Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection load screens

SZ5061SZ5061 Posts: 29 Member
This question is really for those who have a nice gaming PC. I was wondering how long the loading screens are for you guys. I currently have a 2010 Macbook and each load screen takes about 2 minutes and sometimes a little longer, but actual game play on high settings runs smoothly. I was just wondering if the loading screens are quicker if you have a a quad core, and 8GB+ of RAM, and an intense graphics card, or no matter what the loading screens take that long. Also note I use no CC.

Comments

• mau_greenmau_green Posts: 139 Member
    The loading screens usually take about 30s for me and i do not have a gaming pc. The first time loading was a NIGHTMARE. It took about 2 hours to load the town but now they charge up quickly.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    My loading screens take around 3-4 minutes to complete. BUT, I do have a ridiculous amount of cc so that's the cause. Without cc my loading screens are like 20 seconds.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • mau_greenmau_green Posts: 139 Member
    I am currently trying to get cc >.< I NEED ME SOME CC
  • SZ5061SZ5061 Posts: 29 Member
    Well that's good news for me then when I get a better computer! @Mau_green try Mod The Sims
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    It takes about 2-3 minutes for me, too.

I also have over 2GBs of CC. :blush:
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2015
    2 Minutes isn't all that bad. Imagine the load times before TS3 and 4. Now most people can run the game with just a basic laptop (to an extent) but some still have really outdated computers that struggle with this game.

50 seconds- Start up the game
    14 seconds- Load Pleasantview
    25 seconds- Load a save

Desktop:
    • 3GB of CC
    • Intel Core i7 -4790k 4.0GHz
    • 8GB RAM
    • GeForce GTX 980
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    The main load-screen takes the longest, probably like 4-5 mins. I have a TON of CC but the game itself runs sooo smoothly. The neighborhood load screens though, load in about 30 seconds. Compared to TS3 which would take at least 10 mins to start a game
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    For me:
    On 32-bit: Some minutes.
    On 64-bit: Some seconds.
  • SMunr0SMunr0 Posts: 19 New Member
    Like around 10-30 seconds. That game is fast on new computers. But I'm guessing it varies with all the people saying it takes them a matter of minutes. I also don't bother with custom content which apparently makes a difference.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I have a Macbook Pro 2013. It only takes around a minute to load up my game and a few seconds on loading screens. I only have 10 items or so of CC. With previous computers, it took so long to load up and deal with the loading screens, I used to walk away and do something else. When I first got this computer, I made my husband laugh because I said I didn't have time to go get a drink.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    Been on a download spree and yep it takes a couple minutes.
  • JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    Just a couple seconds, and I have custom content.
  • ashleyrenee210ashleyrenee210 Posts: 187 Member
    I only have one piece of custom content and an HP laptop with Windows 10, and its definitely not a gaming laptop and it takes about a minute for each of the load screens. Not as long as it used to when I first had the game on my Windows XP desktop that took forever!
    Twitter: ashleyrenee210
    Tumblr: panicitsashleyatthedisco
    Origin: ashleyrenee210
    PSN: ashleyrenee210
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    My load time is around a minute to 90 seconds. I have approx. 3G of CC the last time I checked.
  • JermanJerman Posts: 128 Member
    edited September 2015
    The only time I have an issue with the loading screens is when all the townies are being created when I create a new neighborhood (the "Creating Pets/Weather/Exotic Destinations/Hobbies/Magic screens"). Which take about 5 minutes, which is quite annoying when I'm testing terrains I made in SC4.
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    About 10 seconds.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    For me it takes about 5 to 10 seconds, but that's without cc, with cc it takes about 15 to 20 seconds. Not too bad since i'm used to it :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • FuzzySlippersFuzzySlippers Posts: 81 Member
    Maybe a minute per load screen. The only one I find takes a longer bit are the ones when you first create a subworld, but they're usually only a minute more.
  • UltraviolenxeUltraviolenxe Posts: 96 Member
    I have lots of cc and the loading screens are only 2 minutes max. Sims 2 runs great in general.