Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does every single sim child in my household...

end up reading the pregnancy books?

Is it because one of the parents is Family-Oriented? I had the household buy every single comic book in the game, and still the most preferred books to read are the pregnancy books and Murder in Pleasantview. I don't get it. Is there no sex ed in sim school?

Comments

• MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    I don't know why they all read the pregnancy books, but I do know there's an NRaas mod that keep Sims from rereading books (Once Read). Maybe if they can't reread the same 3 books, they'll move on to the comics.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    That gives me an idea. Maybe I should use MC to mark the pregnancy books as read for each child. I do have OnceRead, but that's only per sim.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited August 2015
    I don't think it's so weird for the children to be reading those books. Especially if they have younger siblings/are expecting more siblings.

What's strange is when my Sim invited her friend/boyfriend over, and more than once, he just started reading it. Like.... COOL YOUR JETS, haha.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2015
    Clearly these kids are just trying to understand EA's system of genetics better and learn why they look like they do. :)

I've recently had a couple of kids get read to from those books as bedtime stories. Maybe a good solution would be to put them in a bookcase that's locked away (edit: the books, not the kids) in an otherwise unused closet until a pregnant sim actually needs them?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    I just thought that over many games, often in households where I've stocked many, many books (like everything from one or more of the WA destinations) it never fails that many child sims gravitate to the pregnancy books.
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    > @igazor said:
    > Clearly these kids are just trying to understand EA's system of genetics better and learn why they look like they do. :)
    >
    > I've recently had a couple of kids get read to from those books as bedtime stories. Maybe a good solution would be to put them in a bookcase that's locked away (edit: the books, not the kids) in an otherwise unused closet until a pregnant sim actually needs them?

Or could you not just store them in the Sim's inventory? Then put them into the bookcase when needed...
    Or perhaps store them in a CC storage chest.