Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any way to gain LPs?

Other than paying, levelling up and hobbies, are there more ways to gain LPs?
I'm back!

Comments

• Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    There used to be occasional LPs for completing the weekly tasks.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Watch video's is a great way. When you open the screen to see what your assignments are there sometimes is a little pop-up in the left corner at the top. The video's are short and there are about five to six in a row. You can earn several things by watching them and one of them is LP's.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Oh, and I forgot the goddess statue on the island. If you've finished that you get free LPs twice a week.
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Oh, and I forgot the goddess statue on the island. If you've finished that you get free LPs twice a week.
    How do you unlock the island task? I cant find it, might not be the right level.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Jaysim88 wrote: »
    How do you unlock the island task? I cant find it, might not be the right level.
    So far I'm under the impression the tasks come in a strict order. You have to go through them in order to get to following tasks.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    How far do you have to level the goddess statue thing?
  • Options
    CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
    hihi122122 wrote: »

I remembered unlocking it when I was on Lv. 35.

So basically pay LPs to gain LPs? Sounds like an EA practice integrated into an EA game!
    I'm back!
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    hihi122122 wrote: »

I remembered unlocking it when I was on Lv. 35.

Well that's going to take forever. I've got it at level 5 and haven't gotten the gold resource in the last 10 trades.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

@Jaysim88, check here for info on how to unlock the mysterious island quest.
    https://thegirlwhogames.wordpress.com/2014/02/17/the-sims-freeplay-the-mysterious-island-quest/
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member

@Jaysim88, check here for info on how to unlock the mysterious island quest.
    https://thegirlwhogames.wordpress.com/2014/02/17/the-sims-freeplay-the-mysterious-island-quest/

Thanks x
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    If you have the party boat you can add friends. Once a day you will get rewards and sometimes you will get LPs. You can add me on Game Center if you like. My Game Center ID is RealtorJo. I am at level 55 and have a house with all of the social activities. It is at the top next to the bridge and has a flat roof.

As I was going through the levels I relied heavily upon The Girl Who Games. She has done an awesome job of providing a walk through for each of the Quests and hints on how to earn LPs and make them stretch. Here is a link to her blog: https://thegirlwhogames.wordpress.com/my-player-information/the-sims-freeplay/

I have been playing for about a year now and have spent a grand total of $1.99 USD for a pool cleaner. That was all and I only bought it because I probably didn't complete some quest in time to get it free and having dirty pools is no good. I figure that much of an investment vs the $1000+ I have paid to play Sims through the Sims 4 was well worth it. Everything else I obtained by completing the quests and yes, in the beginning, the time thing made me a little crazy. But once you figure out how to manage it, it becomes a bit better.

Also, make sure you complete the Weekly Tasks and don't cash in until you get 10 keys. Yes - this is 10 weeks worth... But you will get a lot of money, LPs and SPs.
    Sims FreePlay is a completely different game than the PC versions. It really is completely task oriented and not a sandbox game with any stretch of the imagination. But for a "Free" game to fool with when you are not able to get on the PC, it kills the time nicely and gives me my sims fix. If you want more out of it, then you will not like it at all.

You can have your ipad up while you sit through loading screens in TS2 and TS4 and saves in TS3 and play Sims FreePlay.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    If you have the party boat you can add friends. Once a day you will get rewards and sometimes you will get LPs. You can add me on Game Center if you like. My Game Center ID is RealtorJo. I am at level 55 and have a house with all of the social activities. It is at the top next to the bridge and has a flat roof.

As I was going through the levels I relied heavily upon The Girl Who Games. She has done an awesome job of providing a walk through for each of the Quests and hints on how to earn LPs and make them stretch. Here is a link to her blog: https://thegirlwhogames.wordpress.com/my-player-information/the-sims-freeplay/

I have been playing for about a year now and have spent a grand total of $1.99 USD for a pool cleaner. That was all and I only bought it because I probably didn't complete some quest in time to get it free and having dirty pools is no good. I figure that much of an investment vs the $1000+ I have paid to play Sims through the Sims 4 was well worth it. Everything else I obtained by completing the quests and yes, in the beginning, the time thing made me a little crazy. But once you figure out how to manage it, it becomes a bit better.

Also, make sure you complete the Weekly Tasks and don't cash in until you get 10 keys. Yes - this is 10 weeks worth... But you will get a lot of money, LPs and SPs.
    Sims FreePlay is a completely different game than the PC versions. It really is completely task oriented and not a sandbox game with any stretch of the imagination. But for a "Free" game to fool with when you are not able to get on the PC, it kills the time nicely and gives me my sims fix. If you want more out of it, then you will not like it at all.

You can have your ipad up while you sit through loading screens in TS2 and TS4 and saves in TS3 and play Sims FreePlay.

Wow, great post and thanks for the tips. I am at level 32 and my game is a bit stagnant. If you don't mind, can I message you separately on here? I'd like to ask you a few questions regarding life orbs and strategy, however, don't want to be disrespectful to the OP with any topics outside of gaining LP's.
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I just saw your comment. Sorry but yes you can message me. I will bookmark the thread. :)
  • Options
    Readalot1Readalot1 Posts: 338 Member
    Once you build the competition center, you can enter sims with skills in the competitions. They'll be in there for 24 hours, and of course you'll lose out on the money from the work/gardening they could have done, but if your sims' skills are high enough the LP rewards for the competition center are good.
    I'm a real girl now! I have a signature!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Thank You Thread here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Pets! But they always don't give LP's.
  • Options
    JaneDoughJaneDough Posts: 3 New Member
    edited October 2015
    Here is a good link for making LPs /thegirlwhogames.wordpress.com/2015/01/14/the-sims-freeplay-how-do-i-have-so-many-lps/

Sorry for not making it a link. This stupid fourm will still not let me.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited October 2015
    -Cats and dogs can find them while out and about
    -You earn some when you complete 75% of the weekly tasks
    -You earn some when you open the mystery box
    -You earn some when your town reaches a new value level
    -You can earn some by collecting gifts from having neighbors
    -You earn some when you level up
    Post edited by aws200 on
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    drewnevadrewneva Posts: 1 New Member
    I get a lot of life points cooking and diving
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Watch video's is a great way. When you open the screen to see what your assignments are there sometimes is a little pop-up in the left corner at the top. The video's are short and there are about five to six in a row. You can earn several things by watching them and one of them is LP's.

Yes I can manage to get up to 15 of those videos in 24 hours and collect 3 Lp each day doing it :)

Its great because I want to collect the Xmas build and buy items you need those points for to buy
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

:astonished: omg, I did not know that. I skip over all ads :D I guess as soon as my kindle recharges I know what I am doing!