Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who's signed up to the Game Tester Program?

mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
So EA are now allowing fans to beta test some of their franchises if you opt in to the program, and The Sims is one of them *Screams with excitement*. So how many of you have??

Comments

• ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    linky? Sounds cool :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member

You can find it in your origin > account settings section. It's one of the tabs along the left there.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    Sorry I let my excitement get away with me!!

This link to sims vip tells you what to do
    http://simsvip.com/2015/08/07/origins-game-tester-program-officially-launched/
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    mattgstl wrote: »
    Sorry I let my excitement get away with me!!

This link to sims vip tells you what to do
    http://simsvip.com/2015/08/07/origins-game-tester-program-officially-launched/

Ta :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    I'd rather sign up for slow death on a torturing device then become unpaid beta tester for EA.
  • mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    I'd rather sign up for slow death on a torturing device then become unpaid beta tester for EA.
    I think it is a fun experience to help improve the games!! Anyway, we always complain about the bugs in game. :(
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member

:mrgreen: now you can do both when you sign up for EA's beta testing of a torturing device designed for a slow and painful death- they don't pay you for it. *gives online papers to sign* simply sign here and you can do both
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I signed up. How fun would it be to know stuff before all of you? :p
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member

Yeah, cause it's so much better to PAY them 70 dollars to beta test the new Sims game as you play it new. I don't mind doing it for free if it means a better game out the pike later on. Plus it'd be cool to see how something changes as time goes on. I like this idea.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm opt in
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

Yeah, cause it's so much better to PAY them 70 dollars to beta test the new Sims game as you play it new. I don't mind doing it for free if it means a better game out the pike later on. Plus it'd be cool to see how something changes as time goes on. I like this idea.

This.

I think this is a GREAT idea, and hope a lot of EA players sign up. Thanks to TS4, I don't play any relevant EA games now so it would be pointless for me to sign up, but for those who play TS4 or other games... here's a chance to give EA feedback since fat lotta good these forums do :unamused:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I'm signed up. Hope I get picked to test Get Together.
  • PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    I've signed up too, could be an amazing opportunity!
  • MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    I did.
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I hope that players can test the toddler life stage in Sims 4 beta test thing :lol: that way we actually could tell feedback in the best way, so they can tune things up!
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited August 2015
    emmaning wrote: »

:mrgreen: now you can do both when you sign up for EA's beta testing of a torturing device designed for a slow and painful death- they don't pay you for it. *gives online papers to sign* simply sign here and you can do both

People usually don't realize I'm not playing only Sims. All they believe is that I'm some rude troll that needs to be removed for sakes of the community health.
    The only thing true is that I'm evil and I'm not hiding that fact behind peachy words and yucky suckups. I'll try to keep this as short as possible.

The example (and screenshot since many people here want spoonfeeding instead of following a link):
    http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showthread.php/69083-Buglist-on-PC-(warning-spoilers-inside)

pic.jpg

Yes, it was me testing, collecting bugs, helping people to overcome bugs in one game (it's not the only one, it's just an example).

But what happened next? Developers of that game sat down, warmed their chair and fixed every single bug that remained and was listed there. If you don't believe me, you can check that list against the patch changelog here:
    http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showthread.php/69412-Risen-3-Titan-Lords-Patch-1-20

My problem people here refuse to see? Talk about everything but not the point? Although the problem is plain obvious? It's:
    EA

I didn't make the buglist for Sims 4 because it would be silly, that thread already exists and bugs are being collected by @crinrict (respect!) at EA answers HQ:
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-Bugs/m-p/3445209#U3445209

Unlucky for you, me, all of us, it's EA.
    For some reason known only to them, no matter how detailed reports are, no matter how many people report an annoyance, no matter how many times we mention that something plagues our game to the point of ruining our experience - EA doeasn't care for fixing bugs.

So, sorry people.
    I did (beta)test things, and I will continue doing it for sure.
    But I just won't do it for a company that just pretends to listen to the community. At least NOT for free.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I don't have a great computer so I don't expect them to pick me for anything.
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    Two questions.

1. How many people are signing up because they actually want to improve the game and not just for the sake of potentially having the new and shiny before the masses?

2. Does EA actually plan on fixing problems that are brought to their attention?

That is all.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    I decided to give it a try.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • DasiyDasiy Posts: 27 Member
    I also Sign up