Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broader personalities?

One thing that I keep hearing regarding the new club feature that gets me thinking, but I haven't seen it picked up on much, is the possibility of expanding the sims' personalities.

Currently, the sims in TS4 do not have likes or dislikes. They do not have interests, really. So in order to create a club/group/clique/etc. based on what the sims like and dislike and around their interests- wouldn't that mean that those features would have to be implemented?

I think it would be a great improvement to the game to deepen the sims' personalities, they're quite lacking right now in my opinion. Introducing likes and dislikes and interests would be a great idea.

Comments

• kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    Oww I would love to see likes and dislikes return. However, I suspect that will be able to create a club / group and have anyone as the members, I doubt they will focus on the needs and interests of the individual sims. :(
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited August 2015
    But in the interview with Lyndsay Pearson she literally says this: "The really cool part is the fans will be able to make any kind of club that they want by manipulating the rules of what a club likes or dislikes or where they hang out or who they like or dislike." I'm not sure how a club can be set up based on likes and dislikes if they aren't real things in the game. Can't say I wouldn't be surprised if it was all up to the simmer's imagination, but what an awesome opportunity to bring something really needed into this pack.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    This is the only reason why I have hope for this pack, as I have been begging for this kind of content for years.
    If it's done well, I'll buy. If not, I'll get it when its the price of a Game Pack ($20 is how much it will be worth if this feature isn't good).
  • domokun2345domokun2345 Posts: 266 Member
    I hope they return the zodiac and favorite food, color, and music from The Sims 3. Those really gave my sim personality.
    tumblr_msndau7MBI1qm19jyo1_500.gif
  • imabeliever8000imabeliever8000 Posts: 36 Member
    To be quite honest, I feel as if Sims in TS3 were very lacking in the personality department. The Sims 2 gave Sims true personalities, or at least the best we've seen thus far in the series, by giving them interests they preferred to discuss, bars that ranked how grumpy or friendly, shy or outgoing they were, favorite hobbies, and turn-ons and turn-offs. I really don't understand why these features were scrubbed from the series.
  • naughtygwennynaughtygwenny Posts: 171 Member
    I kind of think when she says interests she means like foodie, bookworm, etc I don't think they are adding likes/dislikes but I hope I am wrong, I would enjoy being wrong in this case lol