Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why TS4 Seasons May Never Happen...

08_11_15_6_45pm_by_rvu-d95zcfw.png

The floating storm drains would only catch so much rain and everyone would get flooded!
giphy.gif

MilesEdgeworthBow.gif
I'll be here all night! (At least until 6:00 a.m.)

Comments

• pythonpunkgirlpythonpunkgirl Posts: 240 Member
    The joke was bad, but since you added Tom Hiddleston I couldn't help but like your post.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    haha, How did you notice that?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    @pythonpunkgirl It was either him or Pinkie-Pie.
    9b01340a9a5889e6e225ff879bc25851.gif

@MasonGamer I thought about trying to get a low-angle street image for a future image, but got low enough to see that disappear.
  • pythonpunkgirlpythonpunkgirl Posts: 240 Member
    I think you made the right choice *swoon*
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Such beautiful design work.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    How would weather work? Would it snow in all your "worlds" or could each "world" be set to a different season?
    edited August 2015
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    How would weather work? Would it snow in all your "worlds" or could each "world" be set to a different season?

I think each world should have it's own default seasonal Settings, and then the player can go ahead and customize each world, and make it weird as they want. Like Snow in Oasis Springs even though it's a desert.

Like it will be the same season everywhere, but each world, by default, would have their own weather.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    The only way I can see them do weather is make new hoods which will have weather look year round - like in Sims 1. The regular towns/hoods had no weather - just the vacation spots. We had winter lodge, Summer beaches. and Fall camping. But the rest of all the world had no weather but what we have now. The back drops are pictures that are not changable.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    *Rushes in to defend* Those, those are special drains and, and the water just whooshes under it!
    egTcBMc.png
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    The only way I can see them do weather is make new hoods which will have weather look year round - like in Sims 1. The regular towns/hoods had no weather - just the vacation spots. We had winter lodge, Summer beaches. and Fall camping. But the rest of all the world had no weather but what we have now. The back drops are pictures that are not changable.

It's possible they could make the entire world seem somewhat connected. like in one neighborhood it could be the middle of a thunder storm and if you traveled to another neighborhood, it could still be a thunder storm or just cloudy, and if you went to a neighborhood on the other side of the map it could be partly cloudy and you could see a thunder head in the back drop that could blow closer or further away until it dissipates.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm sure they will do seasons. but that survey said summer and winter right? I was hoping for autumn the most....
    egTcBMc.png
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    *Rushes in to defend* Those, those are special drains and, and the water just whooshes under it!

The ironic part was that this shot was in the river area where Johnny Zest originally lives.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    Everyone knows if there is rain in The Sims games, the rain just disappears magically when it hits the ground. :tongue:
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    Everyone knows if there is rain in The Sims games, the rain just disappears magically when it hits the ground. :tongue:

Knowing the differences between TS4 and the rest of the series, the rain would only appear on the lot and wouldn't make it to the ground.
  • DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    How are they going to add weather???? The backdrops are pictures, not actual 3D objects. Even the clouds are fake, they don't float above the sims, they are just part of an fx circle that surrounds the neighborhood.
    Tkbrz.jpg
    xXHqT.jpg
    rj4vj.jpg
    daQUX.jpg
    Cmto7.jpg
    q3AY8.jpg

Are they going to re-draw each picture for every season? I doubt it... I don't think we're going to get any seasons with the sims 4. :(
  • DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    Here's a better view of the neighborhood, it's only a section with 5 lots though.

9CPcY.jpg
    jUHb2.jpg

That's the reason they don't release a lot of worlds. For each world, they have to create 5 of this bunches of land for every neighborhood. That's why we don't have an open world, each neighborhood is not connected to the others at all. I highly doubt they're going to re-draw every section of all the worlds they've created in order to add weather.
    edited August 2015
    I agree @DyingLight, but it shouldn't be hard to apply new tones and shades, as well as regular weather conditions to those backdrops. Give proper artists and modders some time and you can see white caps on those mountains quickly.

Edit: Oops, meant to add a not for overall purpose.
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    I'll miss trick-or-treating in an Open World. Loading lot to lot would be plum. If it should make a return, which with THIS game... I would not want to see.
    OJGRGDT.gif