Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Bluejay Legacy

Comments

• Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I love how Desmond's lifetime wish was accomplished!
    Did you create the new locations in Al Simhara? I added a bar to Al Simhara.

Yes, I did, and I'm also planning to add a bar on my next visit! I also made all the buyable houses I wasn't going to use available for townies to buy, so hopefully that will help the population grow.
  • Options
    AEventyrAEventyr Posts: 702 Member
    Wait, you can add community lots to WA worlds!? This is news to me. I knew you could eventually buy a home somewhere and there were a couple of blank residential spaces but I've never payed much attention and definitely never got to a level 3 visa (my game usually bugged out after 2 trips). I am soooo making an adventurer now!! By the way, adding a library (love the name for it) and public pool were genius ideas. May I steal the library one?
  • Options
    @AEventyr , this was the first time I've edited a WA town, but it was just as easy as editing any other town! As for stealing the library idea - please, go ahead! :smiley:
    When I was playing my first adventurer ever, I never got a level 3 Visa either. It took her ages to reach about Visa level two and a half in each location, but I was inexperienced in playing The Sims in general and didn't realise the importance of skilling up and buying lifetime happiness rewards. Most importantly, I didn't know that the "Opportunistic" LTW increases the number of Visa points you get for every adventure (I didn't realise adventures counted as opportunities). This time my Sim bought "Opportunistic" before travelling to Egypt, and it helped a lot!
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips! And if I ever do get around to finally writing my own Sims stories (so many ideas, no time at all) I'll make sure to note your screenname if I make a Library. Alexandria's is a perfect one to Simify.
  • Options
    SkullloverSkulllover Posts: 110 Member
    Just found this, read a bit. Will read some more later.

I like it so far.
  • Options
    Desmond and Deborah bond with the new baby...
    2ii8ky9.jpg

x26qg9.jpg

... and teach Molly her toddler skills.
    27xkrvq.jpg

Then I decide to make a New Year's party for them at the beach-side dance club and pretend that it makes sense (which it totally doesn't, because when you're playing on normal lifespan every day is New Year!) Desmond's aunt Eleanor is sitting at the bar. I didn't know that would be the last time I saw her!
    302qfc5.jpg

Paul is at home, babysitting his grandchildren, so Desmond and Deborah can have some fun. They blow bubbles...
    otneo2.jpg

... and fire some Chinese fireworks.
    2r2t9op.jpg

14b3ztl.jpg

Happy New Year!
    kc1jqe.jpg

A day or two later, it's time for another party: baby John is aging up.
    11uuxvo.jpg

His hair is brown, like his grandpa's and his sister's.
    6e2d5y.jpg

The toddlers are cute, but also a lot of work. (Also, I somehow managed to mess up their rhythms, so that Molly sleeps by day and John by night!) Maybe I should take Desmond for another adventure.
    2vwbq55.jpg

He has level-three Visas for Egypt and China now, but only a level-one Visa for France. Time to go to Champs-Les-Sims and remedy that!
    1z2nalf.jpg

He has a series of nectar-making quests to finish, so he lives, sleeps and eats in the nectary for a few days, and gets up early to pick fruit by starlight.
    miowva.jpg

After Desmond has managed to make three bottles of "Very Nice" nectar, relic merchant Jean-Luc Pivert asks him to investigate some strange noises in the local museum.
    4h485t.jpg

Desmond is impressed with the museum's Egyptian collection. It reminds him of his own adventures in Al Simhara. "Sunset Valley should have an archaeological museum!" he thinks.
    33a3r81.jpg

He goes back to Jean-Luc to inform him he has found a secret passage inside the museum. Jean-Luc asks him to investigate it. When Desmond tries to have a friendly conversation with him afterwards, it doesn't go well. Jean-Luc is insane and, strangely for a relic merchant, hates art.
    4r8dg1.jpg

Desmond investigates the passage, finds the remains of an unfortunate curator who got stuck in a sarcophagus and restores them to their rightful place in the Champs-Les-Sims cemetery. This gets him a level-three Visa!
    2hx6o91.jpg

A relaxing evening in the town square.
    dmdxnd.jpg

Although the household has over 200,000 simoleons, I would like Desmond to make some more money before buying a vacation home in France, so I send him to break the boulder leading to Tuatha's garden, a place I haven't explored with my previous adventuring Sims.
    e9jj1t.jpg

His ability to Zeneport helps him in a tight spot.
    a0xudk.jpg

Deep underground he finds the garden, an amazing place full of traps, but also gems, excavation sites, rare grapes and money trees.
    25pq1l3.jpg

This is the first money tree I've ever come across in the game. I've never had a Sim develop the gardening skill high enough to grow one.
    35jfjpx.jpg

The only thing I haven't figured out about Tuatha's garden was how to open the final door leading out, so Desmond returned through the dive well and up the staircases through which he entered. I sent him to the Champ-Les-Sims castle to dine and rest for the night. The castle is the most expensive buyable lot in town, but I have turned it into a community lot (technically a big park, but I'll pretend it's an old-fashioned Grand Hotel.)
    qqxt0g.jpg

This the hotel restaurant - I've always wanted Champs Les Sims to have a restaurant like this!
    e5ljzm.jpg

20k2iyf.jpg

The dance hall with a piano - a townie named Yves is employed as the pianist, and others have come to listen to him play and dine at the restaurant (which has a food register).
    1448fpk.jpg

While Desmond was sleeping, I looked through the houses available for sale and decided on one.

The next morning, Desmond called the estate agents and made his purchase.
    2nu58a1.jpg

This is the house. Desmond could afford a much larger one...
    2ilon7t.jpg

But this house is built over the river, and that makes it the best!
    52ay2p.jpg

It's small and cozy inside. The house Desmond bought in Egypt has room enough for a large family - it's okay for the houses in China and France to be for two people only. The whole family doesn't always have to travel together (and if they do, room can always be found for extra beds or a tent!)
    1znbo1x.jpg

Back to Sunset Valley. the game informed me that Eleanor has died. She is my first Sim born in game to die. :(
    sc7z0h.jpg

She was Paul's younger sister. Paul is 100 days old, and it's a miracle he's still here and looks after his grandchildren.
    2u91lbn.jpg

2lc1p9k.jpg

Time for Molly to become a child!
    2m7esug.jpg

She gets "bookworm" as her third trait (her first two are genius and perceptive). She gets to level two in logic the moment she picks up the skill book. (I don't know why her face looks so worried!)
    242su41.jpg

She moves from the nursery into her own room, and goes to bed early before her first day at school.
    ogdfuu.jpg
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    edited January 2016
    Ownnn... amazing! Paul managed to raise one of his grandchindren to child!
    Gosh, your adventures abroad make me feel like playing it, too. I think I'll try WA locations again later.
  • Options
    Thanks, @thuggishsplicer ! I never got this far in World Adventures before, and I never edited the location worlds, so I'm really enjoying this now! If I'm going to complete the challenge I have six more generations to go, and they are all going to travel at least a little, which means that the destination worlds will also get new generations of citizens. That's another thing I've never seen happen, so I'm excited about seeing it!
  • Options
    Congratulations on gaining all 3 full Visas!
  • Options
  • Options
    An update with three birthdays and, sadly, one death.

Molly goes to school for the first time, with her usual worried expression.
    2cfprup.jpg

The second or third day, she comes home with a little friend (whose name I can't remember!) They do homework together, and Molly talks about wanting to be a writer when she grows up.
    14tlys5.jpg

But suddenly ominous music is heard, and the camera jumps to Paul and Desmond, who are outside on the lawn. Oh, no!
    5l5hn4.jpg

There is nothing you can do, Desmond.
    29b2eu1.jpg

The next day, a still grieving Desmond ages up to mature adult.
    29c3ltd.jpg

With his long hair he still looked boyish, so a gave him a more serious hairstyle.
    33mvcp3.jpg

Deborah also ages up to mature adult, while standing by the pool. I like her excited face in this picture.
    2hhjb5x.jpg

At this point in playing the game I heard the news about David Bowie's death, so I decided to make a Sim in honour of him and move him into town. He is called David Starman.
    14l7m04.jpg

I hope my Sims will run into him sometime!
    nwga8.jpg

Back to my household: it's John's birthday, and he hasn't learned to walk yet! He spends some time in the toddler walker...
    2ptcrxx.jpg

Finally! He knows all his skills, and he can blow the candles.
    2nixq90.jpg

rm6u8i.jpg

Desmond got a work opportunity to enter a tomb in Egypt and then tell his coworkers about it. It couldn't have come at a better moment: toddlers can't travel but children can, so now the whole household can enjoy the vacation home on the Nile!
    34illec.jpg

Welcome to Al Simhara, fourth generation Bluejays!
    vg3a6v.jpg

r1zewl.jpg

Molly and John look very much alike and get along very well. This vacation will give them a chance to build an even stronger friendship and to learn some skills.
    20h7xo7.jpg

They take turn in using the toy oven and bake some muffins.
    mrdz8.jpg

I wanted to see if they could hold a bake sale in Al Simhara.
    2u5xdsj.jpg

They set up their stall on the market, but nobody bought anything!
    1sb5me.jpg

Maybe it's because I didn't have them check the newspaper to see what is popular. Still, at least they got to eat lots of muffins!
    nwhkyt.jpg

The vacation home has a large study, with some of Desmond's relics on display and skill objects.
    2cs7y3q.jpg

Both children learn painting and logic, and Molly also learns writing.
    208a9n9.jpg

2i0vnlt.jpg

Meanwhile, their mother spends time at the gym...
    15f26h3.jpg

... and finds time to meditate at home.
    2iu9nw4.jpg

Their father does a bit of adventuring. He has to retrieve a relic from Queen Hatshepsut secret hideout underneath the Al Simhara market: a frustrating tomb, because you can see the final relic long before you can actually reach it! Too bad Pangu's Axe can't smash windows.
    ta69kx.jpg

The tomb is large and it's not easy to find one's way.
    2552cyx.jpg

However, when he's done for the day, he doesn't have to sleep in a tent anymore: he now has a home to come to.
    25hfzao.jpg

And Deborah is already waiting for him in the hot tub.
    16891lg.jpg

rmpd9k.jpg

On his next visit to the tomb, he finally gets the relic.
    ffbnkj.jpg

I have built a dive bar, The Desert Sailor, on the empty lot at the mouth of the river, so I take the family there to relax.
    nw0aqd.jpg

2uigk2c.jpg

Deborah goes swimming in the sunset.
    258v0hf.jpg

2vwvhc4.jpg

When they return to their vacation home, there is one more thing I want Desmond to try because I've never done it before: use the display case to transfigure some gems. He puts eight different cut gems in the case...
    28krhau.jpg

... and he is surprised (and so am I) when it closes and starts emitting smoke and lightning. But It produces a soulpeace gem worth about 4,400 simoleons!
    15wdobn.jpg

A great start, and the vacation is far from over.
  • Options
    WOW, I need to use those Display Cases in my game!!! =O

Desmond and Debora looking at the pyramids in the hot tube is my favorite picture. I'm looking foward to what the kids did during this vacation. It sound like a lot of fun!
  • Options
    Making a sim is a great tribute to Bowie. Also, the pictures of Al Simhara are beautiful at night.
  • Options
  • Options
    Molly and John's childhoods would only have overlapped for two days if I hadn't sent the family to Egypt. This way they had a whole additional week for doing kid stuff together and building a close relationship.
    122yanc.jpg

After returning to Sunset Valley they get a shared room, although Molly has only one night left to be a child.
    b81awy.jpg

Two children go to school the next day ...
    2006vjk.jpg

... but that evening one of them becomes a teen! (And goes to sleep in her bed for little girls, because she's tired and I forgot to prepare a new room for her.)
    4l4sxc.jpg

She gets her own room the next day:
    2zh0exj.jpg

97oftc.jpg

Molly on her way to her first day in high school:
    fxqeci.jpg

I'm pleased with her looks: she has a peculiar, very heart-shaped face, but I find it cute.

A few days later, John gets a birthday cake on the morning of his birthday. His Mum and Dad are celebrating in their underwear. That's definitely not a picture he's going to show his friends!
    2wncwsw.jpg

He ages up to look very similar to his late grandfather Paul.
    2hqtrue.jpg

Molly and John get an instrument each for their birthdays and they immediately have a jam session at home.
    2eouohl.jpg

It's Saturday, so they're free to do what they like. They go to the swimming pool...
    2pqj5ls.jpg

... and in the evening they have another jam session at the beach. That poor townie in uniform is wishing they'd stop playing so that he can go home and sleep.
    2a9s7eo.jpg

Just look at his happy expression when they finally stop playing and leave!
    2aigebl.jpg

This was the list of the household's properties so far. Up to now, each generation has bought a partnership in a venue close to their interests. The third generation heir, Desmond, is now rich enough to buy a whole venue: The Sunset Institute of Modern Art, which will be renamed to The Bluejay Museum of Art and Archaeology.
    net3dl.jpg

The empty room on the second floor is now the archaeology department:

2z8oubk.jpg

2h6hj4p.jpg

Now that my household owns the museum, I've made some changes to upgrade it to a three-star building. Desmond's relics have added to its value, but it still needed to be increased. I decided to do something with this tiny bit of space above the toilets, which used to be unreachable and without a floor:
    fkbcp3.jpg

I added an outside passage leading to it (I've widened it since taking this screenshot):
    2s94tuv.jpg

It became a tiny art cafe.
    dyt7cl.jpg

At this point I thought: I don't think townies will even notice it's there, so it will probably end up being my household's hipstery place to hang out that only they have heard of.
    4vmhq8.jpg

I've also added a cloakroom to my museum, and I'll pretend that the info-desk gives out leaflets and sells books and postcards.
    mhvb6p.jpg

I couldn't resist dressing up Desmond and Deborah as hipsters and sending them to have a drink in their new museum cafe before work (they both work at the Llamas Stadium in the afternoon.)

"What was it you wanted to show me, Desmond?"
    2r7u781.jpg

"Look! A tiny art cafe nobody else has heard of!"
    jgmxzp.jpg

"Wonderful! It will be our little secret."
    25fivj9.jpg

23uv5ew.jpg

ws1n2t.jpg

24n4adu.jpg

I also added some expensive sculptures and a fountain to the grounds, to increase the value of the lot.

On the evening of Desmond and Deborah's first day off, they held a gala opening for The Bluejay Museum of Art and Archaeology, now a three-star venue.

11gpx1x.jpg

I think Molly looks really cute in her yellow dress. However, she is very tired, because she worked at the Doo Peas Corporate Towers for a school opportunity the night before.
    358e2i9.jpg

She spends most of the party napping in the Archaeological Exhibition room.
    ri6y5k.jpg

Quite a lot of guests have arrived, although not all of them go up to the second floor where the food and drinks are served. This is Desmond's old friend and coworker Jeffry Andrews, late and tired.
    9a3g44.jpg

Desmond proudly shows his wife that paintings by two family artists - his mother Connie and his grandmother Agnes - are on display in the museum.
    2dlpy5t.jpg

John is just happy about the food. Behind him, Kizzy Bluejay, who used to be married to his great-aunt Eleanor, is about to have food problems.
    294qws8.jpg

She has placed the autumn salad on the only part of the table that doesn't have a seat, and is now upset that she can't sit down to eat it. Deborah consoles her by bringing her a drink.
    5ezwnr.jpg

2ldelpz.jpg

Desmond's cousin Lawanda is downstairs by the entrance, having an argument about toilets.
    2u4rez5.jpg

Although the party was a bit chaotic, everyone goes home thinking it was awesome!
    2md0zly.jpg
  • Options
    I love when they think it's awesome!
    It's hard to please those sims. :-O

Oh my... the day I finally buy a museum I'll just copy your ideas. XD
  • Options
    Oh my... the day I finally buy a museum I'll just copy your ideas. XD
    @thuggishsplicer , that's a big compliment, but surely there will be a paleontology exhibit in your museum! :smiley:

• Options
    You bet! I might have an army of dogs to fill that section with fossils! XD
  • Options
    The household is visited by a burglar in the night.
    2ir6bs0.jpg

A police officer approaches, thinking "Another burglar. How boring! I wish I was an astronaut."
    2ypi05z.jpg

As soon as she enters the house she is attracted to Desmond, and he feels the same way, although his back is turned to her and he can't even see her. Stop that, Desmond, you're happily married!
    fz1z7s.jpg

The officer attacks the burglar...
    112g1gz.jpg

... and, thankfully, wins.
    vrfzpz.jpg

By the time she finishes checking the house, it is already dawn.
    211w87t.jpg

Desmond rolls the wish to go skinny-dipping with the police officer, who has the awesomely bizarre name Haeju Hackett. Apparently, when not in uniform she also has exactly the same hair as Desmond's grandmother Agnes Crumplebottom. Anyway, skinny-dipping is out of the question, Desmond!
    10qlxdh.jpg

Desmond travels to China again. His old friend Sun Young Kim is an elder now!
    241sgih.jpg

Desmond in the treasure trove of D0ng Huo, just after walking into a poisoned darts trap and before passing out. He looks like he's thinking: "Oh, great!"
    whcku9.jpg

An overload of traps.
    116qt7l.jpg

Relaxing after the adventure! I added a spa rabbit hole on a lot with a lake view, and next to it a little building with a sauna, massage table and some tea tables outside. The locals love it!
    25a6ph0.jpg

wk0gw1.jpg

6jj7nn.jpg

This one guy was annoying, though - he booed at Desmond and at another townie for wearing swimsuits. I think you should relax a bit, judgemental townie, because 1) this is a spa and 2) you're wearing nothing but a towel!
    qpi3h2.jpg

spi2ko.jpg

A random snapshot of two townies nightswimming in one of the decorative pools in the Forbidden City:
    2n69h94.jpg

Desmond finds out from the locals that before he can continue his adventures in China, he needs to go to France and ask the nectar merchant about a former explorer's missing diary.
    2mrthzl.jpg

Having collected a huge amount of ancient coins, Desmond buys a Sultan's Tabernacle and spends his last night in Shang Simla sleeping in it. It looks really beautiful, and it gives him the highest comfort and decoration moodlets.
    9givsz.jpg

Back in Sunset Valley, Molly is spending her last few days of teenhood. On Sunday evening the whole family goes to the Llamas game: Desmond and Deborah are playing for the team, Molly and her brother are watching.
    The Llamas win.
    9i9zc9.jpg

To celebrate the victory, the family goes to the beach to have a barbecue.
    2u9pmqo.jpg

rc7n1u.jpg

2lb2905.jpg

Molly ages up two days later, getting a little too close to the birthday cake in the process:

20967p1.jpg

28cda8y.jpg

Molly as a young adult, ready to embark on her career of private investigator and mystery novelist:
    adhhs1.jpg

2r7sind.jpg

Immediately after aging up, Molly rolls the wish to visit Al Simhara. It wouldn't have been my choice of journey for her, because it's the only WA destination world she's already been to, but it's her decision! I like the idea of her having some time to relax before joining the private investigator profession.
    neccb4.jpg

2cn6rls.jpg

To her (not at all unpleasant) surprise, Al Simhara is full of shirtless men! They don't look out of place in the gym...
    20ijc6c.jpg

... but certainly do so at the library! This particular shirtless man, Farouk, and Molly feet mutual attraction, but Farouk is married and his wife is right there with him, looking decidedly unimpressed.
    2zrnpdt.jpg

Molly is attracted to the barman at the Desert Sailor dive bar, too, and she tries to invite him over to her vacation home the next day, but by the time she wakes up, he is already at work.
    os9aau.jpg

Upon returning to Sunset Valley, she goes to the police station and applies for a job as a private investigator.
    2res8hu.jpg

The next morning, she puts on her detective outfit for the first time.
    2e1t0nd.jpg

Stakeout:
    21958p2.jpg

Digging through the trash of a townie called Venus Bachelor for her first case. This passer-by doesn't find this worth noticing.
    kb2520.jpg

Succes! Venus is exposed as a criminal.
    28lv33s.jpg

I love that the PI profession is going to involve Molly being out and about and meeting townies. Molly is the fourth generation heiress of my household, but since townies tend to have children earlier, some of the current citizens of my Sunset Valley are the fifth of sixth generation of descendants of the original families.

Another lady burglar visits the house, but the invincible Haeju Hackett catches this one as well.
    11ki9e9.jpg

Molly works on a novel based on her first case, called "The Dark Side of Venus". She can't write mystery novels yet, so this is a trashy novel -- fittingly, because she searched through actual trash to solve the case.
    90tyqp.jpg

Following the instructions he got in China, Desmond travels to France to find the missing explorer's diary. Staying in his riverside cottage is pleasant...
    v9us5.jpg

... but the search for the diary takes him to the Landgraab Chateau, a decidedly unpleasant place! Deborah's French relatives didn't want anyone to find out their sinister secrets.
    mjbekj.jpg
  • Options
    OMG, You cracked me up with the last picture!

I wonder what the Investigator career will bring to Molly! She's gorgeous!
    I configured master controller and now, my townies don't have children so early. Sometimes, *I* need to remind them to have some. LOL
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    A PI Mystery Novelist! Now Richard Castle will have some competition on the bestseller charts. ^_~
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    It takes quite a bit of falling into traps, or being caught between them...
    104kkcj.jpg

But Desmond finally finds the keystone to the Dragon Cave, which by a strange game of fate ended up on a desk in a tiny room in the Landgraab Chateau in France.
    2ut5v.jpg

Before Desmond leaves France, I add a carousel and a tea house to an empty lot by the river. I think Champs Les Sims is the best world for the carousel!
    25z054x.jpg

mm4fmx.jpg

2rdggwn.jpg

34sf1tu.jpg

Desmond returns home, and very soon it's time for the first triple birthday party in the household! Desmond and Deborah are becoming elders, and John a young adult, all on the same day!
    I want them to have a memorable party. While they are sleeping, I set up an outdoor party area and, as a special treat, a hot air balloon.

2zgeply.jpg

The party starts at 1 PM (I knew it would take long for three Sims to blow out their candles). The first guest to arrive is police officer Haeju Hackett, the family's brave protector from burglars. When she's not in uniform, she has exactly the same hair as Desmond's grandmother Agnes Crumplebottom.
    2uom29u.jpg

The household's rock star neighbour, David Starman - my David Bowie tribute Sim, who has since moved into the former Landgraab mansion - arrives to the party, and he and Deborah feel mutual attraction. Deborah, may I remind you that you have the eternally faithful reputation and are about to become an elder?
    2dl20oy.jpg

nox0fk.jpg
    (I like how Molly, in the yellow dress, is thinking "David Starman! I heard one of his albums.)

The three start blowing out the candles, John first...
    2w39or6.jpg

... then Desmond.
    5y6n94.jpg

I was hoping to have Desmond and Deborah try out the balloon in daylight, while the guests are there, but blowing out candles takes so long!
    wsa2p4.jpg

By the time it's Deborah's turn, the sun is starting to set.
    25jl2lh.jpg

The guests all leave saying it's been an awesome party, and before going to sleep, the newly elder Desmond and Deborah fly up in the balloon to see what their home looks like from the air.
    httvu1.jpg

xoi5p1.jpg

This is John as a YA, the next morning. His traits are athletic, brave, charismatic, family-oriented and great kisser. He is created to be a successful police officer and some lucky Sim's ideal husband.
    es3fwg.jpg

Molly wakes early to continue working on her trashy novel "The Dark Side of Venus", and manages to finish it.
    r05qtu.jpg

Deborah and Desmond help the Llamas win another game, and the family spends their final day together. It's time for John to start a life of his own!
    14udu01.jpg

I have always intended to move him out when he became a young adult. I want him to populate the town with little Bluejays without my help! I decided to merge him with the other Bluejay household in the neighbourhood - Kizzy and her second wife Mariana. They live in the huge house that belonged to the Altos at the beginning of the game, and don't have any heirs of their own.
    20z35zd.jpg

The next day, Desmond and Deborah travel to China. China was where their romance started long ago, just after they aged up to YA.
    zsmk8y.jpg

Now their goal is to master athletics and Sim Fu, Deborah for her lifetime wish and Desmond so that he can defeat the most notorious mummy, D0ng Huo.
    dd0pqw.jpg

Deborah has already mastered Sim Fu.
    2lw4q4x.jpg

After a day of intensive training, they relax at the sauna/spa/teahouse. But I was a little careless here! I let them drink lots of tea, and it filled up their energy bars. Now it's impossible to take them home to sleep.
    8xipg1.jpg

The only sensible thing to do is to take them back to the Academy and let them train some more. And that was when I find out that, in the night, the Academy is visited by CREEPY TWINS!
    2j154cp.jpg

Their names are Liu Lu and Lao Lu. They are just standing there, like the twins in The Shining. Lao is also quite stinky, so Deborah has to force herself to get on the treadmill.
    nz3se8.jpg

The twins chatted a little while she is exercising. "Love is awesome, isn't it, Lao?"
    25a2ioi.jpg

"And standing here and watching this lady sweat on the treadmill is awesome too!"
    2yjx57d.jpg

The twins do leave after a while, and Desmond breaks a space rock and reaches the highest Sim Fu level. He is skilled enough to face D0ng Huo now!
    707uxx.jpg

Sun Young Kim requires a few other things first, though. He must win a Sim Fu tournament match against Xi, the relic merchant...
    155p5pe.jpg

... and then find some pieces of jade, because Sun is worried about him and wants to make him an amulet.
    ioopjm.jpg

Finally, Sun agrees to send him off to this dangerous mission.
    29w71hj.jpg

"Good luck, old friend!"
    nvpisn.jpg

The Dragon's Cave is the place where Desmond's adventures in China started when he was just a teenager.
    2hhm13s.jpg

Back then he had a vision of an explorer fighting a mummy, but he had no idea he was destined to be that explorer!
    2myav4w.jpg

The cave is complicated, full of hidden switches and rooms within rooms within rooms.
    ofnjhz.jpg

Finally, deep inside, he enters a hall with three sarchophagi - one of them decorated, the other two plain. That must be the resting place of D0ng Huo and his minions!
    2wevtcm.jpg

One of the minions, Calvinotep, attacks Desmond first. look at Desmond's smug face! He is sure that, having mastered athletics and Sim Fu, he can take him. But...
    2nlwiu1.jpg

...Desmond loses the fight and has a funny feeling. He realises what it must be - he has heard tales of the Mummy's Curse.
    23h7uox.jpg

With nothing to lose now, he fights the second minion and wins.
    6eq3d2.jpg

At this point the game tells me his mission is accomplished and D0ng Huo is now confined to his cave. I thought it was all over and had Desmond use escape dust to find his way out... just as D0ng Huo himself started coming out of his sarchophagus.

Now Desmond has to find a way to cure himself. He is already quite skilled in snake charming, so he buys a king cobra and starts to practice charming it.
    2mqj9du.jpg

Returning to the vacation home, he snuggles up to his wife, but doesn't tell her what happened.
    28tvk7.jpg

He suggests a camping trip to a remote spot, Dragon Springs.
    hsj02w.jpg

It's a lovely spot for meditating and snake-charming in peace.
    j5cbvq.jpg

Deborah does wonder why he's so obsessed with charming the king cobra, but he gives no explanation.
    1z1sqk7.jpg

He only stops whenever the cobra bites him.
    68fzew.jpg

When they get hungry, they have a picnic under the stars.
    24vtovp.jpg

Desmond is even more affectionate to his wife than usual, knowing every embrace could be their last. (Really, he did this completely spontaneously.)
    70ba5c.jpg

It's a good thing no locals passed by, because what would they think of their tent rocking in the air like this?
    r05ngg.jpg

It's a beautiful trip, but the king cobra still isn't tamed, and Desmond doesn't have all the time in the world...
    301m555.jpg
  • Options
    celticpixie128celticpixie128 Posts: 57 Member
    I sure hope that he succeeds!
  • Options
    Desmond is cured!

The curse was really creeping me out, because as days went by, the world was slowly becoming darker when he was the active Sim. This is the same moment in time as seen by Deborah, and then as seen by Desmond. The difference is very subtle (most noticeable near the edges), but it was enough to remind me of the curse every time I switched between the two of them.
    2z8umu1.jpg

153l99v.jpg

Finally, while charming the cobra in the market, he managed to kiss it! I didn't actually take a screenshot of that moment because I didn't realise what was going on in time (I thought I would get the option to direct him to kiss the cobra, but he did it by himself).This is the moodlet he got afterwards:

o7ol6d.jpg

Now that he's cured, Desmond decides he's had enough of adventuring for a while. But before leaving China, he will throw a big "Yay, I'm alive!" party.
    35hp66r.jpg

Just before the guests arrive, Deborah confronts him.
    "You know, Desmond, I'm not that unperceptive. I noticed you were gloomy for days, and now you're suddenly so happy you're throwing a big party. Something terrible happened in that cave, didn't it?"
    2lw1tuh.jpg

"Yes, it did. I'm sorry, Deb, I didn't want to worry you. I was in great danger, but it's all over now. Let's celebrate!"
    2vvkkms.jpg

The party begins with fireworks...
    33ehc8o.jpg

2sbvr4g.jpg

... and the real fun starts when a guest (I think her name is Ziyu) decides to skinny-dip in the hot tub. This makes some of the other guests giggle.
    e5s800.jpg

But Desmond is delighted. This is a life-celebrating party. He wants everyone to enjoy themselves.
    1zq3sjt.jpg

Eventually almost everyone is dancing (but most of the tropical cocktails go to waste - only Desmond and Deborah try them.)
    2vbvbd2.jpg

xm26iu.jpg

When almost everyone has gone home, saying it's been an awesome party, Desmond dances a last dance with his old friend Sun Young Kim. It's a bittersweet moment: she is older than he is, and when he returns to Shang Simla - if he ever returns - he may not find her alive.
    Ziyu is also still here, still skinny-dipping, and the Dragon Cave, where D0ng Huo is now bound forever, looms in the hills above.
    1zyh2qq.jpg

Sun leaves, Desmond goes to sleep, and finally - last of all - the skinny-dipper also decides it's time to go home. She thinks it's been an awesome party too!
    1z55gg6.jpg

In Sunset Valley, his daughter Molly has troubles of her own. Luckily, not deadly ones like her father's; Molly's troubles all have to do with the Bunch family.

Kristi Bunch invites Molly to meet her at the junkyard, and offers her a case. She says her favourite book has been stolen. Look at Molly's shocked face! As a bookworm and writer, she can't believe anyone would stoop so low.
    Had she looked at Kristi's sly expression more carefully, she might have noticed something was amiss...
    14tc1za.jpg

Witness statements lead her to search the library for clues.
    ztj3uf.jpg

Hmm... This is interesting...
    9qv4hd.jpg

Yes! The missing book is found on a library shelf.
    x5rpyp.jpg

But Kristi Bunch isn't satisfied yet; she wants to know who the thief was. Molly questions the bookstore owner...
    sy5mkp.jpg

... and learns the shocking truth: the thief was Kristi herself! Or rather, there was never a thief.
    To add insult to injury, Kristi did this to research for a book. You'd think Molly, being a writer herself, would recognise that! How embarrassing!
    ixf66p.jpg

To take her mind off the case, she goes to the nightclub to eat some bar food. She finds the bartender very attractive, and the feeling is mutual. But the bartender's name is Bill Bunch! Does she really want to feel attracted to a relative of the conniving Kristi?
    2a0gl08.jpg

After a good night's sleep, she decides to learn more about Bill. She doesn't want to possibly miss out the love of her life because he's a Bunch! After breakfast, she invites him to meet her at the Cerulean Pool, and he agrees.

But while she's on her way there in a taxi, NRAAS Story Progression tells me Bill has aged up to elder.
    Which Bill? Could it be a different Bill?

No, it's Bill Bunch. He became an elder minutes before their date.
    (The halo above Molly's head is from the charitable moodlet she got from returning the book to Kristi. I think it's adorable!)
    18gas2.jpg

They start talking and find their traits are very compatible. But I keep the interactions friendly, because it seems like yesterday Molly was a teen, and I can't bear the thought of her having a relationship with an elder. I'm sorry, Bill Bunch, but you are friendzoned!
    2nu60wk.jpg

Molly spends the day working on another case. In the evening, feeling determined, she makes herself a strong cup of coffee.
    11m4zrp.jpg

Feeling refreshed, she starts working on a humour novel: "The Stolen Book That Never Was". You think you're a good writer, Kristi Bunch? Well, let's see whose book about the case will sell better!
    cixco.jpg

Upon returning to Sunset Valley, Desmond and Deborah have to turn from tomb-exploring to a much more mundane task. The family resort, Norwegian Wood, has fallen from five to four stars a while ago and stayed that way; although the best staff is hired, the reviews all say the resort is dirty. Well, if you want a job done properly, you must do it yourself!

I zoomed in on the resort and found a staff member complaining that she was unable to reach a broken and dirty sink.
    2rf381g.jpg

Desmond and Deborah take over. They repair and clean the plumbing, stomp out roaches, mop up puddles.
    2vioa6q.jpg

2r5uubq.jpg

The staff gather around them awkwardly. They seem embarrassed the owners are doing the work themselves.
    2dnz29.jpg

Desmond and Deborah's efforts are not in vain: the next morning the resort is a five-star one again!

Meanwhile, Molly searches for clues at another family property: The Bluejay Museum of Art and Archaeology. She is investigating the case of a missing lawn flamingo.
    2bnn1d.jpg

Afterwards she dines at the Chinese restaurant. The guy working at the food register seems cute, and has a really catchy name: Scottie Beard.
    svqkhv.jpg

The fact that he is standing there and thinking about death only makes him cuter.
    mkdr8m.jpg

Molly introduces herself (charmingly, of course), and decides she would return to the restaurant tomorrow, to see him again.
    343swzs.jpg

The next morning she takes her laptop with her. After she returns the missing lawn flamingo to Riley Keaton...
    j9x62r.jpg

... she heads once again for the Chinese restaurant.
    28klobb.jpg

She spends the day there, working on "The Stolen Book That Never Was". Scottie is watching her with great interest.
    11twf49.jpg

"I'm writing a novel," she explains during a break from writing. Scottie is very impressed.
    10mtnye.jpg

They both enjoy their chat and quickly become friends.
    154g8ix.jpg

Look how happy Scottie is, and he was thinking about death only yesterday! Could he be the one for Molly? I certainly hope so!
    e82uqp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    :-O
    Your stories are always awesome! Part of me hopes he'll succeed. Another part thinks it's an opportunity for a unique demise for him. (His ghost will have a unique color!) I bet you'll do the best for Desmond!

EDIT: I posted while you were updating. I'm gonna check this one too.