Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod Conflict Detector for The Sims 4

Not sure who all has seen it yet, but it is a must have for any of you players that use mods.

Mod Conflict Detector by DmitryMalfatto and Mod the Sims will weed out any duplicate or bad CC in your S4 mods folder!

Go check it out!
Website | Tumblr | Origin ID: SrslySims

Comments

• LittleMeow93LittleMeow93 Posts: 63 Member
    This will be super helpful. Thanks. :)
    Origin Name: LittleMeow93
    flag-australia.png
  • SomaSinSomaSin Posts: 92 Member
    No problem! It helped my tons, took out so much lag in my game with the duplicate CC I had.
  • mau_greenmau_green Posts: 139 Member
    Thank you for sharing :) Very helpful for simmers like me that have tons of CC :)
  • Zoltank66Zoltank66 Posts: 19 New Member
    Thanks for posting this! I could really use one of these now; I just wrapped up 3 hours of manually moving around mods to find just 1 broken one. This will definitely come in handy.
    Only thing I have to say about it, is if you have a large amount. like lets say 5GB? Cut in in half and scan it. Because It will time out and crash if you have to much CC to sort through at one time.
  • sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    One thing, with regards to CC -- It seems to find errors if you have recolors or gender/age swapped CC. I have several CC hairstyles that have niksims recolors, and for each of them it tells me there's a conflict. I'm fairly sure those are false positives. (Also some clothing recolors, skin options, etc.) I checked to make sure they weren't actually duplicate files (they weren't), and nothing has ever given an error. Still, I'm not completely sure it's a false positive, as there could be something going on below the surface I don't know about!
    I bet that is because the items were made with old versions of Sims4Studio. Some of that content shows false positives.
  • taatelimiestaatelimies Posts: 105 Member
    Thanks! I'll have to try this. Seeing how my cc folder keeps growing alarmingly fast every day, I'm sure this will be helpful :)
    Origin ID: pinkb4tman | PSN: otttoe
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    sabreene wrote: »
    One thing, with regards to CC -- It seems to find errors if you have recolors or gender/age swapped CC. I have several CC hairstyles that have niksims recolors, and for each of them it tells me there's a conflict. I'm fairly sure those are false positives. (Also some clothing recolors, skin options, etc.) I checked to make sure they weren't actually duplicate files (they weren't), and nothing has ever given an error. Still, I'm not completely sure it's a false positive, as there could be something going on below the surface I don't know about!
    Had the same issue. Not with all recolors, I believe it was just for those that require to have the original mesh. So I kept those in, saw no reason to remove it :)
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    Many "recolours"/"conversions" contain a lot of duplicate files, so I don't think that would be a false positive -- however, when those are actual duplicates (1:1 copies of the original file) it won't be a problem for your game. It doesn't make a difference whether it's using, say, the bumpmap for some hairstyle from the actual game files or from one of the copies in the Mods folder .. the only issue with that is that those packages are much larger than they would need to be. And that it'll break any overrides you are trying to use.
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    pbox wrote: »
    Many "recolours"/"conversions" contain a lot of duplicate files, so I don't think that would be a false positive -- however, when those are actual duplicates (1:1 copies of the original file) it won't be a problem for your game. It doesn't make a difference whether it's using, say, the bumpmap for some hairstyle from the actual game files or from one of the copies in the Mods folder .. the only issue with that is that those packages are much larger than they would need to be. And that it'll break any overrides you are trying to use.

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. I so wish this wasn't an issue as I just can't live without some recolors. I am very picky about downloads that have a mesh requirement so I hope my game will be ok. Btw, love you stuff @pbox , I think I have mostly everything :D
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
    edited August 2015
    Maybe this kind of tool (there is another conflict detection tool here btw -- it's different from the one this thread is about and has a much smaller scope atm, but as I understand it they can complement each other) will also help creators to understand better what their own packages contain, so pointless duplicates will become less of an issue in the future. We'll see. Unfortunately there seem to be a lot of tutorials telling people to make full clones of everything, so one can't really blame the creators.

ETA: also, I forgot to say -- if you have "gender swapped CC" that works by overriding the original CASP with a unisex one (that won't always work, but for child clothing/hair or accessories it usually does) then that might also show up as "conflict". Don't know if overrides count as "conflict" in the eyes of that tool, but if they do they would be "conflicting" on purpose since that's how overrides work .. replace an in-game thing with something different, rather than add a new thing.
    Post edited by pbox on
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    It say me broken mod at all MC Command Center modules
  • Zoltank66Zoltank66 Posts: 19 New Member
    I've been testing out this tool, and it does work pretty well. It showed me a couple conflicting mods that I had, and also picked up on a bad cc item I placed in the folder to test if it would be recognized by the scan.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    It say me broken mod at all MC Command Center modules

I don't think it's working on Script Mods yet. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, somebody.

As a PACKAGE conflict detector, mad props...

I'm just chilling, waiting to see if he adds scripts support to what it can do. It's pretty new, anything is possible.
    I just took a quick look and for me it simply flagged everything .zip as broken (zipped packages too, which are totally harmless as the game does not even recognise them). So yeah, this is really only useful for packages.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any further info on what exactly is conflicting when it finds a conflict (either that or I don't find it?) -- when one's interested in that, it might make sense to check again with scumbumbo's tool (what I linked above) since that will identify each resource that conflicts with something else, not just the package it's in.
  • cfraser10cfraser10 Posts: 41 Member
    > I don't think it's working on Script Mods yet. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, somebody.
    >
    > As a PACKAGE conflict detector, mad props...
    >
    > I'm just chilling, waiting to see if he adds scripts support to what it can do. It's pretty new, anything is possible.

I think you are right. The only files that the application said were "unable to check" were script mods. I commented about it on his mod the sims page, so maybe/hopefully the creator knows a way to check those and just didn't leave instructions?
    pbox wrote: »
    I just took a quick look and for me it simply flagged everything .zip as broken (zipped packages too, which are totally harmless as the game does not even recognise them). So yeah, this is really only useful for packages.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any further info on what exactly is conflicting when it finds a conflict (either that or I don't find it?) -- when one's interested in that, it might make sense to check again with scumbumbo's tool (what I linked above) since that will identify each resource that conflicts with something else, not just the package it's in.

I have Scumbumbo's version on my Toolbar. It's *that* cool! (And I added it when it saw something Dmitri's didn't, BTW.)

And @pbox you're right, if Dmitri's tells you anything like what's conflicting... I don't know where to find that info, either. Believe me, I looked!
    Just mentioning, I saw recent updates to both of these Mod Conflict Detectors today at MTS.
  • professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    Thanks for the heads up @egwarhammer
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    I LOVE THIS DETECTOR.
    I dont have broken mods/ccs but it really helps.