

Oh, really? Then where's the SimCity forum? It's a Sims game too. Oh, that's right that's not part of the Sims Franchise, and it's dead in the water, so it doesn't deserve its own forum...except that Sims Medieval and the Sims 2 also have their own little forums, so that excuse doesn't fly either.

The Sims Free-to-payPlay is NOT part of the Sims franchise. It's a mobile app, completely separate from this particular franchise. In fact, it plays more like The Sims 4, except it's set in real time, and, unlike the Sims 4, you have to pay real cash to buy the items you want in-game...like with most apps.

Basically, this is just another example of EA/Maxis trying to shove a game down our throats and hoping to shut the "we want toddlers" crowd up, so that they'll settle for only having toddlers in the Sims Free Play. In essence, the message here is:

"You want toddlers in The Sims? Well, come play this game on your tablet or cell phone!"

Sim city I a city simulation the Sims is a life simulation. There completely separate franchises. I thought everyone knew that.
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member

Sim city I a city simulation the Sims is a life simulation. There completely separate franchises. I thought everyone knew that.

The Sims Free-play is about life simulation :unamused: ? It is a quest simulation for all I know, you can't do anything you want in this game.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    Does anyone here play it? lol.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
    Does anyone here play it? lol.

Used to but it is a HUGE MONEY GRAB so I couldn't continue playing :/

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I'm in level 15, I have two babies and bought all kind of things and I didn't have to spend real money so far. You played the game, is that joke ahead of me? If it is I'll quit.

I played it when it first came out. Back when you could get a free dog and a free car. Lost interest in it, tried it again, still didn't like it. I'm not doing it again...it's worse. No free dog, no free car.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Love this game
    Love this game

K? :confused:

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited September 2015
    Time to start building some venues then lol

I HAVE BUILT EVERYTHING!
    I'm back!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2015
    It is added to this site because they hope you will play and pay the game. Mobile is a separate entity but here it is on the PC site. Well, where is My Sims, then, and all those others?
    Like The Sims Pet Stories, The Sims Castaway, The Sims Life Stories. and let's not forget all the Console versions for the TS2 and TS3 which were very different games than for PC. Those should be here too, if we are going to share space with The Sims Free to Play.

It's a way to nudge you toward the mobile that is coming down the pike and when things are all grouped together people are more likely to buy one if not more games. In this case pay to play TSF2P. EA is on a kick to go all mobile eventually or at least keep branching out in that direction. And I suspect the next Sims' game will be a mobile app for the TS5. So, yeah, it's sneaky to put it on here with the PC series games.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It is added to this site because they hope you will play and pay the game. Mobile is a separate entity but here it is on the PC site. Well, where is My Sims, then, and all those others?
    Like The Sims Pet Stories, The Sims Castaway, The Sims Life Stories. and let's not forget all the Console versions for the TS2 and TS3 which were very different games than for PC. Those should be here too, if we are going to share space with The Sims Free to Play.

It's a way to nudge you toward the mobile that is coming down the pike and when things are all grouped together people are more likely to buy one if not more games. In this case pay to play TSF2P. EA is on a kick to go all mobile eventually or at least keep branching out in that direction. And I suspect the next Sims' game will be a mobile app for the TS5. So, yeah, it's sneaky to put it on here with the PC series games.

True ^^^^^^^^^^^

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    I guess The Powers That Be think we are too unintelligent to figure that out.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I agree with you that they want to attract new players. I guess the reason all the other versions you mentioned are not here because new content is no longer being produced.
    I posted this on another thread, but I think it's appropriate here:

http://on.aol.com/video/eas-peter-moore-says-free-to-play-is-inevitable-517402004

It seems that EA is moving toward more Free-to-Play. I guess this is why Free Play's getting all the love.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    edited September 2015
    I posted this on another thread, but I think it's appropriate here:

http://on.aol.com/video/eas-peter-moore-says-free-to-play-is-inevitable-517402004

It seems that EA is moving toward more Free-to-Play. I guess this is why Free Play's getting all the love.

Screw him, we pay for full games and enjoy them not $1,000 to access all parts of the game. What does he know about entertainment :expressionless:

Oh and AAA games dying LOL :') he really needs to be better at marketing.....

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?