Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Excited for Get together!

Comments

• Options
    MystsarkyMystsarky Posts: 55 Member
    It sounds pretty cool but as far as how it'll work in actual game play idk :/ If it seems to have a significant effect I might buy it but if it doesn't add much (especially as a family/builder simmer) it doesn't excite me as much as Get to Work did.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    THIS IS SOMETHING THEY MUST LOOK INTO:

With the Club System, they have to make sure that Sims don't all automatically make Clubs and automatically accept any Sim as a member, I don't want to see every Sim in the world as a rival Club member or a Club member in general, also, if I create my own Club, I don't want the game to automatically accept other Sims into my created Club without my permission first.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I agree @Prink34320 . I don't mind a few, non rival, type clubs added but I can see how it could go very wrong. There is still time to tweak these things so hopefully it will work the way we want when it's released!

I've been playing and having a great time with my family, but I find myself wondering how it would be with GT. How it will effect my sims as they grow and their aspirations? I have one teen and one child who are doing great but I'm stuck on careers for them and I usually decide these things shortly after birth if not before (I know, I need help). How would clubs change their desires and views?

Why isn't it November yet?
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    I agree @Prink34320 . I don't mind a few, non rival, type clubs added but I can see how it could go very wrong. There is still time to tweak these things so hopefully it will work the way we want when it's released!

I've been playing and having a great time with my family, but I find myself wondering how it would be with GT. How it will effect my sims as they grow and their aspirations? I have one teen and one child who are doing great but I'm stuck on careers for them and I usually decide these things shortly after birth if not before (I know, I need help). How would clubs change their desires and views?

Why isn't it November yet?

I really hope we get some new content this month to help us in our wait for November lol
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2015
    After pre-ordering, Get Together now shows up in my packs :smiley: Though it's not possible to see the objects in it, it is possible to see those little tidbits of info, like the other packs have. :)

yokWZE3.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SarduchiSarduchi Posts: 208 Member
    edited September 2015
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    After pre-ordering, Get Together now shows up in my packs :smiley: Though it's not possible to see the objects in it, it is possible to see those little tidbits of info, like the other packs have. :)

yokWZE3.png

Not to rain on your parade, but that exact same screen is there if you don't pre-order it. Only difference is the "you own this" message.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Sarduchi wrote: »

yokWZE3.png

Not to rain on your parade, but that exact same screen is there if you don't pre-order it. Only difference is the "you own this" message.

LOL But it says he owns it! That's what really matters!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sarduchi wrote: »

yokWZE3.png

LOL But it says he owns it! That's what really matters!

;)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    So it's a new week, let's hope we get some new info.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    So glad it's now September, I can't wait for more information, i'm so ready for a new world!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I hope we get more information soon!
  • Options
    I think they said more information is coming in October, we might get a little bit of new info this month but I doubt anything too big.
  • Options
    alisonb21alisonb21 Posts: 458 Member
    Truthfully I don't see us getting much info until the end of October or November but here's hoping for it alot sooner. I guess we just have to find something we enjoy doing within the game and lose time and before we know it, Get Together will be here. :)
    keep-calm-and-just-add-glitter.png
    ♦♦Be Sure To Check out My Showcase♦♦
    ♦♦Sims Gallery ID: alisonb20♦♦

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ohh, was hoping that there would be some new information out now. Back to waiting I guess.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    For some reason I can't see the notifications for this tread even though I made it, I clicked the box and refreshed it but hmpf, it's bugging right now :(

I think we'll indeed hear something in October, I mean, it's a nice time to do so since it's only a month away and it's quite early now. I don't mind though, i'm focusing on one sim right now so when this EP comes I can easily enjoy the EP without too much trouble hehe :blush:

We haven't heard anything lately though, i'm curious if they're planning on something?
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Already been confirmed that we will get new info in October. Don't think we'll see anything in relation to this EP till then.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    FloofjeFloofje Posts: 181 Member
    I'm also very excited about the EP! I think they didn't really give us a good announcement trailer. I wasn't excited at first as well, but after reading more about it I got really curious.
    Can't wait to play with the groups!
  • Options
    October needs to hurry up and get here! I want more information about the new expansion!!
  • Options
    EmmpEmmp Posts: 458 Member
    edited September 2015
    Will 8 sims woohoo together :p ?

And then die from embarrasment since they all woohood in the same room? :D;)

Edit:
    Its like a sect if you think about it. The sims believe they will get to sim heaven if they commit collective suicide by woohoo.
    Post edited by Emmp on
    You can find me at the gallery, my ID is Jan_telefon!
  • Options
    Rofl I can see that happening too. Future mod idea perhaps?
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Will 8 sims woohoo together :p ?

This, I was wondering too, since the "checkmate" club was mentioned :wink:
    October seems so far away still /sigh/ and I really really want the group feature now.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    SimSassybreeSimSassybree Posts: 473 Member
    I think that the original presentation was pretty bad, all I could think is they were trying to turn our sims into horrible reality tv characters who spend their whole lives partying and causing drama. I have seem some redeeming stuff especially about the group/club system that I do like, but at this point I am merely mildly interested which is very rare for me because I am normally in PEPS by this point. I do believe I am going to be able to hold out for a sale price of about $20 or $25.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm still waiting for the new expansion. I can't wait for new game play and content. I rarely play dramatic type sims unless I'm testing and playing deviantly but those are done on throw away worlds mostly. I might have to test the dramatic aspects of the groups for grins, but I see it just evolving into a tool to guide a larger group into doing things my main sims like to do without having to move them into the household. If it works out as I'm hoping it will it will open so many new avenues of play for me.
    I don't pay attention to the advertising mostly. I remember in Sims 1 they would show them dancing on those multicolored floors ... I never used them, it just didn't fit into my game play. I do really like the way the pub and the beach looked in that trailer though. I can see using it with your group, single or couples and families.
    I seriously can't wait to see what the secret lot looks like. I'm kind of glad they haven't given more info on that.
    egTcBMc.png