Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Isla Paradiso Fixes?

I hope I'm spelling that right.

I post a lot of threads and should probably slow down a bit. But I'm not going to because I have yet another question. :)

So everyone knows about how the world that came with Island Paradise is a laggy mess. The world is beautiful though and I do want to play a bit with the kraken, the dive lots, the hidden islands or whatever they're called. I found a fix for the world on modthesims, (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=514909), and cannot figure out how I'm supposed to download it.

So if anyone knows how, I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out here. I am not at all experienced with this kind of stuff so I'll probably need a lot of explanation and maybe some links to some good tutorials. In fact, the fix from modthesims had a few links in the description, but there are a few missing pieces to them because they're mentioning things that I should I guess know how to do... but I don't. Also, if you've found a fix from somewhere else you like more, I'd be happy to hear of it and see which fix is best. If there's even a winner, I guess they're probably pretty close to the same. And if there are mods that can help, sure I'll look into them.

I'll mention I do know how to install .package files and .sims3packs into my game, and have some experience with mods. I also have 7-zip or whatever its name is. But this world seems to be installed much differently from the other stuff.

So again... help?
Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    You can get the entire world file from ellacharmed's Wordpress site here: https://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/2013/10/05/isla-paradiso/ Click on the link to the Google drive location. That will save you the trouble of putting together a multi-part rar file.

As for installation: you need to put the world file in the same place an the original. Instructions are on MTS. As I recall, the instructions seem complex because they make sure you back up everything properly. It really comes down to finding the right folder and renaming files (changing the extension). Alternatively you could make a backup folder somewhere and use folder names to signify which IslaParadiso.world file is the original and which is ellacharmed's fixed version.

If you have any specific questions I could try to help, but I don't think I can explain it better than the instructions on MTS. Ok, I just went and checked, and the instructions page has changed; it's much better than when I did this for other worlds.

You might also want to check out this thread.

I have IP, but haven't gotten around to using any of those suggestions. I also have ellacharmed's fixed version, but I don't think I've installed it yet. I do use ellacharmed's fixed versions of other worlds.
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2015
    Thanks for posting that OP. I stumbled across this surfing a while back on this simmer's blogsite. But forgot to bookmark it and couldn't remember this gifted world builder's name :D

In case anyone runs into issues with the MTS d/l link, there is another going via Google drive :)

https://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/2013/10/05/isla-paradiso/

And all her other fixed worlds are here:

https://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/category/world-fixes-2/

edit: bookmarked both sites now B) And it also helps to read the posters above you first
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    I copied and pasted this from BlueSpaarkle's post found here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770922/very-bad-lag-in-isla-paradiso-all-of-a-sudden

You need to delete houses of the households below:

Icatcha
    Scott
    Los Amigos
    Medina

If it still lags, then remove those houses as well:

The Romantic
    The Prince

Just delete those houses and move sims living in them somewhere else. Or just delete the sims as well.

==========================

I have tried this fix myself and it worked for me. Ellacharmed's fix I tried beforehand and it made no difference in my experience so I'm glad I stumbled upon that topic and the information above.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    For me, Ellacharmed's fixes for glitches on the World Lot (roads, sidewalks, etc.) were helpful but not so much the problem residential lots and the port where the Scott houseboat can be found in the beginning. Those all turned out to be mostly hopeless and did need to be bulldozed.

Other things that help, along with Ellacharmed's world and getting rid of those lots:
    -- NRaas Overwatch, ErrorTrap, and Register for various reasons, but especially to take care of abandoned boats and the spawning of hundreds to thousands of unnecessary resort workers
    -- Disallow wild horses (Register) as they tend to get stuck in ridiculous places and the game goes nuts trying to reroute them
    -- Use a testingcheatsenabled command to lift the fog on hidden islands. I didn't have to do this while playing in Isla, but others have reported that it helped them; maybe I was just lucky or wasn't there long enough to see the problem.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I applied the fixes listed HERE at Ella's site, but I don't use her fixed world. Even these fixes helped reduce lag by 90% in my Isla Paradiso.
    Using the mods Igazor mentioned above also help a thousandfold, especially the horses. I don't know what EA was thinking with those. They get everywhere. A friend of mine had an adult and baby horse spawn in his kitchen once, for petes sake. I find it best to just mod animals completely out of the game, except for minor pets.

I've also been finding snippets of tips about which houses to move or delete in IP and saving them to a text. I'll post them here too.
    To highlight two VERY easy fixes:

Remove the house the medina family lives in.
    Remove the house the Amigos live in.
    You can move the sims in both families to other houses, they are ok.

Do NOT delete these premade sim. Move them all in other houses, but do NOT DELETE

If your lag is the result of sims getting stuck this should improve things a lot.

I fixed front doors and lot fronts of all the lots. ( a lot of the the houses had their front door set inside the house! (example the house where the Collins live and the Adobe Abode)

In a lot of the houses, the toilets were in front of the showers/baths, so they were unroutable. ( the houseboat where Rubisel Ichtaca lives)

Also put some rocks where all the npc's got stuck near the premium port.

IP Houses to Delete

Icatcha
    Scott
    Los Amigos
    Medina

If it still lags, then remove those houses as well:

The Romantic
    The Prince
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    Thank you! I think I'll try just deleting a few homes first. My game runs very smoothly and so far I haven't had much trouble with Island Paradise, but I haven't played more than a sim day. Deleting the homes seems most simple, but if I still have lagging problems I'll definitely check out those fixes. And might still have questions, I don't know, we'll see.
    Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I don't delete any houses, just all the houseboats (but the one I want to play and the ones I leave on problem ports and make No Visitors Allowed). I do move everyone to a house on land.

I like to redo homes and turn the bathtub around normally, set the front door, and just get rid of the problem areas (like the stacked spiral stairs and the stairs to the fountain in the park).

It's a wonderful world and I love playing there without any lag.

I do remove the resort towers for the two expensive resorts and things that spawn NPCs.

I also give all the townies cars and boats to cut down on taxis spawning.

• Arose_08Arose_08 Posts: 23 Member
    Thank you so much for all the suggestions it has really helped my game, I just can't believe EA released a world with so many issues and they haven't even tried to fix the world themselves. Thankfully we have great people in the community who take hours out of their spare time to realise a fixed world.
  • EbermamaEbermama Posts: 4 New Member
    I found it's mainly just the houseboats having a routing issue. You don't have to delete the sims from the town. You can simply evict from the houseboats and move them into landbound houses. I recommend deleting houseboats altogether unless you have the active household in one. Otherwise the townies will keep buying them and moving back in causing the lag to come back.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Thanks for adding that @Ebermama

We'll lock the thread from here to limit necroposting. Thanks.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top