Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Home Schooling?

Would anyone be interested in a home school addition? You could have desks for kids and/or teens, erase boards, wall art, you could use the drawing desk and science table and the stay at home mom/dad could be their teacher. Then, simmers who want the school experience will have home schooling, which is becoming more popular these days anyway.

Comments

• Options
    plenilunesplenilunes Posts: 296 Member
    It's a nice idea!
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Yes I approve of this idea.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes, it would be nice. I still want a school EP to have all the different types of schools in it. It could even have military and magic schools in it. So home schooling could fit in it nicely too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Since I was homeschooled, I would love that for my sims as well. :)
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I have recently thought about this and how it would add much-needed child gameplay. It could work like the yoga mat. A whiteboard type of item with a large footprint and special desk objects placed within that footprint would be activated, just like normal yoga mats with the instructor one. Then our stay-at-home parents could spend more time with their children since a lot of the careers have wonky hours!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I just want a school active "career" EP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Since I was homeschooled, I would love that for my sims as well. :)

Me too
    Story_Banner.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd like homeschooling in the game, but I'd also like it to be flexible, not to impose school-like homeschooling. Part of what RL homeschooling allows is having no set scheduling, having a shorter schoolday, and having nontraditional learning methods and subject organizations. I'd like to have a school active career with a home-based option that's more flexible than the school-based one.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    paramournparamourn Posts: 375 Member
    I homeschool and I would love to have this in the game.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    homeschooling would be an awesome addition to the game. you could permanently drive off all your annoying neighbors from ever visiting you by talking about the intricacies of homeschooling and how much better homeschooling is for your children and get into heated arguments about how you're not damaging your children because they're never socialized and that they are definitely NOT weird and creepy.

i would love to be able to have old timey school marm clothes and old timey school house desks and etc. so much awesome sauce... aaaaaawesome saaaaauce!!!

h86300b7e.jpg
  • Options
    fkasimsfkasims Posts: 50 Member
    This seems like a fun idea that wouldn't bore me after 5 minutes
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    I like that idea

but it need to not have the rpg and "you have to do this" game play, it need the freedom of homeschooling.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    I like this idea, I'd like to extend it beyond just homeschooling though and have both traditional and non-traditional schooling.
    Also; bring back private school for our gifted / rich sims (and add in an option for sims to brag about their child being in said private school) and add in military school for those rebellious teens.
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    YES!!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    Might I just ask... do people even still get home schooling? Because in here at least, that is not a thing since about 20 years ago. Some people have internet classes but it's something really rare. :p
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Might I just ask... do people even still get home schooling? Because in here at least, that is not a thing since about 20 years ago.Some people have internet classes but it's something really rare. :p
    I did homeschooling in junior high and high school, partially at least. High school I would take a class or two on campus, then the rest of my classes an instructor would come by my house or coffee shops. It was a great thing to have when I would get muscle spasms for eight hours non-stop. I did take some internet courses in college. Keyboarding online class was one of the best classes I took.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    All I´m really interested is a mod that prevents school performance from decreasing for certain sims of my choosing, like FlexiSchool did in TS2.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    omg, a homeschool-style hogwarts would be awesome sauce. aaaaaawesome saaaaaauce!!! with homeschooled little witches and warlocks... or force sensitive baby jedi... cuz that'd be fun. yoda sim i could become... fun that would be.

294040.jpg
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I just want a school active "career" EP.
    Great idea! Not an off the lot teacher career but an active career like we got with GTW.

• Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    No way.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Might I just ask... do people even still get home schooling? Because in here at least, that is not a thing since about 20 years ago. Some people have internet classes but it's something really rare. :p

My son's best friend and all his siblings were homeschooled up until high school. (Some of them aren't in high school yet.) A friend of mine is homeschooling all her kids (and that's a lot of kids), and is part of a group of local homeschooling families.

One of my kids is homeschooling for high school. Some of her home-schooled high-school-level age peers that she knows of are homeschooling for health reasons, others because they are involved in artistic or sports careers that make regular school hours not work, others because their families are travelling.

So yeah, it's a real thing. Statistically, in North America, it's on the increase.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Oh yes they do lol

Me and many other people
    Story_Banner.png
  • Options
    JadeIredaleJadeIredale Posts: 96 Member
    Yes, I would love to try this on Sims!
    iqkbd3.jpg
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    It would add a nice option to the game. Think the interactive blackboard was a nice idea. Would really like to be very free since one person perhaps would like to focus on science and someone else perhaps on arts or reading.

There is so much you could do with an interactive blackboard if you can place children's tables or regular tables infront of it. My writer sim could have a weekend class for the teens, there could be a gardening class on one weekend. I could get a lot of storytelling out of that.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I try and use every trick I can find to keep my kids/teens off school - vacation days, hacking grades, calling in fake sick, writing excuse notes, etc. Works pretty well, with them attending maybe only 3 days a week, sometimes less.

I make them do their homework + extra when at home, so when they do go they get a big performance bump with maybe another vacation day thrown in :) Also, performance doesn't drop when not at school using one of these methods.

I also use Granite Falls to create my own 'schools' where I can skill up groups of sims by using mentor sims I have created. By using GF I don't need to worry about dealing with the daily school dodge.

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top