Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modeling Competition Directory ~ Closed

Comments

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    @gramatique You were the second person to say that! Does everyone think they can't post here? D: You guys are totally welcome to, I'd actually love it! I feel so lonely here. :sweat_smile: Let me go add that to the front page while I update everything, I'd hate for people to think they can't post here.

But yesssss! <3 I was worried no one would want to join it, save for maybe 3 people. I have no idea how many gamers we have here in the community, so thank you for the feedback! (You too @Jendowoz0612!)
    I haven't worked on it very much since I wasn't sure how many people would join, but if you guys would like to shoot some assignment ideas/themes at me that would be great, or what you'd like to see in the comp in general.

@xJojox Will do!
  • alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Game On! (WIP Title) {Gaming comp?} – based on classes and scenarios in games. Make a paladin, gunner, rogue, cleric, etc. and base it on fight scenes, NPC interactions, quests, adventures, etc.

@MizoreYukii Oh yes I would so join this, I am a complete gamer Pleasee omg haha
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
    edited August 2016
    @alexis3142 Now you guys are getting me excited again for that comp! Glad you're interested! :mrgreen:

I'll start working on assignments and format later and move it further up my list since it's getting positive feedback.
    Edit: I thought it was lower on the list, turns out it's number 4! I'll move it ahead of Game of Thrones, but I still reaaaally wanna do The Selection! Lol
    I'll have a poll later to see what most are interested in and go from that. :mrgreen:
  • MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    Also a big gamer so would definitelyyyyy be interested!
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Haha yay! Ill participate in anything im free
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
  • EliavahEliavah Posts: 2,270 Member
    gramatique wrote: »
    I hope it's alright to post here. :D I just wanted to say:
    Game On! (WIP Title) {Gaming comp?} – based on classes and scenarios in games. Make a paladin, gunner, rogue, cleric, etc. and base it on fight scenes, NPC interactions, quests, adventures, etc.

ERMAGERD. I WOULD JOIN THIS IN A HEARTBEAT EVEN IF IT WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF EXAM TIME

UHMM WHO SUGGESTED THIS BECAUSE YES? I had a game comp idea like this wayyyy in the past. . but id love to actually compete in it XD
    @Eliavah That's from my comp list! I had that idea planned since I spoke to Chan all those months ago. xD
    @Eliavah That's from my comp list! I had that idea planned since I spoke to Chan all those months ago. xD
    Heyyy =D I miss you! Sorry we haven't been chatting much ;u; Work has been roughh. But OMG i actually may come back to comps if you do this :OO . I always wanted to join a gaming based comp. My idea was more each assignment was based off a different game like Assignment 1 Lara croft, 2 Final fantasy etc. But yours sounds so freaking amazing too ;_;
    edited August 2016
    @Eliavah I miss you too! It's fine, I'm just as busy these days. About 3 days out of the past week and a half I've pulled all nighters to work, yesterday being the last. xD I should be able to send my replies in a few days actually. :P SO MUCH TO TELL YOU! I designed a new train dress. Yesh. <3 Two versions actually. It's simplistic but I like it. =D I need to make it in Marvelous soon cause I really want it. Like, now. LOL
    I'm sorry work has been rough though. ;-; But it's money, so it's worth it, yes? xD
    Eeeeeeh! OMG I WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU CAME BACK THOUGH! Yes! I will definitely work my butt off so I can get the comp all worked out and ready. <3
  • LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    Pleaaaaassssseeeeeee come back Elia! :bawling:
    I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
    <3
    @MizoreYukii ; Oh gosh honey you need to get sleeeeppppp, but i'm glad you're enjoying yourself, I saw your victoria secret entry with that pretty red flowy hair and omgg Im in love ;_; you're hair drawing is absolutely amazing~ . ANd your icon too, do u have a full version of that photo :o. Also OMG i can't wait to see it.
    It is money =D I got my first paycheck a few days ago c: So im happy xD.
    AND YES! c:. I can't wait for it. I might use Sims 4 this time around but we'll see xD.
    edited August 2016
    @Eliavah I know, I know. xD I think I scared @gramatique the other day when she found out I was still awake. :joy: It's hard work but I like it. Well, not the staying up part, but I enjoy what I do. :tongue:
    OMG YOU DID!? I was planning on showing that to you as a surprise! But yeeeee thank you so much! <3 That means a ton of course coming from you, my lovely mentor! <3 I'm still working on flow though, and my next thing to target is wavy hair. xD And yes I do, but it's a surprise! =DDD I could send you the full thing now but I kinda want everyone to see it at the same time xD You decide though!
    Ohhh! Grats! And I'm ecstatic! I want to drop everything I'm currently doing and just work on it now! LOL! Whichever game you think is best though. xD Oh god I gotta tell you about my adventures with a recent pose I made (the one in photo). Geezus xD
    @LilacErin ; BBY! I missed you <3 Your pictures are so stunning as well! Its amazing seeing how much you've grown!!!!
    @MizoreYukii ; LMAO awww being awake is awesome tho because you get so much shtuff done xD.
    No problme ^^ its seriously awesome, it reminds me of Chan's hair drawings =D. You can do it thoughhh =D. Omggg i wannna seee it nowwwwwwww though XDD but you do it whenever! <3. and lmao! Don't overwork yourself though ;_;. And omg get on steamm girl! Tell me, or tell me here XD
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    *wanders in*

Hello. My name's Spot. I'm really new to modeling - I've only done a bit of a competition. But I'd like to do a writing/caption competition (I'm a writer myself and it's my first love) because I spend more time on the captions than on the image. So that sparked the idea of a writing competition with a modeling photo. But then a friend pointed out that there should be focus on the screenshot, therefore making it a modeling competition too. So I'm looking for someone who can judge the screen shot/model(s) because I have no experience. Note: you do not have to be a writer or even like writing because I don't mind judging writing alone. Please pm me if you're interested. Thanks! :)

*sits down on a sofa and opens tin*

Brownie anyone? :p
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
    Oh geez! Sorry about that everyone. I had convinced myself that I updated this forever ago for MOTY. :cold_sweat:

Updates:
    • @Phoenix_Rainx has opened a very cute competition! Check it out!
      Fairy Tale Modelling Contest // by Phoenix_Rainx // All Games // Taking Applications
      Hello, and welcome to Fairy Tale, the modelling contest where your creativity can shine through your magical photos! In this contest, fairy tales from far and wide will battle it out through a series of fun tasks, photoshoots and rollercoaster twists! Each application will submit a different fairy tale character, be creative!
    • Sims Survivor by @BobSkellington is back for another amazing run! Hurry and get those apps in before September 3rd!
      ♥SIMS ☀SURVIVOR CYCLE 3☀ // by BobSkellington // All Games // Taking Applications
      Welcome to Sims Survivor, where you will battle it out to become the ultimate Survivor, do you think you have what it takes to survive the extreme?

Well, gurl. You better watch out, this is not a game for the sane ;)

This will be fashion based, you can form a team, send someone packing. Or, even start drama.

That's right, this is no ordinary Sims and Modeling competition, you have to transform into the ultimate Scream Queen, while surviving the island.

So, do you still think you have what it takes?

Okay, cool. Some assignments might require story-telling, but that is entirely up to you.

Will you become the hunter, or the hunted?

We shall see..
    • Ready to get spooked? @Neverfalle has launched an awesome supernatural competition! Apps are due by September 3rd!
      Manifestations of the Occult // by Neverfalle // All Games // Taking Applications
      Welcome to my first modelling competition! In this comp we will be exploring the supernatural and the mythological from all cultures and the history that follows them. Each applicant will choose a supernatural being for their model to be (e.g. vampire, alien, siren, demon, etc.) but no two models can be the same creature. The assignments will delve into the past and modern day representations of your chosen being and will teach us all many new things about mythology and the supernatural. Winner of each assignment will get a siggie. Winner of the competition will get a siggie too. Not very exciting, but you get free bragging rights.
    • Model Of The Year Cycle 2 has restarted and been moved to the current section as a recurring comp now!
      Model Of The Year Cycle 2 // by xJojox // Recurring // All Games // Sign-ups Closed
      Welcome Models. I'm so glad you came back look in at the second season of this competition. This contest is a beauty contest for those models who wish to showcase that beauty and show everyone that have what it takes to be the successful model of the year. It’s based mostly on building a model portfolio, your models beauty, creative shots, and how charismatic you are in your work and presentation. This cycle is based on upcoming models, all models don't get signed to stay in the competition till the end, so show us your passion for modelling round by round by achieving the highest score to stay on.

I'm your host, Jojo. I've hosted many contests before and I'm interested in what your ladies have to offer this coming season! In this contest expect to be challenges to keep up with the competition. You will be pushed to make some creative pictures that will help you improve and be better by the time your time is done in MOTY.

Come and join in with all the fun! Our model of the year will grace next cycle’s banner.
    • One comp has finished and announced the winners!
      ♥ Congrats to @MissBirdie for winning DC/MARVEL INC, @xJojox for coming second, and @pammiechick for coming third!
    • One competition has been moved to the "Past" section.
      ~ DC/MARVEL INC // by Bobskellington
    @Spottydog714 You don't have to make it a modeling competition, you could always post it in the Stories section. ^_^
    Excited to see what you put up though! Do you want me to place it in the Upcoming section?
  • BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    Oh geez! Sorry about that everyone. I had convinced myself that I updated this forever ago for MOTY. :cold_sweat:

Updates:
    • @Phoenix_Rainx has opened a very cute competition! Check it out!
      Fairy Tale Modelling Contest // by Phoenix_Rainx // All Games // Taking Applications
      Hello, and welcome to Fairy Tale, the modelling contest where your creativity can shine through your magical photos! In this contest, fairy tales from far and wide will battle it out through a series of fun tasks, photoshoots and rollercoaster twists! Each application will submit a different fairy tale character, be creative!
    • Sims Survivor by @BobSkellington is back for another amazing run! Hurry and get those apps in before September 3rd!
      ♥SIMS ☀SURVIVOR CYCLE 3☀ // by BobSkellington // All Games // Taking Applications
      Welcome to Sims Survivor, where you will battle it out to become the ultimate Survivor, do you think you have what it takes to survive the extreme?

Well, gurl. You better watch out, this is not a game for the sane ;)

This will be fashion based, you can form a team, send someone packing. Or, even start drama.

That's right, this is no ordinary Sims and Modeling competition, you have to transform into the ultimate Scream Queen, while surviving the island.

So, do you still think you have what it takes?

Okay, cool. Some assignments might require story-telling, but that is entirely up to you.

Will you become the hunter, or the hunted?

We shall see..
    • Ready to get spooked? @Neverfalle has launched an awesome supernatural competition! Apps are due by September 3rd!
      Manifestations of the Occult // by Neverfalle // All Games // Taking Applications
      Welcome to my first modelling competition! In this comp we will be exploring the supernatural and the mythological from all cultures and the history that follows them. Each applicant will choose a supernatural being for their model to be (e.g. vampire, alien, siren, demon, etc.) but no two models can be the same creature. The assignments will delve into the past and modern day representations of your chosen being and will teach us all many new things about mythology and the supernatural. Winner of each assignment will get a siggie. Winner of the competition will get a siggie too. Not very exciting, but you get free bragging rights.
    • Model Of The Year Cycle 2 has restarted and been moved to the current section as a recurring comp now!
      Model Of The Year Cycle 2 // by xJojox // Recurring // All Games // Sign-ups Closed
      Welcome Models. I'm so glad you came back look in at the second season of this competition. This contest is a beauty contest for those models who wish to showcase that beauty and show everyone that have what it takes to be the successful model of the year. It’s based mostly on building a model portfolio, your models beauty, creative shots, and how charismatic you are in your work and presentation. This cycle is based on upcoming models, all models don't get signed to stay in the competition till the end, so show us your passion for modelling round by round by achieving the highest score to stay on.

I'm your host, Jojo. I've hosted many contests before and I'm interested in what your ladies have to offer this coming season! In this contest expect to be challenges to keep up with the competition. You will be pushed to make some creative pictures that will help you improve and be better by the time your time is done in MOTY.

Come and join in with all the fun! Our model of the year will grace next cycle’s banner.
    • One comp has finished and announced the winners!
      ♥ Congrats to @MissBirdie for winning DC/MARVEL INC, @xJojox for coming second, and @pammiechick for coming third!
    • One competition has been moved to the "Past" section.
      ~ DC/MARVEL INC // by Bobskellington

Thanks for tagging me :) And spreading the word! <3 I appreciate it :)
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    @Spottydog714 You don't have to make it a modeling competition, you could always post it in the Stories section. ^_^
    Excited to see what you put up though! Do you want me to place it in the Upcoming section?

@MizoreYukii I know, it'll be in the writing section, I just need someone who knows modeling to help judge. And yes, please, that would be great :)
    EkpFDaf.png
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    I didn't know where to write this but I have a little issue with my new competition "Models of The World". One of my judges have been inactive for more than a week so I need someone to step in and help me and Dafadolly judge. Please send me a pm asap if you're interested :)
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
    @Spottydog714 I meant that if you put it in the writing section it doesn't need to be judged on pictures like a modeling comp. :) I don't know if anyone in the writing section would like to be judged on their images though (not sure if that's a normal occurence), they would need a warning in the opening post.
    We have had roleplaying, story, and captioning competitions before, so it's okay for it to be in the modeling section since modeling is based on photos and you're judging on the photos as well. If the focus is only on writing it goes to the writing section. I can only add it to the directory if it's a modeling based comp though and in the modeling forums.

Did you find a judge yet?

@psykt This is probably the best place to put it since we don't have a chat thread. Did you find someone yet? You could try tagging if no one has messaged you yet.
  • GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    edited September 2016
    Mizore I think I am going to turn back into a lurker. Sorry hun. My Master's classes are getting the most of my attention. I will follow along when and where I can with the submissions here but my time on the forums is going to be severely diminished and once I am done with all my current contests I probably will chill out for a while.
    Post edited by Gege on
    mWC1gjz.gif
    @MizoreYukii No, it's meant to be a writing competition with a Modeling element, because it's frustrating, for me at least, when you're only judged on one part when you put effort into both, and no, not yet :blush:
    EkpFDaf.png
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited September 2016
    No, haven't found a judge yet. @Chaos_Fairy @xJojox , would one of you like to step in? :)
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg