Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 006 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    House so far:
    9UYV99L.png
    You can do a lot with 75k. I have tons of money left over still...but all I have done is the shell.
    That house looks soooo nice!!! & it was PERFECTLY fine 2 start spending & building right away...the money u start with....u can do whatever your lil' heart desires! I rather like all the brick!
    It has nothing in it yet but I don't think this generation is going to be sleeping on park benches.
    Ha ha ha...won't this b a change from the norm?! I hope u enjoy having a lil' bank this time :smile:
    So far, my stories just seem to be going along with these challenges..I believe it is because V has really thought these out. Way to go V.
    :blush:

Awe @kerpleenket U REALLY REALLY hope that u didn't just lose everything :(@Glimmer50 has some really good things 2 try 1st before u re-install. I'll cross my fingers that it all works out 4 ya!!

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    I don't know why but I'm not enjoying this one very much. Maybe because I'm starting out with a roof over my head, it seems so weird to me compared to the other challenges. I know I could have started with the $0 one but i really doubt I could have won the challenge playing it that way. I think it would have helped to just build a smaller living space first and then expanded out as they had kids and got more money. The house just feels too big and empty right now.

I love your ideas and am grateful for this challenge @Vihisha and please don't take it as an insult but this one just isn't growing on me...maybe I'm just not going about it the right way or it'll get better once they start having kids.

• Options
    No insults taken @MocaJava I realize that this house mini-challenge is QUITE the step away from the normal Drifter Challenge start. It was an attempt @ slowing things down & lifting restrictions since the past 5 challenges have been quite taxing.
    Try moving in a whole slew of Sims...u have full control over all of them...have fun playing multiple Sims & exploring jobs or activities that weren't possible in houses past :smile: Just because u choose an option that comes w/a hefty purse....doesn't mean that u need 2 build them a big living space right off the bat.
    The challenge here really is money management & pushing 2 get that $350k house 4 the aspiration. IF u had picked the $0 starting, I'd have warned that it's going 2 b an all out grind...moving in the max amount of Sims @ any given time & replacing as they pass on. I don't know how many Sim days you've been playing, but the tables can turn quite quickly when the bills start pouring in.
    It may not b "growing on u" just yet as it really is a different feel compared 2 previous houses. I don't expect every house mini-challenge 2 b loved by everyone...I'm just attempting 2 help everyone really experience this game through a variety of angles & give some parameters along the way.
    So in all seriousness...if it's not your thing....no harm no foul :smiley:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »
    I don't know why but I'm not enjoying this one very much. Maybe because I'm starting out with a roof over my head, it seems so weird to me compared to the other challenges. I know I could have started with the $0 one but i really doubt I could have won the challenge playing it that way. I think it would have helped to just build a smaller living space first and then expanded out as they had kids and got more money. The house just feels too big and empty right now.

I love your ideas and am grateful for this challenge @Vihisha and please don't take it as an insult but this one just isn't growing on me...maybe I'm just not going about it the right way or it'll get better once they start having kids.

If you want to start out small and build as you go then why don't you do that? You can even build a tiny starter house in one corner of the lot and build your mansion alongside it. Don't allow anyone to move in until it is done...OR you can also just live in the little house and wait till you have the cash and then build the big one to complete the aspiration. Lots of people do the challenge that way in "one room challenge" because things depreciate so in all reality it is better to just save the money and spend it all at once.

OR you can not allow your Sims to build anything until they have at least 150k or something. Make your own restrictions. Just because you have money doesn't mean you have to let them spend it. Anyway, just throwing some stuff out there to try for you so maybe you can enjoy it more.

I love building so I couldn't wait to start but I realize that is not everyone's cup of tea. Some like being poor always at first so make your Sims EARN the 75K...you know like do penance for it. LOL..Buy them a camping set and make them live off the land until they have 350K, then build your mansion all at once...another option.

Hope you find a way to enjoy this challenge. :) Oh and another option: There are like tons and tons of shells out there to download and decorate if building is not something you want to do. Just search #unfurnished. You could put one you really like in your gallery and wait until your Sims have earned it to buy it...You can always give them the 75k at the very end of the challenge...no rules saying you HAVE to give it to them right away. There is just the option to start off with it if you want.

Anyway, just trying to help. I like to see people having fun. Hope something works for you. Happy Simming. :)
  • Options
    kerpleenketkerpleenket Posts: 213 Member
    I fixed it, for now at least. It was some CC I downloaded. I had to weed it out though, so it took a while. In the end I just ended up deleting a bunch of CC. Anyway, game works and I can go ahead and play again! Not sure when I will have the time though. Hubby and I spent the day in the mountains yesterday without the kids, and my littlest is super clingy whiny since I've been back. It's gonna be a long day!
    Origin ID: Emmblie
  • Options
    I fixed it, for now at least. It was some CC I downloaded. I had to weed it out though, so it took a while. In the end I just ended up deleting a bunch of CC. Anyway, game works and I can go ahead and play again! Not sure when I will have the time though. Hubby and I spent the day in the mountains yesterday without the kids, and my littlest is super clingy whiny since I've been back. It's gonna be a long day!

Yaay @kerpleenket SO happy you got your game to work. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Glad to hear your game is ok @kerpleenket !

Ok, this challenge is starting to grow on me...I think it just threw me for a loop because of how different it is from the other ones. I'm going to beat this on normal easy...may try the next level up after I'm done.

Going to take a small break and play a bit on my Uglacy..Randolf and Mitchell are expecting again! Twins!! Pray for the future gene pool of their town! :D
    Post edited by MocaJava on
  • Options
    I fixed it, for now at least. It was some CC I downloaded. I had to weed it out though, so it took a while. In the end I just ended up deleting a bunch of CC. Anyway, game works and I can go ahead and play again!
    Yeay!! SUPER glad about this! Hope u had a wonderful time out in nature =) Yesterday my Tiny Human was into EVERYTHING...I haven't been so excited 4 bed in a long time LOL :wink:
    Ok, this challenge is starting to grow on me...I think it just threw me for a loop because of how different it is from the other ones. I'm going to beat this on normal easy...may try the next level up after I'm done.
    Nice 2 hear, Moca! Have fun playing that Uglacy...that's gotta' b interesting seeing what all the kids turn out like :p

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    So Maddie and Clark have three kids. The heir, Dayton, named after Maddie's father:
    oY1EhZz.png

The twins, named after Maddie's mother and Uncle, who were twins themselves. First Adam:
    MsN1wLG.png

And Christina:
    7CKn6Ag.png
    I'm a bit disappointed none of them got Maddie's skin, but they're only 1/4 alien so...

Normal proved to be way too easy...very close to having enough money for the house.
  • Options
    Awe how cool...lovin' their kids!
    Normal proved to be way too easy...very close to having enough money for the house.
    Hence why there were multiple options this time around..u could choose how much of a challenge u wanted :smiley:

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Glad to hear your game is ok @kerpleenket !

Going to take a small break and play a bit on my Uglacy..Randolf and Mitchell are expecting again! Twins!! Pray for the future gene pool of their town! :D

I know this is a bit off topic but I downloaded Randolf and made him a girl friend:
    xUZwtgV.jpg

I also changed Randolfs hair because I just liked this style on him better. Plus changed his eye color to green. I think hers are purple..not sure. I also changed their last name to Buttons:
    Pc1Z3xZ.jpg

Anyway, just thought they were funny looking. Annie the girl friend was made using Handsome Noble which you can download off my gallery since the original creator lost him due to a computer crash. I used play with genetics and made him a sister LOL.

I haven't had time to play much. Just made these people and built them a house which I will make them earn. The house is freaking awesome. I love it. When I get it decorated I will let you all know and load it in case you want to see it. So, I need to stop building and start playing but sometimes I get in these building moods.

Okay off to try to become rich for once....It will be a new experience for me as I have never had money in the Sims before. Mine are always poor and struggling. Then when they finally make it I become bored and move on to another save. The Drifter Challenge has cured me of that thank goodness. I don't have 20 saves no more LOL.
  • Options
    @Glimmer50 aww so glad to see Randolf getting some love! I hope @vihisha doesn't mind me straying off topic for a minute here too. Here's Randolf and Mitchell's kids. The oldest, Nina:

qYsSHw5.png
    It's not as obvious from the front but from the side you can really tell she got Randolf's nose.

The twins, first Carlton:
    BTOiREH.png
    Like his older sister he didn't get hit with the ugly stick too hard...but we'll see the full damage when he ages up.

And now...Lila. Poor, poor Lila
    hwvmQaM.png
    She got the worst of it I think, though she did end up with a decent nose.
  • Options
    Originally I started out on standard, and got entirely too carried away with building a super awesome house. lol Once I realized that my bills were over 5,000 I took a step back to reevaluate my situation. I ended up saving that game for later, and started over.

This time I've started on difficult.

Again, we have Dahlia (heir)
    xEo64AX.png

Malakai (roommate)
    S0anr6A.png

As the story goes, Dahlia's parents bought her house as a graduation gift.

It's a pretty decent size for a starter home with four small bedrooms and one bathroom.
    Mzit0Fa.png
    OmsJtpJ.png
    4dZdQ33.png

Dahlia just started off in the writer career track, and hopes to some day be a journalist. Malakai is in the detective career tack.

One day Dahlia met a woman looking for a place to live for her and her younger teen brother. Pulling at her heartstrings, Dahlia invited them to move in.

Lisa Rodriek (new roommate)
    0LKkeVY.png

Vincenzo Rodriek (new roommate)
    m0hadFi.png

Lisa is a painter, and her brother Vinny does manual labor when not in school.
  • Options
    @kerpleenket I love that cute little house! I know what you mean about getting carried away with building a big house at first, I did it too and I hate it. I almost have enough money (playing on normal mode) for the final house and the kids aren't even teens yet. I thought about starting over but I'm so close at this point I figure I'll just finish it off and make a separate save when I do the next difficulty up.
  • Options
    Originally I started out on standard, and got entirely too carried away with building a super awesome house. lol Once I realized that my bills were over 5,000 I took a step back to reevaluate my situation. I ended up saving that game for later, and started over.

Again, we have Dahlia (heir)
    xEo64AX.png

Malakai (roommate)
    S0anr6A.png

As the story goes, Dahlia's parents bought her house as a graduation gift.

It's a pretty decent size for a starter home with four small bedrooms and one bathroom.
    Mzit0Fa.png
    OmsJtpJ.png
    4dZdQ33.png

Dahlia just started off in the writer career track, and hopes to some day be a journalist. Malakai is in the detective career tack.

One day Dahlia met a woman looking for a place to live for her and her younger teen brother. Pulling at her heartstrings, Dahlia invited them to move in.

Lisa Rodriek (new roommate)
    0LKkeVY.png

Vincenzo Rodriek (new roommate)
    m0hadFi.png

Lisa is a painter, and her brother Vinny does manual labor when not in school.

LOVE Malakai...what a cutie. I hope him and Dahlia wind up dating..they would have cute kids. LOVE the house too. It has such an unique lay out. I always work from a floor plan but it looks like you just put that up. How creative. <3

Looks like you are making great progress. I am going off to play mine some more. Last time I played I started decorating. I have the kitchen, dining room and kitchen and one bedroom plus one bathroom done. I have a HUGE freaking house. 5 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms, a basement and an attic with a couple of rooms...not going to have a problem fitting in the required beds LOL. They don't even have jobs yet. I shudder at the bills. I might have to move in some Sims to help out with that. I shall see who they meet and of course inquire about a job LOL.

Okay I am all caught up on reading...off to play...
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    I've been busy this weekend but have finally found some time to post my first blog update for drifter house 006

08-06-15_6-40c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=543
    Hi I’m Brad Drifter and this is my very best friend in the whole world Andrea Torres. We hung out together in high school and she even dated my 2nd best buddy Tom. We became very close after her parents died in a tragic fire and then the next day my dad passed away. We just sorta cried on each other’s shoulder and consoled each other for the rest of the school year. Finally we graduated and my mom said I was an adult and needed to get out and learn the ways of the world … well Andrea had no where to go homeless without her parents, so we pulled our money together and just had enough for a large lot in the next neighborhood over. Here we are eating at the park down the street from our empty lot.

The rest of the update is on my blog: https://tammy329.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    @Glimmer50 the Buttons r freaking awesome LOL
    @MocaJava wow I think the best part is seeing how the kids turn out...what a riot!
    Mzit0Fa.png
    OmsJtpJ.png
    4dZdQ33.png
    It's hard NOt 2 build a huge awesome house FINALLY having Simoleons @ the beginning huh!? :wink:
    I love the house u built them...what a neat floor plan/design. I love the roofing etc. So much movement & fun on the exterior!
    I am going off to play mine some more. Last time I played I started decorating. I have the kitchen, dining room and kitchen and one bedroom plus one bathroom done. I have a HUGE freaking house. 5 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms, a basement and an attic with a couple of rooms...not going to have a problem fitting in the required beds LOL. They don't even have jobs yet. I shudder at the bills. I might have to move in some Sims to help out with that. I shall see who they meet and of course inquire about a job LOL.
    Wow...your house sounds big....as long as there's not a TON of things inside u just might get away w/bills that aren't REALLY bad heh Only time will tell tho :smile:

@tammyjo329 LOVE the update!!! They have a great (tho sad) background on them :smile:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Okay so my bills weren't too horrible because I didn't decorate much of the house. Just what they needed. I did move in her friend from the other house Kolton and his girlfriend Blake. Now, they both are making some money. I lucked out with Blake because she has a level 9 CEO job so that is helping with bills. Their electric has been shut off a couple of times but now they can at least come up with the money.

They are still collecting, painting and everything under the sun trying to stay ahead of depreciation. That is the real enemy. I am really not sure if they will make it LOL. But I always think that. I guess we will see. They did get the landscaping done. But now I am combating depreciation to get to 100k.

I will have to update my blog. I did write a draft last night but then realized I needed more pictures. Oh and Blake is pregnant and green so should be interesting to see their child. So that will be 5 people...still have room for at least one more person which I may hunt down someone else. Blake knows a bunch of folks..maybe I will move in her brother and pray he has a good job...if not then he can take care of the garden and fish and collect every single day. SO we can replace things that depreciate or something.

Anyway, things are interesting to be sure. Off to play some more.
  • Options
    They are still collecting, painting and everything under the sun trying to stay ahead of depreciation. That is the real enemy. I am really not sure if they will make it LOL. But I always think that. I guess we will see. They did get the landscaping done. But now I am combating depreciation to get to 100k.
    Glad 2 hear that the bills weren't 2 bad...but depreciation is a killer heh
    I can't wait 2 hear about Blake's child when that happens!
    Gotta' keep that money comin' in!!
    Happy Drifting @Glimmer50 :smiley:

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    They got past 100k and are now working on 200k. Blakes brother couldn't move in due to the fact he had a family so no way BUT her friend moved in with a awesome job. Level 10 hall of famer so between Blake and him they are making some good cash. I think Kolton is going to quit his little chef job and collect all day and tend the garden. I think we might make more cash. I really need to get more pictures. I noticed when I was posting my blog that my pictures are okay but I could use some more.
    Post edited by Glimmer50 on
  • Options
    House 006 is all updated. Chapter 1, 2 and 3. Nooo Boooo Pictures. Here is the link: https://glimmersims.wordpress.com/category/drifter-challenge/house-006/
  • Options
    @Glimmer50 Awesome & I LOVE your story so far...seriously...it's great!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    I know I said that I wasn't going to start over but normal mode was way too easy for me so I started over with difficult mode. Made a small bare-bones house so I'm much more comfortable than i was in that huge thing I built before. Maddie and her new husband (used a different guy because I forgot to save the household to my library) are expecting a daughter, I'll post pics when she ages up.
  • Options
    I'm slacking! I didn't really play at all the last couple of days. Instead, I spent my time making this!

KZojU59.jpg

I know, it's rough around the edges but super adorbs! It is my first attempt, and I'm not a pro with a sewing machine, but I can at least make things. This outfit is for my youngest. He'll be a year old in a few weeks, so this is his "cake smash" outfit. Picture it with cute baby gray suspenders also!

Anyway! I WISH I could take credit for the cute little house they are all dwelling in, but I downloaded it from gallery. However, I did most of the decorating. I should be able to get back to playing sometime today. I may be procrastinating a little bit, because it is kind of overwhelming playing all 5 sims I have living in the house right now, and a baby on the way! It's getting chaotic!
  • Options
    I know I said that I wasn't going to start over but normal mode was way too easy for me so I started over with difficult mode. Made a small bare-bones house so I'm much more comfortable than i was in that huge thing I built before. Maddie and her new husband (used a different guy because I forgot to save the household to my library) are expecting a daughter, I'll post pics when she ages up.

Silly question. But, how do you find out what you are having before you have it?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top