Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Excited for Get together!

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I already posted this in another thread, but I think it might work here very nicely - it does feature a ton of Get Together items/activities and sceneries ;)
    This is what my Sims did on Boxing day (hence the tacky sweaters ;))

Stephanie and Adam are taking a look at a lot that is for sale on the Windenburger Insel (or is it Île de Windenbourg? ;)).
    lo5rfbatgr9p.png
    It's a lovely spot, perfect for building a dream home.
    hxx29p9x0x4z.png
    "Do you like it as much as I do?"
    doo567wohsfh.png

Just behind the lot there's a nice bit of beach, with a bonfire (they took off their sweaters for a moment, that fire is rather hot).
    wgedl3t9so7r.png
    (so romantic :heart:)
    2wdoq9s.png
    "Do you think we should buy the lot?"
    8jzdagqb34ii.png

Once they've returned home, it's time to call the estate agent...
    iln287tbugf2.png
    ...who, surpsingly, is at work ;) and happy to make a sale.
    egr69t.png

Now this calls for a celebration ;)
    p5kuxivpjhd0.png
    3w6g8pf81dyi.png
    7zgoh531mwpx.png

Doesn't a "Sold" sign look wonderful?
    8vmt5l8g0a8e.png
    (to be continued...)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    I said I'd continue my story, so here it is :) (I guess I could start my own thread if this is too off topic).
    In the meantime, Sanders Architects have been hired to design the house. Gareth Alleyn, CEO, and Trevor Warwick, master architect, are going to check out the lot - together with the estate agent (because a lot of people said they liked her ;)).
    j6vixdivfa8a.png
    The guys are going to do a bit of measuring (it's 40x30, oh really? ;))
    d44zr5vkhinr.png
    Trevor immediately has some inspired ideas for the house.
    pu5ywoluzecv.png
    While he's putting the most important ideas in his phone, the estate agent shares some info with Gareth.
    dri9d2lhh7fe.png
    Then the three of them discuss a couple more things (love this shot - the way she's taking a sneak peek over their shoulders :lol:)

32eeo91mrrnb.png
    The next day Stephanie and Adam have an appointment at the Sanders Architects Headquarters, to talk about the plans for their home.
    4gqpckd039ur.png
    Gareth comes to greet them (he doesn't like just sitting in his office being "the boss").
    p3f67xxxe8cu.png
    Then they sit down with Trevor, who starts revealing his ideas.
    dju4b2b2cu3q.png
    Stephanie and Adam are listening carefully.
    5su496w0y73r.png
    And get to share their own ideas and opinions.
    ao78aipw1c14.png
    Looks like they're pleased about the plans...
    t2bsco3ui1nd.png
    ...and so are the architects :) Obviously there will be follow up meetings and everything (but that would be seriously dull to depict ;)).
    All of this does mean I have to make a really special home for them :/ But I'm really enjoying writing this little tale about erm... the coming into existence of an architectural masterpiece (probably just the perfect home for my favourite Sims)?
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Awesome update Diana! I can't wait to see their perfect home!!! ::excited squee!!!::
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I'm looking forward to some more updates to :smile:
    edited January 2016
    I won't be continuing my story just yet, but I do have a nice screen to share of my Sims with their club:
    dztkcp.png
    Just look at them, sitting in/by the pool, eating burgers :)

Basically I put them together to practice skills for now, I think they'll end up painting though, both my Sims currently have the painter aspiration. It took them just two club gatherings to actually get their dancing skill from 0 to 5 - and they only had the skill boost for the second gathering.

They did have another club meeting in between, but no one was dancing (I temporarily changed the encouraged club activities to playing bar/pub games):
    20ztp9i.png
    (It goes without saying that the ladies' team won ;))
    2hwfcdu.png

Anyone else have any stories to share about their clubs?
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Holy plum what happened to Bella?
    She's friends with Adam, any Sim that's friends with Adam gets ripped like that - he has to tutor others in the athletic skill for the sake of his job... :/ (He doesn't have to do that anymore as he is at level 10 and will soon become a secret agent - but that's classified information, the renowned athlete/gym trainer thing is his cover ;))
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Jacques talking to his friends that live in the toilet:
    tF5mMeE.jpg

This set of premades are simply brilliant, IMO. This is one seriously dysfunctional family.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Still love to read all of these stories. I've been playing so much i'm barely online here.

I've been playing with Chantal for the past three months and she's just so much fun! I can't even think about playing another family cause i'll miss her haha! I moved her to Willow Creek in a small little home even though she has a ton of money. I felt it was more personal. I'm going to start a club for the first time that she can rule, I haven't tried that yet!

I also noticed I use a lot of Get Togethers items, it's so well finished and modern/aged, love it!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited January 2016
    I love Get Together. I can now happily say that the long was absolutely worth it :)

Chelsea and Jessica are going through yet another of their I-hate-you phases. For the most part, they try to avoid each other at home but they do throw a few insults at each other from time to time. Despite their constant fighting, they're still running their daycare.

vaMIS2t.png

Chelsea has been working on her guitar skill so she can play a few songs for the kids.

nwmiHRr.png

Jessica has been having fun giving them dancing lessons.

tLC9tmL.png

So far so good, but I wonder how long they'll be able to keep this up. At the moment, the girls won't even sit at the same table :D I know it's just a matter of time before they start fighting in front of the kids. Hopefully they won't get scared :/

dQ96OKF.png
    Post edited by Mightydan on
    edited January 2016
    This expansion is definitely my favorite content that has released for TS4 thus far. My sim joined the cosplay club and after her club event ended she stole a kiss from one of the (now many) town ghosts. Darth Maul was definitely not happy. If he wasn't already dead, I'd say that guy was in for a force choke. ;) LOL

12-17-15_8-22-25nbspAM%20800x424_zpsf9pddyee.jpg

The Bluffs have stolen my heart, as well!
    12-15-15_10-14-19nbspPM%20800x424_zpseyzn2fhk.jpg

12-15-15_10-16-32nbspPM%20800x424_zpspndrhesb.jpg

12-15-15_10-20-08nbspPM%20800x424_zpsdkb2oe8t.jpg

12-15-15_10-21-34nbspPM%20800x424_zpsvpmgey4c.jpg

Post edited by Ceres_Meiriona on
    Since you all asked me to keep posting, here's an update on my story! (picture heavy!)

Trevor just got the results on the further measurements and test they did on the lot.
    tdssa8qy8qrd.png
    Something rather troubling catches his eye, time to ask Gareth's opinion.
    3bdjhxuqm7lr.png
    Gareth wants to visualise the issue, so a few prints are thrown on the table.
    h63a0mt735zq.png
    Turns out that building the basement will be extremely difficult, due to the very hard rock the Island consists of - coupled with potential ground water issues that might arise when digging too deep.
    z1elgez759w3.png
    They sit down to discuss and decide that Gareth should pay a visit to the estate agent.
    dbbrt4zes3n8.png
    She was unaware of the lot being unfit to build on. It may not be her fault but Gareth makes it very clear to her that she has to deal with this - or it will be very bad for both their businesses.

The next day Stephanie and Adam have an appointment at the estate agent's office.
    vzvqlom0dkz0.png
    They're rather shocked by the bad news.
    vntgu5gvcg2t.png
    And most certainly not happy about it!
    estm0dj8797f.png
    Adam tries to cheer Stephanie up by telling her that they'll sure find a new lot that's equally good. The estate agent immediately tells them she knows of lot on a prime real estate location in Windenburg. Even though it's not even officially for sale yet, she says, given the circumstances, she can sure arrange something.
    q176bgqznzp4.png
    They're hardly convinced, but Stephanie and Adam decide to join the estate agent, it won't hurt to take a look.

Once they arrive on the lot, the estate agent, starts her sales pitch.
    26dd74rsf98t.png
    The couple are not at all impressed.
    fack4e7wmztb.png
    The estate agent tries even harder, talks about the beautiful surroundings of the Windenburg countryside, that must be at least as pretty as the Island.
    an1f85ajpcqm.png
    Adam responds that she might be right about that, but ask if maybe, by way of compensation, something can be done about the price of the lot.
    5vnrp5h31b3x.png
    Desperate to save her reputation, her business and to avoid having to face the wrath of Gareth Alleyn, and maybe because she kind of feels sorry for her customers, she agrees ( causing her to have to deal with a rather greedy previous owner - she won't make a profit out of this sale, a significant loss is more likely).
    i2gztwgdou9j.png
    Eventually everyone seems pleased (not sure if the estate agent is though!) Let's hope things work out better this time!

A little note on why I made this little detour - I found out that, should I move my Sims to the Lighthouse lot on the Island, which was my original plan, it would literally take an hour or more for guests to arrive - that really is a bit too much for me, especially now my Sims tend to host parties more often. So, the countryside it is! (where the home I intend to build will fit just as well :))
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Um, this page was for getting excited bout the Get Together expansion pack, I don't get what this story line has to do with that, and it makes the page do weird things when you try to reply, so ya you probably need to make your own web page for your story line, but from what I have seen of it, its nice so far, awesome job so far.
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Um, this page was for getting excited bout the Get Together expansion pack, I don't get what this story line has to do with that, and it makes the page do weird things when you try to reply, so ya you probably need to make your own web page for your story line, but from what I have seen of it, its nice so far, awesome job so far.

Many of us have asked her to post her story here. I love coming in and checking it out! Seeing how GT has been out for a bit now the thread isn't what I'd call heavy on traffic so I don't see an issue. It keeps us here and connected and shows others who haven't jumped into GT some of what there is to offer.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam

We're sorry for the weird things but we asked her to continue to share her updates here. That's kind of why she opened with "Since you all asked me to keep posting, here's an update on my story!". It's still on topic with excitement for GT, it's just now post release instead of pre release excitement that showcases the environments in Windenburg with a story format. It's a different style of presentation, and like all things isn't for everyone I suppose, but those of us who still frequent the thread have enjoyed it, and hopefully others will too. :)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I like all the stories. The daycare looked well done and the story of the couple looking to build a house is great. If my vote counts, keep it up.
    Ah okay, they added a daycare? for what reason?, since their is no Toddlers for a daycare, you can't put the babies in them, and the children go to school, so that makes no sense to add a daycare, but to each their own I guess, happy simming.
    Ah okay, they added a daycare? for what reason?, since their is no Toddlers for a daycare, you can't put the babies in them, and the children go to school, so that makes no sense to add a daycare, but to each their own I guess, happy simming.

It functions much like Boys and Girls Club or the YMCA in real life. Not all parents get off work when the kids get out of school in TS4. If you don't want your kids left home alone, the Daycare is a great place for them to level up their skills and play with friends from school while under adult supervision. Some people enjoy that realism in their game.
    edited January 2016
    Ah great thank you for letting me know bout it, I just might add it to my game as well, sounds nice, but with my kids in my game, I always make sure that the parents are on the kids time of day for work, so they will be home when they get out of school, so that is not a issue for my families, but thank you again.

I home schooled my kids for the first few years, but once they did go to school many of the kindergartners and even some of the first graders had half days. For working parents that meant either babysitters or daycare for the rest of the day. I also know a few parents who need daycare to watch the kids from 2 (when they get out of school) until 5 or 6 (when the parents get off of work). Daycare makes total sense to me.

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
    Ya it makes sense in the real world, but we are talking about a game are we not?
    Ya it makes sense in the real world, but we are talking about a game are we not?

And in her game, and I'd think many others since there is a school mod out there, it makes perfect sense! What we put into our games, or remove for that matter, are what makes the games ours. I personally don't feel the need for a daycare in my game but I also don't feel the need for more than one gym or one museum so I fix up and or remove to suit my taste. I love options though and a daycare is an awesome option!

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
    OMG!!! Thank you for reminding me about the Gyms, how many do they actually need in that game, I mean gee wiz, WAAYY to many if you ask me, lol.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

You play your way, they will play their way, okay?
    Ya and your point? I thought that is what we do anyway, but we are not allowed our own opinions I guess aye Dannydanbo ?