Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Excited for Get together!

Comments

• ichchenichchen Posts: 84 Member
    I secretly hope that this pack will fail completely.

Guess thats the only way to make EA listen to their costumers. What we really need are bug fixes (Culling...), stuff that have been in every other base game so far (toddlers, a diffrence between teens/young adults/adults...), more family play and so on and so on...

Instead EA comes up with something only a minority wants...

I cannot understand their strategy...
    Please don´t zagadoo me. I cannot deal with something like this and will have nightmares eventually. Like this one time, when I dreamed about a scary woman that told me "YOU RULE" in this very creepy voice and then clapped her hands, releasing a bunch of mindless dancers.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    @Hermitgirl i'm the same, I know some people like to experiment, but I always like to play so my game has a story to follow. That's why challenges are a big no to me even if I try them.

Although I think this pack can easily compliment that, there's more to do day to day, go out and visit the beach, go clubbing but actually dance together or create a club you like, like bakery or a thee club hehe.

I'd rather not hear anything about the secret lot, just so I can find it on my own.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
    Funny... I get 6 Zagadoos but no explanation why I am wrong or what was wrong with my statement... :smiley:
    Please don´t zagadoo me. I cannot deal with something like this and will have nightmares eventually. Like this one time, when I dreamed about a scary woman that told me "YOU RULE" in this very creepy voice and then clapped her hands, releasing a bunch of mindless dancers.
  • NordicPhoenix22xNordicPhoenix22x Posts: 301 Member
    ichchen wrote: »
    Funny... I get 6 Zagadoos but no explanation why I am wrong or what was wrong with my statement... :smiley:

Hi :smile:
    I'd like to give you a quick explanation why I zagadoo'd. I'm not trying to be rude or offensive at all!

I disagree with your post, because first of all, I do not hope that GT will be a fail. As you can see from this thread, there's quite a bunch of people who very much want this EP. And I'm sure there's more of us outside of these forums.
    And we are customers as well.

I think you have to expect that you'll get zagadoos for a post stating that you "hope this EP will be a fail" in a thread for those who are "excited for Get Together". I even think it's a little bit rude to say such a thing. Just let us have our fun with GT in here, there's plenty of other threads with people who share your opinion. :)

I do agree that we need bug fixes, and the culling is bothering me a lot, too... And yeah, they could have done the base game better.

But I personally am no family player, and I'm not very interested in a Generations type EP, to be honest. I bought the TS3 one on sale, and solely for the shower woohoo. ;)
    But when they announce a Generations EP for TS4, I won't be mad or bash the devs for putting out an EP that I didn't want - I just won't buy it. ;) Noone's forced to buy every single EP or generally something they don't want.

This turned out to be a rather long reply but I hope you get what I'm trying to say. :)
    "Children of the night, Soldiers of our time
    Scream it out loud, One generation
    Riot in the streets, Fighting and debris
    Raise your fist high, the Generation Wild!"
    182kwx.png
    @NordicPhoenix22x

Hey, its cool that you have the courage to actually respond! :-)

I can understand you to some degree. Maybe posting my opinion here was wrong. But just because I share them doesn´t mean that I am bashing anyone. Its just... I really like Sims 4 but there are so many things missing in the game while so many restrictions have been added at the same time. Thats why I have the feeling that EA is trying to sell less content for the same amount of/more money. And I think the only thing that will stop them from doing so is if they are failing very hard once...

But like I said... you were right. Maybe I choosed the wrong thread to share my thoughts. :)
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    ichchen wrote: »
    @NordicPhoenix22x

Hey, its cool that you have the courage to actually respond! :-)

I can understand you to some degree. Maybe posting my opinion here was wrong. But just because I share them doesn´t mean that I am bashing anyone. Its just... I really like Sims 4 but there are so many things missing in the game while so many restrictions have been added at the same time. Thats why I have the feeling that EA is trying to sell less content for the same amount of/more money. And I think the only thing that will stop them from doing so is if they are failing very hard once...

But like I said... you were right. Maybe I choosed the wrong thread to share my thoughts. :)

You should feel free to share your opinion wherever you want, even in threads where a lot of people could disagree :smile:
    Not agreeing shouldn't be taken as an offence, just as... not agreeing :lol: . I think it's something normal, especially here in this forum.
    I zagadoo'd too, but not to be rude to you. I actually agree with what you said, I just don't think that I'm on the same boat with the solution you propose (the "fail" of the EP), which is why I pushed that button.
    I want tons of fixes and adjustments to the game too, things that have a much higher priority than features like social groups, but I'm one who likes to stay positive about it and enjoy what I get - if what I get looks somewhat appealing -.
    I think a lot of people are not going to buy this EP anyway, so the sales will definitely tell the devs that this wasn't the smartest of moves :smile:
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Waiting patiently for my new world!
  • SarduchiSarduchi Posts: 208 Member
    beville wrote: »
    Waiting patiently for my new world!

But its just some new neighborhoods....
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I can't wait for the new world either! I hope we see some reincarnated sims 2 families in it too like from Verona
  • giallorossigiallorossi Posts: 167 Member
    I'll buy this pack only because of that beautiful town. I want to try a medieval life gameplay there.
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    edited September 2015
    I am excited for the new world. I really want some more information about the club system. I hope we also get a lot more social interactions between our sims.
  • WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    Will 8 sims woohoo together :p ?

df87fbbbda8148b85b3c9958460aac41.jpg

Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • WallaWalla06WallaWalla06 Posts: 14 New Member
    No. The theme of the expansion doesn't excite me one bit, and why should I be excited for the next expansion when the last one is still broken? With how buggy the careers and retail aspects of Get to Work are, I see no reason to think that Get Together will be any better.
    I wish we had more information. It's halfway through September though. If only we had a day in October to count down too!
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    I'm very excited for Get Together! I keep thinking of what kinda clubs I want to make! When we get toddlers, I'm going to make a Mommy and Me club. ^.^ Until then, I think I'll make a Yoga club that likes to eat healthy foods and be outdoors! Have them meet in the park and just do Yoga stuffs! Then another club I really want to make is a Young Readers club of kids that go to the library and the librarian can read to them! OH! And a Girl Scouts. A behind the doors Alien club that meet in private and let their disguise down.

Lol! See what I mean about too many choices? XD
  • jus1nickiejus1nickie Posts: 360 Member
    Not excited at all. It seems more like a gamepack instead of an expansion but anyways I need more info.
  • BirdyBirdy Posts: 91 Member
    I'm very excited for Get Together! I keep thinking of what kinda clubs I want to make! When we get toddlers, I'm going to make a Mommy and Me club. ^.^ Until then, I think I'll make a Yoga club that likes to eat healthy foods and be outdoors! Have them meet in the park and just do Yoga stuffs! Then another club I really want to make is a Young Readers club of kids that go to the library and the librarian can read to them! OH! And a Girl Scouts. A behind the doors Alien club that meet in private and let their disguise down.

I love the "behind the doors" club idea. I think i will add that to my list of clubs I plan to to make as if my list wasn't already long enough. I really want to know more about the pack, and at this point I think I am more excited about finding out more information than I am for the game to release.
  • alisonb21alisonb21 Posts: 458 Member
    edited September 2015

I don't it, @LeGardePourpre they'd have to have an awfully big bed! ;) Lol :D
    keep-calm-and-just-add-glitter.png
    ♦♦Be Sure To Check out My Showcase♦♦
    ♦♦Sims Gallery ID: alisonb20♦♦

• alisonb21alisonb21 Posts: 458 Member
    Emmp wrote: »

And then die from embarrasment since they all woohood in the same room? :D;)

Edit:
    Its like a sect if you think about it. The sims believe they will get to sim heaven if they commit collective suicide by woohoo.

Lol I like your answer @Emmp :D Glad to see ppl seeing the humorous side to things! :)
    keep-calm-and-just-add-glitter.png
    ♦♦Be Sure To Check out My Showcase♦♦
    ♦♦Sims Gallery ID: alisonb20♦♦

• SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I wish we had more information. It's halfway through September though. If only we had a day in October to count down too!
    I think we'll hear something in October, I have a feeling they announced (announcent?) this pack a bit too early, so waiting seems really long now. Hopefully we'll hear something at the end of the month!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
    @DaniqaSimmer I hope so! I really would like something to look forward to more pictures or tidbits would be good to!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    I think we'll hear something in October, I have a feeling they announced (announcent?) this pack a bit too early, so waiting seems really long now. Hopefully we'll hear something at the end of the month!

I think they would. They also announced something at the beginning of Feb for GTW that came out in April (imagine 31st March is April).
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • emilyduruemilyduru Posts: 289 Member

All those options are so good I'm going to have to try them all!
    9i7a5w.jpg
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    In light of recent events..

I've decided to break my no-preorder rule and preorder Get Together to show my support for the game.

I actually like the direction the devs have been going in the last few months, and I think they will deliver some great things in the future. I'm very excited for the new world and for cafes. Groups will provide amazing game play experiences with their customization and ways to control sims that don't live with you opening up new ways to play.

I think this expansion pack is going to be great and I can't wait until October. :)