Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is not a rant about Get Together!

I'm just expressing my disinterest in this pack (I prefer to start with a married couple so this kind of thing doesn't appeal to me) and wondering: what do you guys think?
I'm just concerned that a walk-in closet is not only being advertised as a "key feature," but it also got almost 20 seconds of screentime in the trailer.

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    I will buy all content the Sims 4 offers no matter what... Because I am a Maxis fan. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    edited August 2015
    Fair enough :p anyone else?
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    I'm looking fwd to it. Going to let all my married sims expire and play some singles!
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm concerned too, @Twoeta_Bird. I'm not seeing much in this pack that interests me. There's supposed to be more info over the next month or so but at this point, I'm skipping the pack.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I think that this could be something that could honestly affect future EP's that people decide to get with the club system. I'm excited for it and want to see what sort of stories people could create with all these clubs that will start springing up everywhere. But also worried for the threads that will come up once people discover bugs in the pack.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    @Cabelle1863 (I'm not sure if that worked because it hasn't been working for me recently so I'm going to pray that you check your notifications) I love your signature by the way: "not a 'Party on Bro!' Single YA simulator." Those are my thoughts exactly, because in my experience, the bar and lounge venues don't seem to... how to I put it... work? They don't work, simply put. No one shows up, and the people that do come hog the bar and order billions of drinks that they then leave scattered everywhere.

I'm not a party person in the Sims games myself, so I'm disappointed that this is the next expansion pack they chose to do, although I have HEARD (from about a thousand people) that they HAD to do a party EP as the second one because Nightlife was the second expansion in Sims 2 or whatever. That doesn't make any sense to me personally because if they really were coming up with an order for their expansion packs then wouldn't Late Night for Sims 3 have been the second Sims 3 expansion? Also, that doesn't explain why GTW was the first one for TS4. So I'll take that with a grain of salt unless anyone has anything to back that up.

I play The Sims 4 for a life simulator, so I want pets! I know some people don't and that's fine, but in real life people don't get to spend their entire "young adult" stage hanging out at a bonfire. *cough cough University cough cough*

I'm also still concerned that this walk-in closet gets a whopping 18 seconds of screentime in the trailer...
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I'm buying it since I have room mates in my game.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    It worked, @Twoeta_Bird, I saw it in my notifications. :) I know exactly what you mean. The frustration I'm having with the game is that it feels to me to be very one-dimensional. I don't mind the single YA sim, I enjoy playing some of them. But now it's just too much. It's saturation overload for me. My enjoyment of a Life Simulator is when I can play a variety. Single sims, married sims, young, elderly, etc. Having a variety like that keeps me interested. My neighborhoods seem more "lifelike" if that makes sense. But when the developer focuses on one age & demographic to the exclusion of others, I don't enjoy it as much at all.

If Get Together had more real activities for sims of all ages, that might improve my impressions of the pack. Like board games for the family (or any group of sims really), giving the kids back the ability to play Tag, Mary-mack, Cops & Robbers, Red Hands. Dart boards and pool tables for the pubs. Karaoke! Real restaurants where a sim can take a date and perhaps propose (one of my favorite features of Sims 2). The features for this pack that they've shared with us so far are nice on their own, but it's further enforced my feeling that the game is dreadfully skewed to the single YA sim. That deeply concerns me, because the Sims seemed to originally pull together a HUGE variety of playstyles.

If they come out later on with more packs that round out the game better, I'll reconsider Get Together and possibly pick it up then. Right now, I'm not seeing a whole lot that says it's worth $40 of my game budget. So I'm going to go back to Sims 2 to get my simming enjoyment, perhaps even give Sims 3 another go (I like it, but it's kind of limiting on my rotational preferences).
  • Options
    @DeKay Well that makes sense, and that's exactly the kind of thing I've been saying. This appeals to some people, and doesn't appeal to others. I just wish they'd make an expansion pack that appeals to everyone, but that won't ever happen.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    @DeKay Well that makes sense, and that's exactly the kind of thing I've been saying. This appeals to some people, and doesn't appeal to others. I just wish they'd make an expansion pack that appeals to everyone, but that won't ever happen.

What would appeal to everyone?
  • Options
    @ponderberries I'm not sure what would appeal to everyone, and that's why I said it won't ever happen. I wasn't doubting the ability of EA or anything (although I do sometimes). I was saying that there is no way for there to be an expansion that appeals to everyone because no matter what it was, someone would make a stink about it.
  • Options
    @Cabelle1863 I definitely do understand what you're saying about it being skewed toward YAs. The Stuff Packs and Game Packs are either whole-family or teen and up, but the expansion packs are definitely meant for people who play with YAs, especially single ones. For example, in GTW, not only is it hard to control a family while participating in an active career, but you also have to be at least a young adult to participate in an active career, since none of the teen careers are active. While there is a lot of other content, the focus is on young adults, which is disappointing to me since I am definitely a family/legacy player, and my Sims don't typically stay young adults for very long.

If they're going to put this much focus on the young adult stage (don't get me wrong, it's an important stage), the other stages need to be fleshed out as well. We need to get things back from the Sims 3! I want the punishment system back, just for the realism, and on the opposite end of the spectrum, I want the Imaginary Friends back, because they're cute! I would love to be able to homeschool the kids or send them to private school, and I want school to be more involved so that they have to do projects and things at home! There's obviously more for kids but what about teenagers? Teenagers are my least favorite life stage! That's right, I like elders and babies better than teenagers! Teens are so boring: they have to go to school and do homework, they can have a part time job, and that's it. I mean, come on! And what about elders? Can't we put in knitting for Granny or something? I just feel like it's not fair to family players to have to wait a long time for a family-geared expansion pack.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm looking forward to the new club system unless they lied and it's actually really limiting and the new world, Withersburg.

I can't understand either why the walk-in closet would be a key feature for this EP. It just makes me wonder if once again they already showed us the bulk of the EP and that the phrase, "more will be revealed in October" is a lie.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    FabooshFaboosh Posts: 160 Member
    This clearly isn't what the majority wanted to the next Ep to be.I am baffled by the decision for them to try and pull in that demographic when it is pretty clear that is not who is buying the games! I am looking at the next Ep as something new from the team but I cannot help but wonder why this? With the feedback forum so many players have spoken passionately about what they want from anger to pleading with the team to make the changes they so desperately wanted! And to our knowledge those people are being ignored and I think they are defeated about the new Ep.It just seems like someone just let the air out of the balloon around here since the announcement! I am excited for something different for the game and I feel I need to contain my excitement about it out of respect for those so letdown but it is something I am looking very forward to :)
  • Options
    @Faboosh That sounded very well thought-out and rational so thank you ;) I am just as confused as to why they thought this was the best idea for the next expansion pack; while we are lacking in social interactions, we are equally or more so lacking in actual content and so I just feel that there are so many better options. I might even buy it myself IF I was not so disappointed in the way some people are being ignored by the team. I feel that the family players are a big group who have been speaking out for a while now and have been ignored. The last Ep was for adults/YAs, so now they should do something family-geared in my opinion. I'm really letdown and I will not be buying this Ep unless it turns out to be mind-blowingly amazing. I refuse to spend money on some new dance moves and a closet.
    However: if you're interested in it, it's okay! Those of us who aren't interested won't be offended that you are looking forward to it, so please don't feel like you have to "contain your excitement." This post wasn't supposed to just be a "BASH THE GET TOGETHER EP," I genuinely want to hear the opinions of others :)

@LoveMcQueen5683 I wouldn't be surprised if the club system didn't exactly work. I mean, the bars don't work either. I also fail to understand why the plum closet gets (I repeat) about *18 seconds* of screentime in the trailer. It does add 2 or 3 new interactions, yes. But it is not, and I repeat NOT, that exciting or important. If this is such a small Ep that they were using a closet to fill time, then this is a doomed pack indeed.
    Also, if you open up the official announce trailer and pause right at 0:07, you'll see a guy by a fountain. If you replace that yellow-vested guy with Gaston from Beauty & The Beast, you're smack dab in the middle of Fantasyland, my friends, because I swear I have a picture from Disneyworld somewhere in front of that same fountain and that same building.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I'm just expressing my disinterest in this pack (I prefer to start with a married couple so this kind of thing doesn't appeal to me) and wondering: what do you guys think?
    I'm just concerned that a walk-in closet is not only being advertised as a "key feature," but it also got almost 20 seconds of screentime in the trailer.

I love TS4 and this EP has killed my enthusiasm about the game. What frightens me even more is that this shallow EP might not be EA's worst. So far it is the worst from what we have seen but there might be future EPs that will be even worse. :/
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member

Married people still have a social life though, with friends, right?! ;) Seriously though, I get where you're coming from but I think this can still work even if you mainly play just married Sims - you could have husband and wife join the same club to make new friends; or you could create a bit of conflict by having them join different clubs that don't get along?! :D And if your couple have kids, then the kids can join clubs too. The game can be what you make it :)

I rarely play single Sims - I always like to pair them up and marry them off - but personally, I'm looking forward to the new social dynamics this sounds like it will bring to the game.
  • Options
    AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    Okay, so hear me out... I LIKE the stuff that the Get Together expansion is going to bring; DJ's (EDM is my life), new dance styles, cafes, clubs. HOWEVER. I think this expansion focuses TOO MUCH on what the base game was marketed on for me to be okay with paying that much for Get Together. It looks cool. Yes, despite my complaining and abstinence from packs until they add toddlers I'm probably going to buy Get Together. It offers too many things I love for me to look over it. I just think something like this could have come a couple years later.

I think your problem is understandable but not an end-all. Think about it. Closet woohoo or a playful romp behind those wooden doors? Great way to spice up a woohoo-life. Sims are always getting it on in their beds. Now, I'm not a crazy woohoo freak that likes to have all sims of all types get laid every night like the Sims team, but I hate neglecting my married sim's woohoo-life. I used to only have married sims woohoo when I wanted them to have a baby. That's not very realistic though. In real life, couples that love each other love to boink each other ; ) And what else is realistic about woohoo? Couples like to try to spice things up after a while (or like to be freaky and always try something new in the bedroom, but that's kind of hard to simulate in the Sims : P) So? Wardrobe-woohoo is the sexy spice of the Sims world~

And the clubs, cafes, and swimming holes are great for married couples! You could make a new household for the pack consisting of two spontaneous, young, newlywed sims who still want to live their lives while enjoying each other! Have them join clubs together, go on dates to these exotic towns and cafes, have them take a frisky dip in a pond after a lovely date night ; ) I think the pack would be great for you! You just have to think about all the new opportunities this pack will bring, and how you can successfully incorporate them into your play style.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I'll buy it, in 2020.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I am waiting to see what types of new venues and activities GT has to offer from what they share and reviews before I buy. So far it looks like "clubs can "get together" at the venues types we already have and that doesn't interest me in the slightest. Now if it has a bowling ally, movie theater, restaurants or enough of DIFFERENT venues types it will start to peek my interest. I know I have said long ago that I am bored with the Sims introvert living game style and need group activities but I am not spending my money on added game play for venues we already have provided for us. One can only make so many make shift lots and pretend so much before it gets boring. As it stands right now there just isn't enough things for one Sim to do let alone with a group. I have just been building since shortly after GW came out and that is starting to get a little boring as well. Been with The Sims since the beginning and TS4 is the first one I have became bored and lost interest in playing.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    joralydjoralyd Posts: 55 Member
    I'm disappointed and a bit mad to be honest, EA haven't listened at all :( it's been what... 11 months now?? and this is what we get.. :neutral:
    I took the pledge