Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Excited for Get together!

Comments

• Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Jogging shots of the countryside road in Windenburg! ;)

01-05-16_6-34-32nbspPM%20800x450_zpszujcplst.jpg

01-05-16_6-35-38nbspPM%20800x450_zpsah79dnqp.jpg
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member

let me guess that car is a toy blow up right?, Good shot though.
    let me guess that car is a toy blow up right?, Good shot though.

It is not... it's a car driving down the road behind the jogger... which you would know if you played the game. :)
    Oh really, since when did they add cars to the game, cause I don't have any, and I bought every single pack so far?
    Sims can't drive their own car yet, but the cars are driving on the roads in the towns. I did not have to blow up a car in order to capture the above screenshot. The cars are driving around Windenburg at random.
    Cars that can catch air when driving over bridges with higher elevations. :)

01-05-16_6-41-31nbspPM%20800x450_zpsn1uqstj5.jpg

01-05-16_6-44-34nbspPM%20800x450_zpskzrnolwz.jpg

01-05-16_6-45-12nbspPM%20800x450_zpso8cokyue.jpg

01-05-16_6-47-00nbspPM%20800x450_zpsg3bcc1ir.jpg

01-05-16_6-47-57nbspPM%20800x450_zpsyocxxjqi.jpg

01-05-16_6-48-35nbspPM%20800x450_zpsdqnulz9m.jpg

01-05-16_6-49-12nbspPM%20800x450_zpsexrrksc9.jpg
    Ah I see, nice shot then, I wish they would add the vehicles to the game, I want My chars to drive their own cars in game lol.
    Ah I see, nice shot then, I wish they would add the vehicles to the game, I want My chars to drive their own cars in game lol.

I see you're only interested in highlighting what you see missing in the game, and not at all interested in contributing to the "Excited for Get Together" thread with any excitement for Get Together. Best of luck with your simming, but I won't be replying to anything else from you.
    I don't see how one comment I made bout telling EA something, is Me not being interested in the game stuff, but okay no problem, have a nice day.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Sims can't drive their own car yet, but the cars are driving on the roads in the towns. I did not have to blow up a car in order to capture the above screenshot. The cars are driving around Windenburg at random.

Is it just me, or do the cars driving by appear to be moving a little slower than before? Before, they looked as if they were on their way to a fire, now they look as if they are cruising around.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Is it just me, or do the cars driving by appear to be moving a little slower than before? Before, they looked as if they were on their way to a fire, now they look as if they are cruising around.

That is not just you! They are definitely cruising at a more appropriate speed which has me totally excited. I'm probably reading WAY more into that than I should be, but I keep hoping that it's an indication of future content. I keep telling myself not to hope too much, but it's hard, because I've noticed improvements with the vehicles on the streets both with speed and design. They look at lot better than they used to as well.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

That is not just you! They are definitely cruising at a more appropriate speed which has me totally excited. I'm probably reading WAY more into that than I should be, but I keep hoping that it's an indication of future content. I keep telling myself not to hope too much, but it's hard, because I've noticed improvements with the vehicles on the streets both with speed and design. They look at lot better than they used to as well.

I remember the ugly bananavan rushing by back when I played a Sim who lived in Oasis Springs :lol: The hover car definitely looks a lot better than that one :)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    ROFL That was a seriously hideous vehicle MD! LOL
    There has definitely been marked improvement in design (though they've not noted it in any notes that I've seen).
    In Newcrest they used to zip by my houses at warp speed. Things are a lot more leisure now, and it has me jumping to conclusions (always a dangerous pastime for a sims game LOL). I totally think we'll get cars at some point in 2016, though.

I keep seeing "little things" in Windenburg that make me wonder... hmm... are they thinking of building on this?

Like the standing stones in the countryside. These totally have me daydreaming about Supernaturals. Windenburg is a city of ruins, so honestly these fit in with the theme and aren't necessarily any sort of hint for future content... but I could totally see some faeries dancing inside these stones... if we had a world editor tool I'd stick a woohoo bush right in the center. HAHAHA All babies conceived beneath the moon would have have a lucky life in my game! lol
    12-22-15_8-15-40nbspAM%20800x450_zpspm1jlboc.jpg
    I can not wait till they do add the stuff like the vehicles, I love the sporty vehicles, I wonder if they will add any motorcycles to it, I would love a Harley, :).
  • EverGreenLifeEverGreenLife Posts: 2,670 Member
    I didn't realise this thread is still on!
    FrAEi8Q.png
    ✣*.:。✿*゚✣*.:。✿*゚i love starry skies✣*.:。✿*゚✣*.:。✿*゚
    origin ID - egl_original
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited January 2016
    I haven't been online so much, but I just love that this tread is still going!
    @Ceres_Meiriona I love your screenshots! I actually started a brand new safe but without all the buildings + pre-mades and i'm going to start all over again. Love the way you play!

I'm still exploring the club options, there's just so much to do!
    Post edited by Skobee on
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
    Well I have an update on my dream house :)
    I have however decided to start my own thread as it will be a while before it's finished, considering this is it's current state:
    fqqbxqgku42y.png
    Read more here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/870641/buying-and-building-a-house-in-windenburg
    ----
    P.S.: I got way too excited when test building, so I have a prototype ready (though I doubt I'll change much about it):
    13zdb7q.png
    352kfmt.png
    I feel like I'm spamming now, but I have another update ;)
    ew1dhjblvp2a.png
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14494623/#Comment_14494623
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    @MDianaSanders I love how you did the "building" pictures! It's so amazing!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    So happy for this thread!!

I have been working so much on a project that is due in a month. Every now and then I snatch an hour of gaming, like tonight I might be able to play for 30 min perhaps. I am so looking forward to playing again, reading about your games is a great way to get some a Sims-fix.

Thank you guys for posting :smile:

Thanks @poeticnebula :)

Yesterday I uploaded my first café to the Gallery:
    It's also home to two of the clubs I intend to have in my story save.
    Sam's Coffee Cottage
    33tm41u.png
    Click here for more info.
    And today it turned into my very first Maxis fav! :smiley:

I also did a bit of testing for another club I have in mind for my story (not the one about the house). I intend to throw out all the premades in that save so I will need at least 10 clubs to replace the existing ones. I already had about 6 and then I realised I should make something like the "Windenburg Freemasons" (that sort of fits the story or anyway, I'll weave it into the story somehow along with some other more or less secret societies ;)). The idea changed a bit and it turned out to be the "Secret Order of the Holy Cowplant" (or Holy Cowplant Order, as the game doesn't give me more characters...). I made them a prototype hangout and took a few screenshots - the clubs not that interesting really, but very secretive. (That's also my first non-sensical club, lots of firsts these days :))

295vams.png
    Bluebell and Buttercup, sentry cowplants guarding the door to...
    n2juok.png
    Dandelion (and his less fortunate predecessors) who is the key feature in the clubs initiation rite.
    ictuuh.png
    And of course the members have a shifty special handshake.
    2njzy2c.png
    And they like to dance around bonfires.
    2ia5p4m.png
    (Dominic Fyres showing off his moves - obviously, prototype club members as well, he won't be there in the actual club ;))
    Greetings, Congrats on your Maxis Fave, and nice pictures there, :).
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    The thing I like the most about Get Together is creating a bunch npc clubs and setting them free in the world. My game feels so much different now that I have these group of uncontrolled sims showing up in lots and doing their thing. Here's a screenshot of some of my favorite npc clubs.

eRiUf4R.jpg
    1. FC Windenburg fan club - these sims are diehard followers of Windenburg's local football club and gather at random pubs to play some games and have a few drinks. They have a rival club (Oasis Springs FC) and they fight each other whenever they both gather at the same pub.
    2. The Blue Velvet Jazz band - we don't have actual bands yet :'( but these music loving sims show up to play a few tunes.
    3. MLG - they're the rival club of my sim's Geek Squad. They hoard the computers at the library and are mean to my club.
    4. Zen girls - Yoga and meditating is everything for these fit girls.
    5. Children of the Darkness - a bunch of goths who hangout together in an abandoned lot. They're not quite friendly.
    6. Simcity Police Force - these cops seem to only gather at night and are mean to any child or teen they find. They're supposed to keep an eye on the younger sims but they're pretty aggressive.
    7. Mustang family - the friendliest family of redheads you'll ever find. They gather at random parks to grill, eat and be friendly to everyone.
    8. McKinlay family - these rich snobby sims can be found at any museum criticizing art and being mean to anyone who dares talk to them.
    9. Alonso family - this family loves the water and can often be seen having fun in the pool.
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    That's awesome @Mightydan Seems really lively in your town!
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone have anything interesting to share? About their clubs or about Windenburg? To be honest, I haven't played a lot lately, except with Bob Pancakes, but that has nothing to do with Get Together. And I haven't been building in Windenburg either...
    Although.... *dives into screenshot folder*
    Yes, I've got a few screenshots of my Sims' club dancing at the Narwhal (edited the lighting a bit, the Narwhal is terribly dark)
    13zn78i.jpg
    s0zqya.jpg
    ou40af.jpg
    m8gt2c.jpg
    That's from before I abandoned my save because it went rather buggy - I hope to restart it at some point in the near future (and continue the story). For now, I have Bob and build things to keep me occupied.
    I hope someone else has something better to share ;)