Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you haven't seen sims 4 at gamescom... (They spent just over 5 mins there)

Hiya simmers :)
So if you haven't yet seen sims 4 at gamescom, don't worry there's a video of their full presentation just over 5 mins long.

That's the vid and it's basicly Rachel Franklin (aka simgururachel) being overly enthusiastic and embarrassing herself a little as she announces the new expansion for November this year. I think she did a good job of presenting it.
feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!

Comments

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    A good job?! :D

If a presenter resorts to dancing as a time filler than no, that wasn't a good presentation.

Since there wasn't a lot to talk about that was new in the EP the time had to be filled with something.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    emmaning wrote: »
    So if you haven't yet seen sims 4 at gamescom, don't worry there's a video of their full presentation just over 5 mins long.

That's the vid and it's basicly Rachel Franklin (aka simgururachel) being overly enthusiastic and embarrassing herself a little as she announces the new expansion for November this year. I think she did a good job of presenting it.
    Video isn't working.
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    emmaning wrote: »

Video isn't working.

Sorry if it isn't working for you. Here's the link to watch it: http://image.dhgate.com/albu_279523011_00/1.0x0.jpg
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    edited August 2015
    @windweaver @Astro
    I think the trailer was not good in selling the product, I would do different.

I would tell a story with a sim/you alone sitting in empty oasis spring lol then you travel to windeburg and all magic starts to happen, beach bonfire parties, exciting coffee shops/you meet friends in the pub with similar interests and you find a magical ruin/pond/rural/farm area and your circle of friends start growing, you make groups rivals to yours and your life seems more full and exciting because friends are forever :) Would be from arid, sad, lonely daily life to magical rich friend heart warming days.

The trailer was kinda messed, no storyline.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    I am sorry, I just had to point out that Rachel Franklin is an mature woman and she decides to party with young adults.... now thats concerning

#midlifecrisis
    That made me laugh. :D

GaiaPuma wrote: »
    @windweaver @Astro
    I think the trailer was not good in selling the product, I would do different.

I would tell a story with a sim/you alone sitting in empty oasis spring lol then you travel to windeburg and all magic starts to happen, beach bonfire parties, exciting coffee shops/you meet friends in the pub with similar interests and you find a magical ruin/pond/rural/farm area and your circle of friends start growing, you make groups rivals to yours and your life seems more full and exciting because friends are forever :) Would be from arid, sad, lonely daily life to magical rich friend heart warming days.

The trailer was kinda messed, no storyline.
    It wasn't just the trailer, it was the fact that the went halfway across the world to just show the trailer and do that shoddy presentation.

You would've thought they'd at least talk about Kool Kitchen to.
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited August 2015
    Not to mention she pasted "her" sim over one of the sims from the pack expansion teaser picture XD

But honestly, joking aside, it looks pretty interesting. It's still being worked on so we can't say for certain what all it'll have yet but I'm looking forward to it. She did a fine job of speaking, that's nerve racking as heck. Pfff, if I could fill half my school presentation speeches with dancing. I would :l In a heartbeat. >_>
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    MaryJos wrote: »
    It's as if people forget this is a game... Suppose to be fun you know... She did her best... It's not a presentation like when I have to present some numbers to my co-workers or clients... Sheesh...
    She didn't even take it seriously. I mean really, dancing?

I doubt there was any other presentation at Gamescom that had the presenter dance to fill up time.
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    I used ro enjoy the presentations during the Sims 3 run even liked the the videos they came up with before Sims 4 was released. But something has changed and not in a good way. I hope it gets better for them I hope they can eventually do something that doesn't come off overly silly and I don't know maybe more informative.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I saw this here http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/get-together-expansion?utm_campaign=sims4-social-global-ic-tw-ts4-gettogetherbloggc-tw-prev-site-sust&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=sims4-social-global-ic-tw-ts4-gettogetherbloggc-tw-prev-site-sust&cid=41654&ts=1438881060082&sf39527817=1

"Your Sims will be able to join different Clubs, each with their own interests, personalities, and styles. They have defined behaviours that dictate how they tend to act, including how they treat other Sims, and what they do or don't like to do. There will be a variety of Clubs waiting for your Sims when you first load up the expansion pack, but you’re also able to create and customize your own. You can set their requirements, decide what behaviours they have, choose their preferred hang outs, and even give them distinct rewards."

Could this mean you could actually have a Mean Girls club?

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • lsarm55lsarm55 Posts: 103 Member
    people here can be so condescending to the SimGurus who are women. It's kind of worrying, tbh
  • eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    lsarm55 wrote: »
    people here can be so condescending to the SimGurus who are women. It's kind of worrying, tbh

She shouldn't have done that stupid dance..do you think that made us women look good? No. it made our sims game look like a stupid game for girls who don't have much brains.......I mean did you see any of the "manly" games having dancing? No! >.< And yes I'm a woman. lol
    353235_b.jpg
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    it made our sims game look like a stupid game for girls who don't have much brains...
    So true.
    I wish I had more space in my sig to squeeze this in.

• SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    I am sorry, I just had to point out that Rachel Franklin is an mature woman and she decides to party with young adults.... now thats concerning

#midlifecrisis

That probably explains why she didn't want kids in the game because she is too 'young' for that!

ooh men.. ouch. You got her right there xD
  • RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    MaryJos wrote: »
    It's as if people forget this is a game... Suppose to be fun you know... She did her best... It's not a presentation like when I have to present some numbers to my co-workers or clients... Sheesh...