Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Bluejay Legacy

Comments

• PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    edited September 2015
    Paul is rapidly progressing in the medical career. He gets the task to give vaccinations in the park.
    He looks so ruthless while giving the injections!
    9vha9t.jpg

This large guy armed with scary tools is someone Paul knows from high school: Samuel McIrish.
    2ir55z4.jpg

In those days, Samuel once came home with Paul and Eleanor and did homework with them. Now he works in the music career and has the evil trait, which will turn out to be relevant...
    2lntsgg.jpg

... because the next person in line for vaccination is called Connie McIrish, and she and Paul are instantly attracted to each other, despite the painful circumstances. She has the artistic, bookworm and daredevil traits and seems like a great partner for him.
    Paul hopes Connie is Samuel's sister, but alas, it turns out she is his wife. Forget about her, Paul! Don't mess with the wife of a muscular and evil guy!
    4qsyea.jpg

Meanwhile, Eleanor's crush Markus Sekemoto invites her to his home after school. She is delighted. She didn't have the chance to talk to him properly since that date that was so rudely interrupted by the police.
    oh4az8.jpg

Markus lives in a pretty house in Little France. They do their homework...
    2ijsrhv.jpg

... and then start chatting, and Eleanor finds out Markus is in a relationship now. He has a girlfriend called Nina.
    140iszp.jpg

Eleanor knows her from school. Nina Keaton. She isn't even that pretty. How dare you, Markus Sekemoto!
    2ds09wn.jpg

Paul gets a new work opportunity: to give a medical lecture at the spa. In front of the spa he bumps into Connie again. They are magnetically attracted to one another.
    11tqycl.jpg

Paul has the good trait and would normally never dream of breaking up a marriage. However, Connie is married to an evil person. She is a damsel in distress who needs to be saved! Look how happy she is to meet him!
    5l16kz.jpg

The time comes for Eleanor to age up. She decides on an impromptu party at the swimming pool, with Paul and whichever townies happen to be there.
    1z1xoqa.jpg

Eleanor's traits are charismatic, neurotic, lucky, virtuoso and dramatic. She is level 2 in charisma, 2 in cooking, 5 in guitar, 1 in handyness, 1 in logic and 2 in painting. Her lifetime wish is Golden Tongue, Golden Fingers (reaching the highest level in guitar and charisma.)
    5bqwl3.jpg

Finally, both second-generation Bluejays are young adults! They are so different, and yet they have one thing in common: a complicated love life.
    t9zllu.jpg

In the next few days, Paul asks Connie out twice, and she refuses both times, saying she's busy.
    He is, at least, doing well with his career: by the end of the week he has the seventh-level medical job, Gene Therapist.

Eleanor is in no hurry to find a job. Their 4-star resort is bringing them about 3,500 each morning. She can do what she wants, and that includes getting tattooed.
    2z5lppv.jpg

ivz3h2.jpg

(I had Sinead O'Connor in mind as an inspiration for Eleanor's look, although I'm not going for actually imitating her:)
    29d8wpk.jpg

She plays guitar in town, which helps her with both the guitar and charisma skill.
    ru8ops.jpg

She meets new friends and drags them along to the nightclub, enjoying the fact that she can stay there until closing time (unlike that plumming plum Markus Sekemoto, who is still a kid!) This girl, called Rebecca, doesn't look too enthusiastic about their night out. It almost looks like Eleanor kidnapped her.
    35i29fm.jpg

Still, she is happy to dance with her.
    3309wma.jpg

And so is this soldier, Garry Bunch. Eleanor meets several guys, but no potential romantic interest.
    2qwjzgo.jpg

The weekend comes. Paul asks Connie on a date for the third time, and this time she accepts!
    34nhym0.jpg

She comes up to him and immediately starts chatting about books, a subject they both love.
    6enf6d.jpg

Paul invites her to dinner at the Little Corsican Bistro.
    swal2u.jpg

After dinner he confesses his attraction to her, and she responds the same way.
    v3lzc2.jpg

Somewhat awkwardly, they are flirting right in the middle of a crowd. Thankfully, the crowd is facing the other way. Let's hope no one will tell Samuel McIrish about this!
    wv4i04.jpg

Paul ignores the crowd and goes for the most important question.
    "Will you divorce Samuel, Connie?"
    15g8lxx.jpg

In the nick of time! Connie is very tired. She says "Yes" and immediately excuses herself, saying she is sleepy. She looks very happy as she's leaving.
    x1yf14.jpg

Being a good person, Paul immediately gets the wish to propose a truce with Samuel. We'll see how that works out!

Meanwhile, Eleanor has an adventurous wish too: to travel to France.
    z6b6c.jpg

She arrives at the base camp in which her parents spent their honeymoon.
    24m839e.jpg

She has taken her fire engine with her, but it's really an unwieldy vehicle for just one person.
    30m4ndz.jpg

Although she will always keep and cherish the fire engine, she decides to buy a Kenspa.
    Gustave, the general store merchant, is handsome and amazingly friendly. After she ask him his sign, he suddenly hugs her. That's a nice surprise!
    f9gyl3.jpg

That's a more appropriate vehicle for a young adventuress.
    2ceq3wh.jpg

There's an almost dangerous gleam in her eyes.
    2ai234h.jpg

The combined cost of the journey and the Kenspa is 2550, so Eleanor decides she will make at least that amount of money by excavating and collecting, to show she's a responsible adult.
    sl1wus.jpg

Palladium and tiberium... that's an excellent find!
    1z2kcar.jpg

A broken antique bowl and some ancient coins here.
    apbite.jpg

She sends the metals to be smelted, feeling satisfied.
    4jw1t4.jpg

The next day, she visits Gustave's shop again. One thing leads to another and... she experiences her first kiss with Gustave behind the counter.
    2cwx7kl.jpg

Who needs that plumming plummer Markus Sekemoto!
    dhbibo.jpg
    Post edited by PalmArrow on
    edited September 2015
    Eleanor does a little bit of tomb-exploring...
    xfzus9.jpg

... and rides her Kenspa through the countryside.
    This spot on the bridge makes her a little sad. Her mother and father took a honeymoon photo here. The sands of time trickle so fast!
    24fwd1l.jpg

12333ud.jpg

She consoles herself by playing her guitar...
    124eafq.jpg

... and by spending time with Gustave. It doesn't turn into a serious romance, though.
    fvfxaa.jpg

Still, it was a memorable trip.
    2z9b1fs.jpg

Back in Sunset Valley, she proudly shows off her new Kenspa.
    6f1us8.jpg

Meanwhile, her brother holds a neighbourhood free clinic - at the cemetery, of all places!
    o9ka5z.jpg

The townies line up to be diagnosed but, unsurprisingly, they look scared.
    33kt8hw.jpg

On his first day off he meets Connie again and asks her to join his household. She accepts, gladly.
    l9k7b.jpg

Connie has a surprise in store: she has a speedboat, and she takes Paul for a ride.
    25rys0j.jpg

2vd5x.jpg

23le7d.jpg

It turns out that Connie is the daughter of Michael Bachelor and Holly Alto, and that she has a daughter with Samuel McIrish, called Lawanda. I will try for her to maintain a relationship with Lawanda.

Eleanor and her future sister-in-law like each other instantly. They are both musicians, so they hold a jam session, and then decide to form a band, The Lonely Hearts.
    2gydmhf.jpg

Meanwhile, the upper story of the family resort is finally finished, and there are VIP suites, which will be convenient for a honeymoon couple.
    adohhs.jpg

The whole household goes there for a three-day trip.
    16lmlx5.jpg

There is a perfect place for a proposal near the waterfall.
    s6rwnc.jpg

2hdxmrs.jpg

"Will you marry me, Connie?"
    fnaa1w.jpg

"Yes! Yes, I will!"
    21dn9ev.jpg

hu0j91.jpg
    Post edited by PalmArrow on
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Your story is super cute, @PalmArrow !
    I almost cried when Agnes and George died. It's awesome how you link memories. I'll be visiting this corner more often from now on.
    Thank you, @thuggishsplicer ! Before this game I've never had a Sim die -- I only played on epic lifespan or with aging turned off, and would reset or quit without saving if my Sims got into danger -- so Agnes' and George's deaths made me really sad. I know that many players like to torture and kill their Sims, but I can't imagine that. I'm ridiculously sentimental about them.
    edited September 2015
    I'm like you! I feel guilty when I torture or kill a sim. I do like the idea about the funeral and the dark clothes while they're mourning. I'll start doing the same.
    The next day, Paul and Connie get married, with Eleanor as maid-of-honour, and with the resort staff all assembled to watch.
    The two figures in the distance are Lawanda McIrish, Connie's daughter with Samuel McIrish, and Samuel's teenage sister Bonnie. They are doing their homework by the lake.
    Since it's impossible for the household to invite guests to a wedding at their resort, it's a very nice coincidence that Lawanda happened to be nearby.
    10743d0.jpg

"Um... what do I do now?"
    "The ring, silly!"
    30iur5x.jpg

4l29tg.jpg

Aren't the two resort workers hilarious in this picture? They are like Tweedledum and Tweedledee!
    5m08ed.jpg

A kiss...
    2mmb90o.jpg

... a collective "Awwww!"
    2iau7f5.jpg

... and a collective applause.
    t0syub.jpg

The maid of honour offers her congratulations.
    qzm9mt.jpg

They dine on angel food cake and sushi...
    2j2ia1w.jpg

enb7b.jpg

... and it's time for the bride and groom to retire to their suite.
    Connie is delighted with her wedding ring.
    125ownq.jpg

o7qe11.jpg

The bride is about to grab the groom and throw him onto the bed...
    15ezdol.jpg

...but no, not so fast! Today is also her birthday. She must age up to adult first. (Paul became an adult the day before. They are almost the same age.)
    2qk57dl.jpg

Finally, they can work on bringing the third generation of Bluejays into the world.
    25z2vm9.jpg

6qw5km.jpg

During the night, Norwegian Wood finally becomes a five-star resort. Paul, Connie and Eleanor have all wished for this, so this brings them lots of lifetime happiness points.
    2rgyt0x.jpg

Connie gets morning sickness the next morning.
    xfcns9.jpg

Before going home, the family goes for a drink with Paul's friend from work Eloy Jolina. Eloy gets ill and needs urgent medical help. Lucky for him Paul is there.
    14j3z7s.jpg

Connie is so proud of her husband.
    73175x.jpg

Back at home the next morning, Connie announces her pregnancy.
    3133qkg.jpg

Paul is delighted.
    4id478.jpg

Connie has wished for a boy and Paul for a girl. As a doctor, Paul is able to tell the baby's gender. It's a boy.
    Don't look so disappointed, Paul! You can have a girl later!
    k3tbmo.jpg

Both Connie and Paul have wished to read pregnancy books, so I send them to the library.
    30crfck.jpg

All the baby stuff is pulled out from the family inventory again.
    vhl5h.jpg

The next evening, Paul works from home while Connie practices painting...
    2hx7hco.jpg

... when she feels the baby coming.
    vql386.jpg

Now, Paul is a doctor. Surely he is not going to panic?
    3wwu1.jpg

Yep. He panicks a little...
    dq0nxc.jpg

... but then he goes to the hospital (his beloved workplace) with Connie.
    349ewao.jpg

This little loaf of bread is Desmond Bluejay. He is athletic and disciplined.
    2hi2qky.jpg

fnbs0o.jpg

Good night, Desmond!
    15qzvow.jpg
    Welcome to Sunset Valley, Desmond!
    Super cute! I love how he seems to smile while they're in the car.
  • FuzzySlippersFuzzySlippers Posts: 81 Member
    What a unique name! Congrats on the birth of gen 3! :)
    Thank you, @FuzzySlippers !

The name Desmond comes from the Beatles song Ob-La-Di Ob-La-da. I'm using Beatles-related names for all my characters and buildings, although I might run out of names before the end.
  • AEventyrAEventyr Posts: 702 Member
    Knowing this, Paul is now definitely my favorite Bluejay.
    @AEventyr , Paul is my favourite Beatle too!
    Eleanor is delighted by her little nephew.
    2l9h3f5.jpg

When it's time for Desmond to age up, the family throws a party. Connie's daughter Lawanda unexpectedly comes in the company of her father, Samuel Mc Irish. The moment he steps into the house, Samuel gives Paul a furious look.
    2vkl3ef.jpg

Paul has been wishing for a long time to propose a truce with Samuel. Connie can't wait for him to do it.
    prwhg.jpg

"Please, can we let bygones be bygones, Samuel?"
    ie028w.jpg

"Absolutely not!"
    dw5jlx.jpg

"Consider yourself lucky I didn't tear your head off, Bluejay."
    119cbkj.jpg

Baby Desmond blows out the candles. The lady at the left seems scared. "I can't look! Did he turn into a monster?"
    242bl7b.jpg

No, just a normal little toddler.
    2vingh4.jpg

Eleanor gets a skill opportunity to disable a trap in Egypt. She is happy to accept.
    34t1m2s.jpg

2eautmp.jpg

She has never seen a place as beautiful as Al Simhara.
    29qd448.jpg

dwtci.jpg

"Hi there, Sphynx! I'll drop by to see you later. I'm going to the Pyramids first."
    mll3s1.jpg

A few locals are standing in front of the Pyramid of Fire.
    30w07dx.jpg

One of them, called, Youssef Nagi, is gorgeous, and he thinks the same of Eleanor.
    23haumx.jpg

They visit the market together, and get along marvelously.
    wmdufk.jpg

But Eleanor isn't just here for pleasure. She has disabled a trap in the Pyramid of Fire, but she also wants to come home with more money than she has spent, so she does some collecting...
    2yu0s46.jpg

...excavating...
    2whk12g.jpg

... and tomb-raiding.
    23t5vlz.jpg

She manages to buy some Egyptian incense and still come home with about 2,000 simoleons more than she had when she left.
    xxb1d.jpg

Goodbye, Al Simhara!
    2ir6er9.jpg

14mrjmd.jpg

1z6fj1d.jpg

And she's back home in time to put her nephew to bed.
    2uxu0d3.jpg

The next day, the family goes to the library to read skill books.
    14ujbxx.jpg

They arrive at the library...
    2wmjt7d.jpg

... but who is it, sitting there and reading?
    kboahe.jpg

Yes, it's Samuel McIrish again!
    2qkpmas.jpg

Once again, Paul tries to ask for forgiveness.
    2rehy0z.jpg

It doesn't work.
    2507deh.jpg

At least everyone caught up on their reading. Connie read three toddler books to Desmond.
    2e5qsyt.jpg

His toddler days go by in playing...
    sbsldg.jpg

... learning to walk...
    hx5i7q.jpg

... and learning to talk. "Say birthday, Desmond! Do you know it's my birthday soon?"
    10f72c2.jpg

Yes, Eleanor is becoming an adult, and it's time for her to move out of the house. I have always intended for her to move away from the legacy household and become a celebrity (I have disabled celebreties in the active household), but I'm feeling sad as the day approaches.

But Eleanor is going away with a bang. She wants to have a great party first.
    4ic741.jpg

One of the guests is Youssef Nagi, who has made a long journey to see her.
    ojpdtl.jpg

Markus Sekemoto is among the guests, in a striped shirt.
    2hwjn78.jpg

Time to blow out the candles!
    104iwd0.jpg

23h2dzt.jpg

Youssef walks away from the crowd, with amorous thoughts on his mind.
    mbrbeo.jpg

Eleanor walks up to him. (I had given her a longer hairstyle for the party, but the game gives her short hair every time she ages up.)
    555x6v.jpg

He is very attracted to her...
    svs750.jpg

...but he is also very tired, so he leaves, thanking her for a great party and giggling at Eloy Jolina, who has come to the party in his pajamas.
    2wegqj6.jpg

But why is Markus Sekemoto looking at Eleanor now, with marriage on his mind?
    6ycg3m.jpg

He comes over to her and tells her some gossip.
    33dja11.jpg

It feels good to chat and laugh with Markus, just like old times.
    2aiedeg.jpg

The party is over. Who will it be, Youssef or Markus? That's not for me to decide any more! Eleanor is moving away.
    15n2fls.jpg

The household had about 100,000 simoleons at this point; I chose a house with a sea view worth around 55,000 for her.
    2hcqc6p.jpg

It's goodbye to Eleanor, and also goodbye to George Bluejay's fire truck, which she is taking with her.
    fuurz4.jpg

32zneaw.jpg

Goodbye, Eleanor! I can't wait to see what you'll do with your life.
    2mngjdd.jpg
    Oh Gosh! I almost cried! I got attached to Eleanor. :(
    Please, let us know what mischieves she's into.
    It's Desmond's birthday, and his parents are a little behind on teaching him his toddler skills.
    2enpzph.jpg

Finally! Walking was the last one. He is ready to age up.
    t06bfd.jpg

The family drives to Old Pier Beach (Eleanor's new home is just across the street, but she isn't home).
    1zoyrrl.jpg

A good place for a birthday party!
    2vta90z.jpg

2yk0xp1.jpg

Connie places Desmond on the floor...
    2dt7xpx.jpg

...and for a moment he looks like a cross between a toddler and a chicken...
    2mql360.jpg

... but then becomes a cute blond boy. I give him "daredevil" as his new trait.
    34pc9px.jpg

After the birthday cake...
    9uu6v7.jpg

1zqwtu8.jpg

... Desmond plays in the sand and swims in the ocean. Not a bad beginning of childhood!
    x2pdz7.jpg

1zmh0s9.jpg

"Raising a baby wasn't that hard," Connie says when they return home. "What do you think, shall we try for another one?"
    23pmja.jpg

Paul is all for it, but it doesn't work.
    2lcoiv4.jpg

While everybody is asleep, the music suddenly gets creepy. A burglar!
    whjoy0.jpg

She creeps up to the house...
    bf3rm8.jpg

...opens the door...
    zlfebc.jpg

... but the alarm starts blaring. Desmond wakes up and comes to see what's happening, completely unafraid.
    k9uuxe.jpg

The police arrives.
    11wdbnq.jpg

The policewoman thinks the burglar is attractive ...
    2vs2j45.jpg

... but she still beats and apprehends her.
    2zheiaf.jpg

jqg66b.jpg

It is already dawn when the burglar is taken away.
    w8tkdj.jpg

Desmond goes to school for the first time.
    jubtao.jpg

This gives me a chance to take a look at Desmond's generation of townies. Some of them are Langeraks and McIrishes, related to Connie's ex and their daughter.
    5zp747.jpg

Desmond does his first homework.
    2iueqgp.jpg

Paul is tired but happy - he has achieved his lifetime wish and become a World Renowned Surgeon!
    120p6w7.jpg

When Paul was a teen and his father achieved the highest rank in the firefighter job, Paul thought it was so lame how his dad was showing off his new uniform.
    2vaf9n9.jpg

Well, now Paul is doing the exact same thing!
    jf9oyc.jpg

Connie doesn't mind. She loves this new look.
    2e216c9.jpg

In fact, she suggests wearing wearing the uniform to bed.
    2hqcf1z.jpg

They were going to work on another baby anyway!
    2gsr6uo.jpg

But it's not just about having a cool uniform -- Paul often gets emergency calls during the night, and stays at work until dawn.
    2j1o75j.jpg

In the meantime, Connie skills up in guitar and painting.
    1xxj7t.jpg

This painting looks a little like Desmond!
    34qr9qa.jpg

1072lx2.jpg

The weekend comes. A nice family brunch, thanks to the Set The Table And Call To Meal mod.
    ibck88.jpg

Eleanor comes over. She has surprised me again: she has quit her self-employed musician job and started working at the Doo Peas Corporate Tower.
    2dvo8z4.jpg

The family goes to the swimming pool together.
    4lkaqu.jpg

2hz7q7n.jpg

But a doctor can never completely relax! A lady gets ill in the bathroom, and needs urgent medical help.
    35n4pav.jpg

"You will be all right, Madam. Just take this enormous pill."
    91f9n8.jpg

The next day Paul does something unusual for him - goes for a drink in the nightclub, because a job opportunity requires him to meet new people. This time the mixologist gets ill and needs his help.
    23r2smt.jpg

The household funds are over 100,000 again, so I finally start working on the legacy house.
    2nu6gdy.jpg

34pxrgn.jpg

When the family wakes up the next day, their future home is built, although not yet furnished. (I enjoy building, but I'm not at all good at it. The wonderful sea view will be the most important feature of that house, though!
    b6zebk.jpg
    edited October 2015
    LOL, We start creating houses in a similar way!!
    It looks awesome outside. I bet it'll be great inside. They deserve it!
    Thank you, @thuggishsplicer ! So you start building with a "floor plan" made out of floors, too? :smiley:
    Yeah! I use the floors to plan the spaces and the position of the house in the lot before building. I also prefer houses without foundation. They're cool for decks, but they're a pain in the neck if you want to build a basement (at least, for me). I love the modern style!
  • AEventyrAEventyr Posts: 702 Member
    I tend to use the different (free wood style) floor coverings to help differentiate which room will be which while building, and also go to eplans or another real life home plan site for layout inspirations. Over time I've gotten better at using decks and foundation, but then again I always forget about a basement anyway. Yours looks awesome!
    Thank you, @AEventyr !

My house is going to have a basement too -- I would like at least one generation to try nectar-making.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Love your legacy. It's interesting to see the second generation of the various residents. I really like Paul and Eleanor. I'd like to hear more of what's happening with her. Great idea of putting a resort on the waterfall lot.
    edited October 2015
    Thank you, @cwaddell ! And yes, it's fascinating to see what the townies do when left on their own and what their second and third generations look like! For example, in my game Mortimer Goth and Bella Bachelor had a (very troubled) relationship and had two children together, but they never got married, and the name Goth died out with Mortimer.
    A short update in which nothing happens, just to show what the furnished parts of the new Bluejay house look like. I started working on it while Desmond was at school and Paul was at work, and I sent Connie to the art museum because she wished to visit it.
    dvqa87.jpg

She even played guitar for tips at the museum.
    x0w8xx.jpg

This is the art studio for Connie on the third floor.
    2gvkenc.jpg

The kitchen - in the future I will add a vegetable garden outside it and a nectar cellar under it:
    2j2w3e1.jpg

One by one, the family came home to their new house.
    5evjgx.jpg

n3uj6.jpg

This is the home-office area in the master bedroom.
    2500bx5.jpg

Connie using her art studio.
    xnr8z8.jpg

Desmond's room - he's athletic, disciplined and daredevil, so I made it as sporty as I could:
    2h6xch3.jpg

ixclxw.jpg

Eleanor spontaneously came to visit the first night, and Paul invited her to stay over. I took this picture to show that George Bluejay's firefighter jacket is hanging in the hallway, and while taking it realised that I forgot to put lights in the hallway. Oops!
    2ho8i2h.jpg

This is my favourite part of the house: a reading corner with a view in the master bedrrom.
    m9njag.jpg

288xctl.jpg

20qkvo6.jpg

The library. It has empty displays for relics -- now all we need is a relic collector!
    28bd7bo.jpg

1scbb8.jpg

The house from the outside at dawn...
    zxwmmv.jpg

... and the other side, which looks unfinished because I haven't done any landscaping yet. Connie is already awake and painting in the studio.
    902arr.jpg
    Cookies for you! Creating a house from scratch is such a pain in the neck! I never like what I do.
    The interiors are spacious and cozy and the exterior is modern. It fits Sunset Valley perfectly.
    It's time for Desmond's birthday and, luckily, it's Paul's day off from work! When it's time for Desmond to arrive home from school, Connie invites Lawanda and Eleanor over.
    14j1fg7.jpg

All three arrive at the same time and meet on the lawn.
    x0r810.jpg

Time to blow out the candles!
    elsli.jpg

1t6d0l.jpg

2h2fdpi.jpg

I gave him the adventurous trait -- I'm hoping he will get a level-three visa for Egypt and leave a nice vacation home on the banks of the Nile as his legacy for the next generations.
    Maybe that's the reason the game gave him World Adventures clothes. I like them, but I would prefer to save them for adventuring!
    27ybp0n.jpg

The family enjoys the cake...
    ou5us3.jpg

... and Desmond changes his clothes and hair before going to sleep.
    juio1h.jpg

Quality time with his dad the next day.
    2j17ccy.jpg

1rclqa.jpg

Connie works on her guitar skill in the meantime.
    2vrs591.jpg

A new day.
    besf3d.jpg

Desmond comes home from school with a new friend, Jeffry Andrews. He is giving him a suspicious look in this picture, as if asking "How come you're taller than me? I didn't think that was possible in this game!"
    1z2op5u.jpg

"I hate geography!" Jeffry says while they are doing homework. Desmond is offended.
    "Shut up, geography is cool! I'm going to travel around the world someday."
    2gxfhp5.jpg

Meanwhile, Desmond's mum is working on a Mondrian-style painting.
    2zf0tts.jpg

Jeffry stays for supper. He shares the athletic trait with Desmond, and if he keeps his opinions on geography to himself in the future, they might become good friends!
    312yarn.jpg

Paul is called to the hospital for an emergency that night. He is exhausted at the end of the shift.
    4i0das.jpg

It's your birthday, Paul! If you wish so, this may be your last day of work!
    szhkdw.jpg

It's Saturday, and the family goes to the Chinese restaurant to celebrate a double birthday. (Neither Eleanor nor Lawanda could make it this time.)
    25ujifo.jpg

Connie's birthday is only a day after Paul's, so they are celebrating together.
    29c4c37.jpg

Connie's face is so hilarious in this picture.
    5z38ee.jpg

Ready?
    25ano6v.jpg

This is the look the game gives Paul...
    2cel1fr.jpg

... and Connie.
    9lfm09.jpg

But they are not ready to look so old so fast. While the other guests are eating cake, Paul and Connie in turn visit the dresser and mirror I have placed in the restaurant.
    2wg83nc.jpg

There! A serious gentleman and a chic granny.
    9h27fa.jpg

(Story Progression informed me that Lawanda was pregnant, so Connie will actually be a granny in a few days.)
    xqhrsz.jpg

"Connie, Chinese restaurants are very nice, but I think we should visit the real China. What do you think?"
    idr5gg.jpg

"Yes! Yes, I would love to!"
    35mfj9i.jpg

2q15s2a.jpg

The next morning, their trip to Shang Simla is booked.
    "Ready, Connie?"
    2mx1zlj.jpg

"Ready!"
    1216aom.jpg

k3ah4m.jpg

There would be no adventuring -- this is a second honeymoon.
    103aqhf.jpg

They both work on their skills (and Paul is pleased to see that Chinese firefighters wear the same uniform as his dad)...
    2uj7c69.jpg

... they try local food...
    ei760g.jpg

... shop for souvenirs...
    4iddlg.jpg

... and just generally relax and enjoy life.
    2urny9s.jpg