The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC Default Replacement Eyes Not Working

mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
Hey all!
I've tried everything to get this to work and it's not happening. I can put in non-default eyes no problem; they'll show up and I can choose them and do my thing and everything is great. But I can never get default replacement eyes to work. I am positive that I have no other default eye replacements, as the eyes that appear are purely Maxis eyes. All other CC works as intended. I just can't get default eye replacements to work! Does ANYONE know why this may be?

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    Hello.
    Is it just one particular default replacement eyes that is not showing up, or when you try different types none of them appear? Perhaps try different varieties and see if any of them appear. Also, perhaps go back to where you downloaded them from and see if other simmers have had similar issues. There may have been new updated versions since the last patches.
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    It's any and all default eye replacements.
    Does anyone have any ideas at all? Anything?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Well the last patch had fixed an issue with eyes so I believe the creators of default eyes need to update those defaults to the present patch level and check as surely the devs recoded something in the eyes. Even though it was just for male eyes - it still might have affected defaults of all eyes. You might want to tell the creators but just to be sure - it might help if you first have some other simmers who use defaults to see if they are also having issues before you post to the creators just to make sure it is the patch and not something within your own game. But I would think it is most likely because of the eye update in the new patch.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Well the last patch had fixed an issue with eyes so I believe the creators of default eyes need to update those defaults to the present patch level and check as surely the devs recoded something in the eyes. Even though it was just for male eyes - it still might have affected defaults of all eyes. You might want to tell the creators but just to be sure - it might help if you first have some other simmers who use defaults to see if they are also having issues before you post to the creators just to make sure it is the patch and not something within your own game. But I would think it is most likely because of the eye update in the new patch.
    Thank you for your response! My only reply is that this issue was going on well before this most recent patch. Since the veeery beginning when defaults were a thing, for whatever reason, I can never get them to work. Out of *sheer curiosity*, you DO install them the same way that you install non-defaults, right?
    Yes, you install default eyes the same way as non default.

You would have done this, but I will post it just in case. If you have subfolders in your mods folder, you need to edit the resource.cfg file so as the game recognises the cc. This link explains how to edit the resource.cfg file.
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=53164
    Just in case you have placed the default eyes in a folder, and the game isn't recognising, I thought I would post about it.
  • KeeKee Posts: 34 Member
    does anyone have the same problem with the defualt cc eyes at the moment where two don't work when it used to work before?
    Kee wrote: »
    does anyone have the same problem with the defualt cc eyes at the moment where two don't work when it used to work before?

Hello
    The default cc eyes may have been broken by a patch. Try going back to where you downloaded the cc eyes from, and see if an updated version of the cc has been released.
  • turqu0iseturqu0ise Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I have a problem with my cc default working only on other ages except toddlers. I’m not sure why it’s doing that but, before when I got the cc it worked and then later on it stops appearing on the eye colors for my toddlers. Also, the original default eye colors isn’t there also.

Other people have the same cc default eyes has me and it’s perfectly working fine for them except me.
  • shelby_fizzyshelby_fizzy Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello,

So I just realized an issue with my cc eyes. They come up perfectly in CAS, but when I go out of CAS, they don't show up on my sim. The eyes just go back to a sims 4 set of eyes. And I don't know why that is happening. I have tried taking those eyes out of my game, deleting them from the mods folder, and then putting them back in. But that didn't work.