Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Minor town jobs unlock

BirdyBirdy Posts: 91 Member
edited August 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I would like for the minor jobs around town to be unlocked. Jobs like personal trainer, bartender, yoga instructor, massage therapist. Is there anyway to make these into...I don't know Freelancing jobs oh oh oh and repairman(almost forgot that one). Toilets and TVs are constantly breaking and I think being able to have some of your sims do freelance work would add a new element to the game. Sims call you up and request your services you go to the lot complete the task and make a few simolenos, just an idea. I wonder where I can request this to be a mod if EA wont do it....PLEASE DO IT!

Comments

• Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I have a played sim with 10 handiness that visits lots and upgrades their stuff and then I use the ask for loan interaction to get paid. Sometimes he even gets to repair stuff!

I have used mods to take it a little further. For example, if I play a household where a load of things break, then I invite my handy sim to the current lot, shift-click him and then add him to the household. Happens straight away, no loading screen.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    That is a great idea. I think I will try that. Maybe I can just use the money cheat to pay the sim that will do the freelance work. Thanx for the awesome idea Osprey.
  • Options
    nutmeg0816nutmeg0816 Posts: 13 New Member
    I would love this! They really could have put a lot more in the Get to Work job wise. It would also be interesting to play a maid. I would just like more choices all around! Does anyone know if you go to a spa with the wellness skill high enough to give massages can you give them to people? I know they wouldn't pay, but still wondering.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    nutmeg0816 wrote: »
    I would love this! They really could have put a lot more in the Get to Work job wise. It would also be interesting to play a maid. I would just like more choices all around! Does anyone know if you go to a spa with the wellness skill high enough to give massages can you give them to people? I know they wouldn't pay, but still wondering.

I do the same for my played neat and gardening sims. Neat sim is my played maid and she visits lots and cleans, just like my handyman. I have found my gardener good fun to play as she can plant stuff, evolve plants, take cuttings etc on her neighbours lots.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    nutmeg0816 wrote: »

Oh, and yes, you can give massages, aromatherapy to people once you have unlocked the wellness skill. With new EP, you will be able to formalise these groups of sims - eg. a wellness group.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Now I am even more excited for the up coming expansion. It seems so very far away but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
  • Options
    Birdy wrote: »
    Now I am even more excited for the up coming expansion. It seems so very far away but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

I have spent ages building my own little group system which I track in a notebook and this new EP will allow me to stop doing that - hooray! I have never really followed the games direction as such, but really I kinda try to see how far I can bend it to my will. I do have sims that attend work on a regular basis and sims with A grade in school, etc, but they are not the norm in my world.

I have a lot of unemployed sims as I can then play them all day in whatever way I like :) I do the same with my kids and teens, most are just average C students, a few with Ds and a couple with Fs, who are really good fun to play as they just skip school :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @ModerateOsprey I thought children are taken away for bad grades?? I seen a mod to stop it so I just assumed if your children got bad grades they would be taken away so I always make them do homework.
  • Options
    @ModerateOsprey I thought children are taken away for bad grades?? I seen a mod to stop it so I just assumed if your children got bad grades they would be taken away so I always make them do homework.

Oh, I send 'em sometimes - just enough to stop that happening. I look at their whims during the morning and make decisions from there!
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    Worth adding that are some little mechanics in the game to help sims skip school/work without incurring a penalty, but am hesitant to tell you in case you want to discover them yourself!
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    I would love to know!
  • Options
    I would love to know!

Well, the obvious one is calling in fake sick..on the phone, but you can also up your programming skills and hack your school grades :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Oh wow i didn't know you could hack school grades. Thanx for all the info Osprey, I am going to try all of the things you mention in your posts :)