Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IT HAS A SPECIFIC FORUM?

WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
This game is taking over the franchise! First, it has a specfic TADDLERZ update for the sake of the game and now it has a forum?brace-yourself-the-7cd2qg.jpg
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

• Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    yes, i think you're right

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Birdmom3Birdmom3 Posts: 135 Member
    Most of the community prefers The Sims 3 anyway, so I think The Sims 3 might take over.
  • Options
    CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
    Basically a Sims game for free that has toddlers?

WHATWHATWHATWHATWHAT?
    I'm back!
  • Options

WHATWHATWHATWHATWHAT?

Yes :rage:

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    This game is taking over the franchise! First, it has a specfic TADDLERZ update for the sake of the game and now it has a forum?brace-yourself-the-7cd2qg.jpg

Toddlers came out 3 years ago FYI.
    I'm back!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    It is free to download but EA makes loads of money from people buying new stuff for it. You have to buy a crib for a baby etc.

Make sure children don't have the means to purchase stuff by themselves as you might have a nasty surprise.
  • Options

Toddlers came out 3 years ago FYI.

FYI, I said update, they had an update specfically for TADDLERZ to expand on them :expressionless:

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Its still a Sims game its only fitting the game has a place on the Sims forums. These forums are for all the games in the franchise not just the Sims 4.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    It is free to download but EA makes loads of money from people buying new stuff for it. You have to buy a crib for a baby etc.

Make sure children don't have the means to purchase stuff by themselves as you might have a nasty surprise.
    I have two cribs in the game without using real money, I bought them with the money my sims earned ;) As soon as they're going to force me to pay it's game over. Apart from that I do absolutely agree with you about children that shouldn't be able to purchase by themselves.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I have two cribs in the game without using real money, I bought them with the money my sims earned ;) As soon as they're going to force me to pay it's game over. Apart from that I do absolutely agree with you about children that shouldn't be able to purchase by themselves.

I have 3 million simoleons!
    I'm back!
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    It's kinda sad that freeplay is above The Sims 3 in the main page of the forums.
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    It's kinda sad that freeplay is above The Sims 3 in the main page of the forums.

Agreed
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I have 3 million simoleons!
    Time to start building some venues then lol
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Maybe because they're still working on Freeplay? Sims 3 has ended in their perception.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    Lol! Freeplay! Lol!
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Birdmom3 wrote: »
    Most of the community prefers The Sims 3 anyway, so I think The Sims 3 might take over.

Not gonna hit the disagree button, that'd be wrong cos you probably don't know a pattern in franchises.
    A old game doesn't come bac to replace a new game. Sims 3 is the old game that had its chance to shine and now it's the turn of sims 4. The same happens with every franchise. It's not about the community, it's about the business.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options

I was gonna give you a like... Until I read the last bit.
    Not only kids use apps. Some adults do too. Admit it, kids aren't the only ones making inapp purchases.
    Limits are easy to add and there's tons of ways you can limit how much they spend.
    If I had kids (I probably never will) I would let them spend some money on digital purchases but not too much. I'm not tight like some people and believe you shouldn't limit kids. You shouldn't limit adults. Teach them digital purchases are ok and just becuz it's virtual doesn't mean it lacks value. If they want an inapp purchase and you can afford it, I honestly see no reason why not.
    I see parents who see no value in digital purchases are old-fashioned and tight, they need to get used to 2015, it's not 1910 anymore so live with it and deal with it people. Digital has value!
    I like digital copies of video games but that's another topic.
    Just to lighten this up a little look at this disc drive:
    f_183fcee153.jpg
    feKqkxf.jpg

• Options
    emmaning wrote: »

Not only kids use apps. Some adults do too. Admit it, kids aren't the only ones making inapp purchases.
    Limits are easy to add and there's tons of ways you can limit how much they spend.
    If I had kids (I probably never will) I would let them spend some money on digital purchases but not too much. I'm not tight like some people and believe you shouldn't limit kids. You shouldn't limit adults. Teach them digital purchases are ok and just becuz it's virtual doesn't mean it lacks value. If they want an inapp purchase and you can afford it, I honestly see no reason why not.
    I see parents who see no value in digital purchases are old-fashioned and tight, they need to get used to 2015, it's not 1910 anymore so live with it and deal with it people. Digital has value!
    f_183fcee153.jpg

LOL, he didn't say nothing he just said that kids may buy so many stuff. They are kids and less aware of how much they could spend. Simple as that, he didn't say only kids buy from apps :p

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    edited August 2015

WHATWHATWHATWHATWHAT?

I think you only get one free, they keep wanting me to pay 4.99 for another one, or buy the LP gem things.

Edit* It is 3lp gems for a baby, then another 5lp for a cake to make it a toddler. You get LP when you lvl up, 1 each time. Or you can pay money for them.

My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Jaysim88 wrote: »
    Its still a Sims game its only fitting the game has a place on the Sims forums. These forums are for all the games in the franchise not just the Sims 4.

Oh, really? Then where's the SimCity forum? It's a Sims game too. Oh, that's right that's not part of the Sims Franchise, and it's dead in the water, so it doesn't deserve its own forum...except that Sims Medieval and the Sims 2 also have their own little forums, so that excuse doesn't fly either.

The Sims Free-to-payPlay is NOT part of the Sims franchise. It's a mobile app, completely separate from this particular franchise. In fact, it plays more like The Sims 4, except it's set in real time, and, unlike the Sims 4, you have to pay real cash to buy the items you want in-game...like with most apps.

Basically, this is just another example of EA/Maxis trying to shove a game down our throats and hoping to shut the "we want toddlers" crowd up, so that they'll settle for only having toddlers in the Sims Free Play. In essence, the message here is:

"You want toddlers in The Sims? Well, come play this game on your tablet or cell phone!"

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2015
    Just to add to my above comment. Adults - If you want the extra bits, you can have them. Just Google for the huge bills some Parents have faced and are facing.

Most devices allow users to restrict access to IAPs or block them completely – it is parents who do not install these measures who are at risk.

Under current rules, after users have entered their password to buy a product, there is a 15-minute window during which they need not supply their password again when making further purchases. It means if a parent downloads an app and then lets their child use that app immediately, the child can make as many in-app purchases as they like for the next 15 minutes before being prompted for the password again.

It is easy to see why companies are introducing IAPs in their apps. Analysts Gartner forecasts that in-app purchases will drive 41% of app store revenues by 2016, well up on the 10% contribution to revenues made by IAPs in 2012.

Justine Roberts, founder of Mumsnet, said: "It's all too easy for our children to get s-u-c-k-e-d into games and, before you know it, they've racked up huge costs buying coins, berries and doughnuts. You do need to keep an eye on your child's device settings and to keep your password for purchases private at all costs."

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/jan/12/parents-children-in-app-purchases

Got P-L-U-M-B-E-D! Mumsnet using swearwords? Never! :D
  • Options
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Jaysim88 wrote: »

Oh, really? Then where's the SimCity forum? It's a Sims game too. Oh, that's right that's not part of the Sims Franchise, and it's dead in the water, so it doesn't deserve its own forum...except that Sims Medieval and the Sims 2 also have their own little forums, so that excuse doesn't fly either.

The Sims Free-to-payPlay is NOT part of the Sims franchise. It's a mobile app, completely separate from this particular franchise. In fact, it plays more like The Sims 4, except it's set in real time, and, unlike the Sims 4, you have to pay real cash to buy the items you want in-game...like with most apps.

Basically, this is just another example of EA/Maxis trying to shove a game down our throats and hoping to shut the "we want toddlers" crowd up, so that they'll settle for only having toddlers in the Sims Free Play. In essence, the message here is:

"You want toddlers in The Sims? Well, come play this game on your tablet or cell phone!"

^^^^ True DAT!

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    I am hoping that the LOLs are at the meme not the thread :/

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    FREEPLAY HAS A FORUM?!

"You need 5 life points to progress to the next page of this thread." will be next.
  • Options
    emmaning wrote: »

f_183fcee153.jpg

LOL, he didn't say nothing he just said that kids may buy so many stuff. They are kids and less aware of how much they could spend. Simple as that, he didn't say only kids buy from apps :p

I know he didn't but he said they shouldn't be allowed to be anything. Sorry about the pizza disc but I'm gonna be using tht meme lots more in future...
    f_183fcee153.jpg
    feKqkxf.jpg