March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Town Control

Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
edited August 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
The Sims 4: Town Control

Let us set up our towns!

I'm tired of seeing generated sims everywhere I go. I want the game to use MY sims for it's gardener, mail carrier, bar tenders, etc.

I think that we should have options to set our own sims as:

The local gardener
The mail carrier
The bartender at the local bar
The pizza delivery person
The Librarian (Do we have these? If not, we should, and they should shush people)
(If they aren't already, these jobs should be added to the game.)
Burglars should come back, and those of my sims in the criminal career should be the sims showing up to rob people.
Same for police officers etc.

How?

New build mode options for venues:
When creating a new space, like a bar for example in the required venue list we should also have a drop down to select who works there regardless of their mixology skill. This could be cool because you could have cafes and bars that have poor drink selections and terrible service (low skills on the sims who work their) and then some better venues with high skilled sims.
Sorry for the crude photoshop:
G3m7gNy.png

What about public spaces?

For public spaces, the drop down could be map-wide per world. So for example, for mail carriers, you could chose your sims to delivery the mail in newcrest, and a different sim in Oasis Springs, and another for Willow Creek. Same goes for gardeners and other map-wide sims like pizza delivery guys. (If these options are left blank, then the game would just generate a sim like normal. )

Venue rules
Let us also create the 'rules' for the venue, like groups that are coming out. For example, at a library there wont be groups of people talking and socializing. There will be more sims reading and researching.

I feel this could add another level of immersion to the town I think we're missing.

Thanks for reading. :)

Feel free to add your own ideas below.

Comments