Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

XQ Showcase. Latest: The Art of Charm

Comments

• XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    Thanks, @rosemow !
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited April 2018
    Well well well! Look who's back huh :smiley:

I saw you pop up on my gallery feed as you faved a creation, and I was 🐸🐸🐸🐸 near shocked. A lot has happened since I last saw you :blush:
    Glad to see you back and building again, even though the motivation maybe isn't there yet. haha. It'll come back.. and then you're stuck back in like the rest of us!

Strawberry Lane looks super cute :smile: Must be the soft pink color! And if I may say so, the build has your signature style all over it, so I don't think you've lost your touch over the last few months :wink:

Edit: Oh and yes.. I changed my forum name, but to make it easier kept my avatar. I used to be Laebeth. Now my forum name and OriginID is the same :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Hi, @Ninnster and thanks! And good to see you've got your identity issues sorted out. I see you've been pretty busy as well. The last couple of builds on your showcase thread were pretty impressive.
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @xinquin, your victorian house looks very pretty.
    Thanks, @illusie !
  • TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    Oooo I have not been here since forever! Got lots of catching up to do.
    dgvibNQ.png
    @TheDismalSimmer Not so much catching up to do: I've been away for quite a long time.

Happy New Year, by the way!
    Gallery link: Tudor Gables

gables01.jpg

There is a very interesting thing happening with the roof, which I learned from @NickSims . No, not the bidirectional timbering: that's actually a fairly mundane trick using two half-gables instead of one full gable. Look more closely.

Here's another exterior image that maybe shows it better. (Also check out @NickSims 's British Thatched Cottage, where I learned how to do it.)

gables03.jpg

More images below the spoiler tag!

gables02.jpg

gables04.jpg

gables11.jpg

gables12.jpg

gables21.jpg

gables22.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Tudor Gables is very nice Tudor style cottage home! :) The design of the roofing looks very great! It is a very pretty home. Very nice curved front porch for sims to enjoy playing chess or painting on the easel in the outdoors air. The roof covered front entryway looks great! Very nice backyard area for kids to have fun playing on the monkey bars, and for sims to enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes. The layout and furnishing of the interior of the home looks very nice. The yellow and brown colour scheme of the living area looks very nice. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the yellow sofa or armchair watching tv and having a drink from the globe bar. The pears picture complements well with the colour of the seating, and colour scheme. The patterned floor print adds a nice look to the room area. Very nice dining and kitchen nook. The teapot wall cabinet is a homely touch. The colourful circles floor print in the kids bedroom looks great and the teddy is cute!
    The home is very nice! :)
    Thanks, @rosemow ! I'm really quite pleased with this one.
    Gallery link: The White Elephant

It's a little odd that San Myshuno's Spice District, home of the spice festival, doesn't have a curry restaurant. So I decided to just throw one together and, well, maybe I got a little carried away.

WE02.jpg

Yeah. This thing inspired by the Taj Mahal and the intricate lace-like trim on Indian architecture was totally "just thrown together."

The story is that the owners of the Waterside Warbler have been hosting the Spice Festival for years, and finally had to admit the truth, that they're much more interested in spicy food than in sing-along entertainment. So, using the proceeds from running the Warbler, they tore it down and replaced it with their temple to all things curry.

WE07.jpg

And they haven't looked back since.

More images below the tag!

Ground floor: kitchen, main dining room, and bar.
    WE03.jpg

Upper floor: washrooms, private dining terrace, and bubble terrace.
    WE04.jpg

Shots of the main dining room:
    WE05.jpg
    WE06.jpg

The private dining terrace comes with a great view of the San Myshuno waterfront.
    WE08.jpg

There's a private terrace for bubble parties.
    WE09.jpg

And of course, there's the kitchen, where food magic is made. That jar of chilli peppers will be gone by nightfall.
    WE10.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    edited May 2018
    The exterior design of The White Elephant looks so very great! :) The dome roofing, towers and the architectural trimming on the top edges of the restaurant looks so very creatively nice! The large elephant water fountain in the front courtyard area is a special feature of the venue. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the restaurant! The two storey dining area looks very great! It looks very nice how the spandels have been used ! It looks nice the way that the dining tables and chairs have been set up in a circular way with another dining table and chairs in the middle area. The Indian patterned circular floor rug adds a nice look to the dining area, and the golden colour of the tables looks very nice. The candles are pretty touches in the table tops. Very nice private dining terrace! Sims will enjoy dining in the outdoors air and looking out at the views. The patterned floor print under the table is a very nice touch. It is great that there is a terrace for sims to enjoy using the bubbles machine. The plants are nice touches of green and nature on the terraces for sims to see when sitting there. Very nice furnishing of the kitchen. The floor tiling looks great and suits a restaurant.
    Sims will enjoy dining at the restaurant ! :)
    Thanks, @rosemow ! I really appreciate your positive feedback.
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,006 Member
    It's wonderful to see you back and building again and WOW your latest creations are amazing. I am in absolute awe of your White Elephant and all it's finery. The ornate and intricate details of the exterior are amazing and the interiors have just the right amount of colour to 'spice' it up. I would love to eat at this curry restaurant :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Thanks, @masajo ! It's great to be back!
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @Xinqun, The White Elephant looks amazing! <3
    Thanks, @illusie ! And thanks for dropping by!
  • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    I will take a look at the "white elephant" ingame - it looks stunning! And you totally nailed the indian-colonial architectural mixture. I love it!
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Both Strawberry Lanes and Tudor Gables are the cutest! Lovely exterior design and super homey interior design. And wow the architecture of The White Elephant is extraordinary, beautiful and faithful, all wrapped up in one! B) Amazing job on all of these, so glad to see you building again! :smile:
    Thanks, @jhgkjhgkjh , @Corwim ! Well spotted, that the White Elephant is more Indian-colonial than pure Indian. I'm quite pleased with both it and with Tudor Gables; but I must confess that as time goes by, I grow less pleased with Strawberry Lane. That one really needs more elaborate landscaping to work.
  • TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    Ooo very nice looking place you have there!
    dgvibNQ.png
    Thank you all so much, and thanks to @jhgkjhgkjh for the recommendation.
  • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    Yiu are welcome and congrats to the Maxis Fav! :)
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk