Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Excited for Get together!

Comments

• SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited November 2015
    You know, it kinda annoys me when people say they really dislike this pack, but those same people asked for group activities and more ways to bond with your family and friends. This pack is really needed and playing darts and arcade games is just so cool!

The club system seems really fleshed out and it looks like a lot of attention and thought went into it, I can't wait to try it out! I'm so going to make a cute place where my sims can bake and cook together and another club so she can swim and fitness with her friends. I even saw a "try out outfits" button which is adorable, girls night here we come!

Ugh, this pack is easily coming on a 10/10 rating for me! <3
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited November 2015
    You know, it kinda annoys me when people say really dislike this pack, but those people asked for group activities and more ways to bond with your family and friends. This pack is really needed and playing darts and arcade games is just so cool!

The club system seems really fleshed out and it looks like a lot of attention and thought went into it, I can't wait to try it out! I'm so going to make a cute place where my sims can bake and cook together and another club so she can swim and fitness with her friends.

I agree. The best part is that all kinds of playstyles will benefit from the club feature ( + the beautiful world). Not only party-players like me but also the extreme opposite --> family players (which is also the reason why I think the EP is so fantastic, it's really not that Party focused as the eps used to be formerly (Late Night, Night Life, University, House Party etc.).

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Still no sign of the woohoo bush. I want to see it in action :#
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »

LOL

Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »

Lol Me too!
  • Sergio1012ssSergio1012ss Posts: 53 Member
    The world looks AWESOME. I can't stop watching the trailer now :D
    tumblr_inline_npwyxvAG8u1tvmikg_500.gif
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    You know, it kinda annoys me when people say really dislike this pack, but those people asked for group activities and more ways to bond with your family and friends. This pack is really needed and playing darts and arcade games is just so cool!

The club system seems really fleshed out and it looks like a lot of attention and thought went into it, I can't wait to try it out! I'm so going to make a cute place where my sims can bake and cook together and another club so she can swim and fitness with her friends.

I agree. The best part is that all kinds of playstyles will benefit from the club feature ( + the beautiful world). Not only party-players like me but also the extreme opposite --> family players (which is also the reason why I think the EP is so fantastic, it's really not that Party focused as the eps used to be formerly (Late Night, Night Life, University, House Party etc.).

I agree completely. The menu lists look pretty big in terms of building the clubs.

I love what they've added for the pubs and bars for my single sims and I love what they've added in terms of being able to get children and teens together!
    My teen girls group who love to dance are going to be using that try on outfits as part of their group thing. We all know teen girls! LOL It's going to be fun and funny!
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    So, I just watched the trailer again and noticed there's a wishing well (near Erin's house, behind the flower wall thingy I mentioned before) :love:
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    Patch up on Origin, but no notes on the site yet.

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
    So many hints to find! Now i'm even more impatient to wait until the 8th of December!

latest?cb=20130928040210
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
    Found notes on SimsVIP:

❗ Remove all MODS and Custom Content before updating your game ❗

Update: 11/3/15 – PC Version 1.12.118.1020 / Mac Version 1.12.118.1220

Hey Trick and Treaters! Did your team win? Did your Sims trick, treat… or a little bit of both? I know what I wanted to win! I didn’t win…It’s alright though… I’ll… *sniff*… I’ll carry on. Maybe someday…

But wait, have you seen the Gummie Fish in your game yet? Or the Bonefish? No? Why are you reading this?! Go play now! Oh… but you only got one? I’ve heard rumors that Gummies and Bone fishies are natural enemies, and can often be found in the same fishing spots…

Well, I hope you had fun with the challenge. And now – The rewards!
    A new door, Edgar the Generous, offers lionhearted thanks to #TeamTreat, and can be found in the Buy catalog, eager to greet your friends and neighbors.
    The Gumber Fesh Bow is now available in the Buy catalog, with a lifetime supply of Gummie Fish to fill your bowls.
    The Ornate Beauty storage chest can be found in your Buy catalog. Open it up and let it store all of your collections for you.
    We also are going to say goodbye to the Trick and Treat interactions. Thank you for spending time with us… and maybe we’ll see you again.

But wait – is there more?
    We’ve heard tell that repairing is tedious, tiresome… now, you can call the Repair Service any time, day or night, to fix up your broken this and that’s… for a small fee of course.
    Found in the phone menu, the repair service will send over a speedy repair technician to quickly repair your brokenings.
    There are also new socials that are available on the repair person to gain Handiness skill for your handiless Sims.

We have also addressed a handful of issues (if you could figuratively hold a single issue upon a finger, then there is literally a handful of addressed issues in this release).
    We fixed an issue that could prevent the maid from arriving during their normally scheduled work hours, if they attempted to arrive for work on a weekend.
    Maids should now properly work their Mon-Fri shifts, and will no longer attempt to work overtime on the weekends.
    As we were introducing the repair service to the game, we noticed long periods of time where the repairperson would stand doing nothing – this also occurred for other repair services (such as the maid). We have adjusted the ‘do-nothingness’ for the service NPCs, and are happy with the lessening of the nothingness time.
    “Hey Bub? Fella?! HEY! BUB?! Hey! I’m paying your by the hour here fella!! BUB!?!”
    You can now remove a fish from a fish bowl if the power is off.
    Apparently our fish were afraid of the dark, and would cat clamp themselves to the sides of the fish bowl if you attempted to remove them when the power was off. We fixed this, and now you can shove as many fish as you want into your pockets regardless of power state.
    We addressed several foundation issues that would result in Sims being unable to properly route over foundations within some lots in Willow Creek.

EP01 Issues
    The Booking Station and Interrogation Table will now properly function even when they are not in their default colors.
    Somehow these two objects lost all functionality if their colors were altered… yep, that happened.

Thank you so much for all of your participation in the October Challenge! I hope you had as much fun with it in game, as we did watching the challenge play out.

Until next time,

-SimGuruGnome

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
    "Now you can shove as many fish in your pockets" ah the patch notes are always a blast to read! Thankyou for sharing this, updating my game now! I'm so buying that new chest for my collections!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I love whoever writes the patch notes they're always fun to read XD
    1FKDfKj.png
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Looking at the picture of the children on the pirate ship, it looks as if the little girl in the crow's nest has a single braid over her shoulder. And I think that sweater is new.

Given the sliders at the side for the activities your clubs could choose, it appears that we'll have quite a number of options. And the points system reminds me of retail system from TS2. I think these clubs are going to be a huge improvement on what we got in TS2 and TS3.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited November 2015
    "Create a club" feature :

- Name & description
    - Logo
    - Requirement : Age, Career, Marital status, Financial status, Trait & Skill (level 2+) Note: You can see who is eligible.
    - Activities : Thumb up & thumb down

Live mode:

- Start/End gathering button
    - Some club interactions (For example, bonfire : Hang out/Dance together)
    - Club perk (Unlockable perks, requires club points: Skill bonus, social bonus, club handshakes and club vibes)
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Thanks for summarizing the info for us.

It looks like you can start the gathering at your own home: I was afraid you might only be able to have club meetings at community lots.
    The perks make sense -- I'm glad that my sims in a music club can build up their piano or violin skills faster by being in the club. It'll be cute if the children get to do club handshakes. Really looking forward to this.
    edited November 2015
    Once again I will cheat in order to unlock perks.

CAC is interesting, I like the fact we can choose the like/dislike hobbies of the club, it's something I requested for a long time ago.
    Guys, I just started this new save right (well started it yesterday) and I always play with one sim, so I decided to make it a lot more interesting! I put four girls under one roof (all teens, so they go to school) and it's so much fun! I'm so ready for Windenburg because these girls will have a lot to do there! :blush:

6t1bh1.png
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited November 2015
    Oh my gosh! I am so making a Club for married couples. They can go hang out together and go dancing, play darts, and get some "drinks" from the bar. I wish there was bowling, though.. so they could have a bit more to do, but that's quite alright! They can just go to the spa and have a nice quiet relaxing adult day. :D.

@DaniqaSimmer "annnddd we're all going to go SHOPPING!" Dx Sorry. White Girls Movie reference, lol. But you just made me think of that. Now that we can own shops; and then there is a try on outfits interaction.. we can make a shopping 'mall', or a little bridal Store omggg.. more ideas after that trailer keep popping into my head! So excited.. Cannot wait for this weekend when I'm off to play and get stuff prepared. Freya and Ana are so doing this! The guys... will probably go play Foosball. Hehe.

Oh my gosh! Love the girls hair at the very end, closer to the right! Is that an EA hairstyle, or CC?
    Post edited by OneAdorkableGirl on
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I love what's coming with this EP. I try not to think about it too much, so I wont get over-excited. Spent a little moment imagining what this EP will mean for the save where my selfsim lives among characters from Harry Potter, Game of Thrones etc... I can actually recreate some groups and drama of those shows :love: The question is who will my selfsim join? Now that sounds great, but I think it has even more to offer for my main save where I play rotationally. I've already sketched some groups I would like to create, like a fan club for my deceased sims who wrote books about wolves :smile:
    @OneAdorkableGirl, aha! Yeah they do seem like those type of girls and honestly I think they are :D! This is way I created them, so they can have girls night out and try on outfits and enjoy their weekends while going to school. I do notice that I litterly live trough my sims sometimes :D

Ah the ideas are endless!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2015
    Since I saw the trailer, I'm really exited for this pack, though I hope there is more than just groups... :s

It's a pretty cool feature don't miss understand me, but let's be honest here, it's only one. Where is the rest?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited November 2015
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Since I saw the trailer, I'm really exited for this pack, though I hope there is more than just groups... :s

It's a pretty cool feature don't miss understand me, but let's be honest here, it's only one. Where is the rest?

Like EP01 Get To Work, a new video for each week until the release date.

- Club hangout place ?
    - Natural pools ? Pub ? Café ?
    - Dance skill ? DJ Skill ? Secret "Rave" parties ?
    - Winderburg ? Special lots ?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2015

Like EP01 Get To Work, a new video each weeks until the released date.

- Club hangout place ?
    - Natural pools ? Pub ? Café ?
    - Dance skill ? DJ Skill ? Secret parties ?
    - Winderburg ?

First off yes, plum is a colour. lol...you didn't knew? :p It's also a Christmas dessert also ever heard of the Plumfairy? :p

Anyways, you can't be serious with that lol Do you honestly think they are going to do a trailer about natural pools and cafes? LOL

About Windenburg I believe they might even tease the little monster as something super awesome (that we can't even touch) in the trailer but oh well.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited November 2015
    First off yes, plum is a colour. lol...you didn't knew? :p It's also a Christmas dessert ever also ever heard of the Plumfairy? :p

Anyways, you can't be serious with that lol Do you honestly think they are going to do a trailer about natural pools and cafes? LOL

About Windenburg I believe they might even tease the little monster as something super awesome (that we can't even touch) in the trailer but oh well.

EP01 Get To Work :
    1. The Sims 4 Get to Work: Official Doctor Gameplay Trailer
    2. The Sims 4 Get to Work: Official Detective Gameplay Trailer
    3. The Sims 4 Get to Work: Official Scientist Gameplay Trailer
    4. The Sims 4 Get to Work: Official Retail Gameplay Trailer

EP02 Get Together :
    1. The Sims 4 Get Together: Official Clubs Gameplay Trailer

I think they will show how to build a natural pool with the new objects and the new community lots like Coffee shop.
    The espresso machine seems to be something important for the dev.