Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More YA & party stuff in new EP while other playing styles are ignored

I try not to fuss, but another YA & party stuff? Really? The basegame is full of it and I don't care for the party scene at all. I like to put bars in some homes or businesses or outside near pools at rich homes, but truth be told, my homes next to never have them. The closet is really all I care for in this. I'm sure there are great interactions, clothes, and hairstyles, but it is the very last thing I wanted or would ever dream they would put in. Are the devs. party mongers or teens, as they seem to be stuck on this subject really bad? And what a bad example for the young players; a game full of drinking and partying.

I wanted Seasons or Generations. Now, not only has it broken my dreams for some real gameplay that changes the game, but I find out it comes out in Nov. which breaks my dreams of getting an EP now and maybe getting one before Christmas. How horrible that the last Ep of the year has no real game play and isn't a huge game changer; just more of the same.

I probably still will get it because it will probably have nice interactions, clothes, hair, and those closets. But, I'm starting to only play this game a time or so a week when I use to play daily for hours. I gave this game huge breaks even after open world & toddlers were skimped on, but to get more YA & party stuff on top of what we have in the base game is really uninspired. If you were going to copycat yourselves, you could've at least done it with jobs. I would've rather had another career pack with the nanny, gardener for hire, house builder, and cake dancers at parties. I can only hope the gamepacks & stuff packs are worth it the rest of the year.

Comments

• Options
    Alyssia29Alyssia29 Posts: 128 Member
    I know... the partying part of the sims is the thing i have always played the less, it's just .. idk. To me it feels so fake i don't even like it. Imo this ep look reallllllly bad.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I agree but they are apparently announcing other stuff on Friday, so maybe hold out till then.
  • Options
    aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    Aren't the majority of content released for all sims games geared towards young adults/adults? Sure there are specialty packs every now and then geared towards kids or teens, but their not the main focus usually.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited August 2015
    aclavo wrote: »
    Aren't the majority of content released for all sims games geared towards young adults/adults? Sure there are specialty packs every now and then geared towards kids or teens, but their not the main focus usually.

It is and it was complained about nonstop in S3 store for a year or more. They had to know that people want diversity. And I could be wrong, but I don't think the majority of their customers are YA; I'm not. :)

• Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I agree but they are apparently announcing other stuff on Friday, so maybe hold out till then.

I didn't realize that. It really is awful that this is the last EP of the year, but maybe that will be something great. :)

• Options
    edited August 2015
    davina1221 wrote: »

It is and it was complained about nonstop in S3 store for a year or more. They had to know that people want diversity. And I could be wrong, but I don't think the majority of their customers are YA; I'm not. :)

Well, I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not the player is a young adult. In real life most experiences of note happen as YA/A; college, new career, finding themselves, dating, partying, getting married and maybe starting a family. That is why those life stages are the main target.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

I didn't realize that. It really is awful that this is the last EP of the year, but maybe that will be something great. :)

Yep there is a demo they will be showing. Hopefully it shows stuff that wasn't in the trailer.
  • Options
    paramournparamourn Posts: 375 Member
    I'm not a YA. I've been playing Sims since Sims 1. I was a young adult then, and I still didn't care for the party scene. They should be catering to those of us who have played Sims since the beginning and stop trying to push this game on the hipster party crowd by adding in a bunch of ridiculous "what's in now" crap.
  • Options
    paramourn wrote: »
    I'm not a YA. I've been playing Sims since Sims 1. I was a young adult then, and I still didn't care for the party scene. They should be catering to those of us who have played Sims since the beginning and stop trying to push this game on the hipster party crowd by adding in a bunch of ridiculous "what's in now" crap.

You know you don't have to do any of that, right?
  • Options
    jennemm75jennemm75 Posts: 309 Member
    Maybe it is not ignored but it is progressing how life would kind of progress. This theory is just Ep related not stuff packs or game pack. You start off basic. Then you have to get to work to create a foundation for your life. Then as a YA you go out and party, go to the beach trying to find your soul mate to get together with. Perhaps the next Ep will Get A Pet. Then Get a Family. Then your kids have to Get An Education. Perhaps they are progressing our sims, how lives progress?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Well, I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not the player is a young adult. In real life most experiences of note happen as YA/A; college, new career, finding themselves, dating, partying, getting married and maybe starting a family. That is why those life stages are the main target.

Spin it however you like but it's a fact this game has little to offer in gameplay unless you want to party hardy in the game. The others were fully rounded offering each age group and player style more to do in each EP having to do with their family Sims. This game fails on that front big time.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Main idea is that we already have party stuff and we are getting an Ep with more. I would rather have new content, which is why for the first time ever, I will probably wait a long time to get this one just to send a message and from what I'm seeing on the whole site, many feel the same way.
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    jennemm75 wrote: »
    Maybe it is not ignored but it is progressing how life would kind of progress. This theory is just Ep related not stuff packs or game pack. You start off basic. Then you have to get to work to create a foundation for your life. Then as a YA you go out and party, go to the beach trying to find your soul mate to get together with. Perhaps the next Ep will Get A Pet. Then Get a Family. Then your kids have to Get An Education. Perhaps they are progressing our sims, how lives progress?

If this is the case shouldn't university be next?
  • Options
    paramournparamourn Posts: 375 Member
    I don't do any of that. The problem is, there isn't anything new for family gameplay. I haven't touched the game longer than a half hour in months. You can only do the same thing over and over and over before you wonder why you are still playing it. It's hard for a family player to stay interested in the game when all the new content is only directed towards partying.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Cinebar wrote: »

Spin it however you like but it's a fact this game has little to offer in gameplay unless you want to party hardy in the game. The others were fully rounded offering each age group and player style more to do in each EP having to do with their family Sims. This game fails on that front big time.

It's no spin. I play single sims that do not party and I also play with families that spend time together on outings. So, where is the spin?

Also, I have all expansion packs and stuff packs for TS3 as well as the majority of the store and I still enjoy TS4 immensely.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yes. That is the main point of this discussion; they are leaving out different styles of playing to add more of the same. They have known for a year that change.org has a petition for families/toddlers that has thousands of names and have had pleanty of time to add an EP for the end of the year. No more am I believing that they don't have time; they just chose which direction they wanted to go. Meanwhile, I'm playing less and considering for the first time not buying.

• Options
    I don't do any of that. The problem is, there isn't anything new for family gameplay. I haven't touched the game longer than a half hour in months. You can only do the same thing over and over and over before you wonder why you are still playing it. It's hard for a family player to stay interested in the game when all the new content is only directed towards partying.

That is me. I played for hours a day at one time and I've really been giving S4 a real chance even with the bugs, which luckily I don't have many problems with, but I draw the line at getting only one play style that I really don't use and that we already have. If we didn't have much, then I would say nothing as I do understand that others like different play styles from me, but Party stuff has been done to death.

• Options
    axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
    i dont even think they care about our feelings/play style...Whatever they feel like creating (and is probably the easiest to make) they will. If they took one glance at the forums you could clearly see that pretty much 99% of players dont want a pure party EP...
    FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
  • Options

Yes. That is the main point of this discussion; they are leaving out different styles of playing to add more of the same. They have known for a year that change.org has a petition for families/toddlers that has thousands of names and have had pleanty of time to add an EP for the end of the year. No more am I believing that they don't have time; they just chose which direction they wanted to go. Meanwhile, I'm playing less and considering for the first time not buying.

Well, that is definitely a choice. I know I will be buying because I liked everything I've seen so far., which was the ability to do more social things. Don't know exactly where all the party talk is coming from. We had one stuff pack that included items that could be used for almost any venue for different purposes. But, to each is/her own.

That is me. I played for hours a day at one time and I've really been giving S4 a real chance even with the bugs, which luckily I don't have many problems with, but I draw the line at getting only one play style that I really don't use and that we already have. If we didn't have much, then I would say nothing as I do understand that others like different play styles from me, but Party stuff has been done to death.

What play style are you missing? I feel the game is open ended and can be played any way you like. I play both single sims and with families, so when people make certain statements I tend to get confused by this. Other than Generations in the TS3 the only other big content geared towards babies/toddlers were store items which people had to pay a hefty price for.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    axel1015 wrote: »
    i dont even think they care about our feelings/play style...Whatever they feel like creating (and is probably the easiest to make) they will. If they took one glance at the forums you could clearly see that pretty much 99% of players dont want a pure party EP...

Well, it may have went over better if the basegame didn't have a bar and was full of it. It does have some nice things like the closets, but nothing have to have. When I think of the diversity of content that hasn't touched S4 and the complaining that has gone on months before S4 was released, I don't understand their thinking. If I was running it, I would want to please the masses. There are groups wanting:

City buildings
    Seasons
    Generational Play
    Farming
    Different Cultures(it is my hope they do this as a gamepack for each culture so that they can do it right)
    Supernaturals
    Real Islands with real swimming and swimming features for pools like slides, floaties, ect.
    Cars and more open neighborhoods
    Goth stuff

I use to want Seasons or Generations, but any of that would've been better than this.

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    axel1015 wrote: »

They are a company obviously they don't care about our feelings, but do or should care for what we costumers need\want. I am interested in the pack though, but I do still need more info on it. I'm not spending 40€ on just a world and other small things like closets lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1