Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions Before I Start Complaining...

OK, I'm a bit bummed about the small amount of content but I need to know before I find out this may be mod related. Do the ice cream stay in the Sim's inventory until time to serve or can it go in the fridge? I can't move the ice cream to the fridge.

Next, I am having issues with the fading of the ice cream on counters. I have to play with the angles to get a picture of the ice cream without fading.
08-11-15_1-19nbspPM.png

Move the camera a little bit and this is what the ice cream looks like on the counter. Even if I zoom out, this is the way the ice cream looks.
08-11-15_1-19nbspPM-2.png
08-11-15_1-19nbspPM-3.png

Ok, that's it. Any response that helps is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.

Comments

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited August 2015
    Not sure about how the ice cream is fading and I don't have the pack. One of the reasons I decided to hold off on buying the pack was because I heard you could not put a carton of ice cream into the fridge. I thought that was RIDICULOUS.

• Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    As far as I know, ice cream cannot be stored in the fridge. I hope this is something they patch in. As for the fading, not sure.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Wait! They purposely made it that the ice cream will not go in the fridge? That is ridiculous. SMH
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    Wait! They purposely made it that the ice cream will not go in the fridge? That is ridiculous. SMH

Isn't it though...lol

• Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    Saw on twitter someone else was talking about the ice cream fading. Think it was Wee Albet
  • Options
    From what I read if you move the ice cream around it disappears. He was talking about it with a couple gurus.
  • Options
    Move the carton around or move your camera, the carton disappears for me. I was checking before I start looking at my mods.
  • Options
    RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    The ice cream won't go into the fridge so my Sim has to throw it away. Kind of a bummer.
  • Options
    typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    Sorry you're having issues with the pack Blewis. You'd think in a pack with just one new interactable item, they'd be able to get that one item to actually work properly. And not being able to put ice cream cartons in the fridge is just silly.

I think I'll pass on this one :P
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    The ice cream can't go in the fridge, but it can go in the bakery displays from GTW. It doesn't really make much sense seeing as how you can't just make a single serving for one sim. All that wasted ice cream!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    momboqueen wrote: »
    Saw on twitter someone else was talking about the ice cream fading. Think it was Wee Albet

Hope this is fixed.
  • Options
    It's a bummer because I hate to see things waste like that, in the game or IRL. Oh well, I'm taking it out the house and putting it in the parks. Geesh, when will I learn?
  • Options
    You could maybe ask him on twitter so he could clarify more. I don't have the pack so haven't tried tried anything. He also stated that he was unablt to move it off a coffee table..so had to delete the table,lol.
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Well that needs to be fixed ASAP along with being able to put the ice cream in the fridge. Both of those things shouldn't even be an issue! -_-
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    OMG, so first the black produce & now ice-cream glitches?
    SMH (I never learn...)
    So basically it's use it or lose it?
    How wasteful. :/

Time for my Sim to be the crash-test, Sim-item test dummy, again... :*
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited August 2015
    I thought you can put it in the fridge, but you have to serve it in bowls or cones first? You just can't put the carton in.

I'll let you know when download has finished.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

Hopefully they fix it quick for you guys. I'll wait and see, I like some CAS and buy mode stuff in it but I thought I'd wait, I'm happy I did.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    you have to place ice cream into either a bowl or in a cone, cancel the eat ice cream interaction(it has to vanish from the queue)and then you can place the bowl or cone in the fridge. Ice cream in quarts only last 7-8 hours after it is made, but the bowls in the fridge last 5 days and the cones last 4 days...my sim was only at level 2 of the cooking skill.
  • Options
    Thanks @will681, I will try that when I go in the game. Still it shouldn't become a breakdown in process when putting the carton in the fridge and having the option to get a bowl/cone should come up when you click it. *shrugs*
  • Options
    jegoodejegoode Posts: 267 Member
    will681 wrote: »
    you have to place ice cream into either a bowl or in a cone, cancel the eat ice cream interaction(it has to vanish from the queue)and then you can place the bowl or cone in the fridge. Ice cream in quarts only last 7-8 hours after it is made, but the bowls in the fridge last 5 days and the cones last 4 days...my sim was only at level 2 of the cooking skill.

Eh at least you can put the bowls & cones in the fridge...it doesn't make sense that you can't put the quarts in there too....T_T I'm still debating whether or not I should wait for a patch or just go ahead and purchase :-P
    Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
    YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/user/MJSimKat
    "Just Exquisitely Goode"
  • Options
    BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    The blasted thing is still supposedly downloading for me. Guess I'm not missing too much.
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich