Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Excited for Get together!

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Glad you're having fun gothprincess! This EP makes my heart so happy. Windenburg knocked my socks off, and I'm loving the sandbox features (FINALLY we see some real control options for us players!).

Yep! I am cheering right along with you! My game is finally becoming MY game!
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I am a bit unhappy with EA at the moment, I just got the Sims 4 Get Together for a early Christmas Present, But only to find out that the over 40 bucks that was paid for it, was for a EMPTY BOX!!!!! , it only had paper in it No Disc what so ever, If We would of known that We would of just got the Digital one instead, But we did not want the Digital version, We wanted the Disc version just like Get to Work, We are so not happy bout this EA, it makes us think, just what are you trying to pull over our eyes EA?

Sorry to hear this has been hard on you. I know that others bought the box and were disappointed. I'm fairly sure though that the box does say it contains a digital code and not a disc. I personally feel that they did this so the game could be given as gifts for the holiday but didn't realize how many people wouldn't realize there were no physical copies.

I think this is going to be the future of gaming now. I know that most of my son's games are available on Steam and even one of his physical copies I got him a couple of years ago was default download via Steam. I had to do some work around just to get it to load off the 3 discs. I don't mind it myself because I'm lucky enough to have good internet but I know plenty of people near me who can't even get internet let alone broadband so I think it's a bit early to jump into all digital content.

I hope that you can still enjoy the game! I'm loving it and it's really made such a difference in how my sims act, react, learn, and behave! Please come back and share some of your stories once you get into it!

My update is that I wasn't able to play all weekend. I was running around taking care of family things making them listen to me cry because I wanted to be home with my sims. Lucky for me this week should be a fairly quiet one for me so I get to Sim, Sim, Sim!! Speaking of, back to my game!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    @poeticnebula I feel your pain I had to work this weekend and the yesterday I was so sick I didn't have the energy! I just have to hold out till Friday night as I have the week of Christmas off so I'll be simming away between my holiday baking!
    @gothprincess4ever how do you like it so far??

I haven't played it for a long chunk of time yet because I've got exams for university next month and I'm so, so busy! :s But I played it for an hour or so yesterday night and I LOVED it, it introduces us to many new and exciting interactions and places. I'm in love with Windenburg and its coffee shops... And the Bluffs! What a landscape! Hopefully today I'll have a little more free time to get around to it.

I hope so I didn't have enough time either I feel I've barely scraped the surface! They did a great job!
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I wanted to explore the play side of this EP first, but after adventuring in Windenburg with Candy for a couple of days, I caved, I had to get into build mode...
    And now I finished my first wall ivy build! (a request for @Mightydan )
    2jcbuac.png
    More info here.

(warehouse studio/lofts are my next build project ;))
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    So can we assume that everyone is still off in Sims land if they can be?
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    @Invisibleaes ahaha yes! No one is active anymore here, been playing so much it's insane, i'm having the time of my life!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I think there are so many threads too now that have a more positive slant if not at least more even tempered and lot of us are enjoying that. This was the safe haven thread though for those of us that were excited for this EP.
    egTcBMc.png
    edited December 2015
    That's true, it's nice to see the forum "Getting it Together" ;-)
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited December 2015
    Oh my! Funniest thing happened in my game.

My sim Chantal was invited for a single nights out so she went with her club, she saw the cutest sim there and she was in a club called "Club Roleplay" so I asked her if she was seeing anyone and she said yes! She was married with Maxim and I laughed my ** off because she was in a club called "roleplay" which maybe meant that she was roleplaying being single :D !

Ah, they didn't oversell it with the weirder stories this time haha!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Oh goodness! ROFL Maybe she has that relationship bug where she forgets her spouse? >.< Idk rofl, but it sounds like your roleplay night was interesting! lol

My sim recently joined the cosplay club, and I surprisingly had a lot of fun doing absolutely nothing with these guys but roam around in star wars costumes. LOL Anyway, I took over the club and have added a few encouraged and discouraged options, and I'm going to see what kind of romantic mischief I can scare up in my game today.

Glad you're having fun Daniqa!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited December 2015
    So can we assume that everyone is still off in Sims land if they can be?

Yes, I've been playing more. I have 3 families that are rivals to each other. Two of the families are aliens, trying to take over Newcrest. One family built a rocket ship with the upgrade to go to Sixam, and the son from the other family used it to go there -- without permission of course. I foresee a few fights.
    So I was playing the Goths and things were going well. I made Mortimer and Bella try for another kid and they had a boy Simon, then disaster in the form of the still under construction basement hit. Bella while I was busy with her kids went into the hot tub and there comes Grimmy! XD apparently History wanted to repeat itself! So now I'm having Mortimer work at the scientist career so that he can retire as a elder. I may have him purse Dina Caliente...
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I did not know what it said on the box until i got it in my hand, like I had said before, it was a early Xmas gift, I called EA after i got it and that is when they told me no more Discs from Get Together and on, I told them if We (My Family) would of known, then we wouldn't of bothered to buy it, cause we don't trust the digital ones, We always got the disc one's in case something happened, but now we can't, So I told them that after this we probably wont bother to buy the rest of Sims 4 games, especially since they don't care what we want, only the money they seem to only want out of us after all these years.
  • TMBrandonTMBrandon Posts: 229 Member
    Update on that "courthouse" of mine ;):
    12-21-15_1-11-35nbspAM_zpsnnenim4t.png

Making progress!
  • PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    TMBrandon wrote: »

Making progress!

You are great ! I have no idea why I suddenly i have "Notre Dame de Paris" picture in my head after seeing your image. This background is pretty fit for more historical site.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    TMBrandon wrote: »

Making progress!

It's looking great, Brandon. Can't wait for the "reveal". :smiley:
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,217 Member
    edited December 2015
    Other small features I like
    • The new Phone system with more phone calls and SMS
    • The dynamic club settings : be able to change any thing anytime
    • Gathering without end : the NPC members prefer to stay instead of going to work
    I'm enjoying it so much! In my game Mortimer is almost done with the scientist career, he's been to one singles night but didnt find any women that struck his fancy. He may start a singles club to find the right mom for Alexander and Simon. Cassandra just grew up to a YA, I'm not sure what I'll do with her yet.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I wanted to explore the play side of this EP first, but after adventuring in Windenburg with Candy for a couple of days, I caved, I had to get into build mode...
    And now I finished my first wall ivy build! (a request for @Mightydan )
    2jcbuac.png
    More info here.

(warehouse studio/lofts are my next build project ;))
    Cool house.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm having so much fun with this -- the heirs in my dynasty have moved out. My sim Azalea invited her parents over (they're all in the same club) and since both her toilet and sink were broken, she added "fix things" to her club activities, so her dad started working on the sink while her husband Joaquin worked on the toilet.

My alien heir Luthor has to build a rocket ship, so when he moved out, he called a club meeting. His parents came over, and all three of them worked on the rocket. They finished in one night. And he went to Alien Night at the Shrieking Llama, but the only young adult alien he met there has the "hates children" trait -- not so good in a generational challenge.
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Are you guys still excited? :D

I've been adding npc clubs and holy plum, it really makes a difference. The world feels so different seeing these groups of sims doing activities they like together. I've made my group of bros who work out at the gym, the zen girls who do yoga and meditate, Bob's (Pancakes) comedy club who gather at a lounge and practice stand up comedy and there's still so much more to do.

One of my favorite unplayed clubs is this guitar duo that I made for my simself. They play at The Blue Velvet almost every night, it's so awesome and it really makes the place feel alive. Granted, this is only 2 guitar players and they're not actually playing together but it's still pretty fun. One can only imagine what we'll be able to do once we get more music instruments.

z9jFg6C.png

I also made a secret hideout at the top of a lounge for criminal sims. They play cards, darts and fight other sims whenever they go downstairs for a drink. It adds a sense of danger to the venue, which is amazing.

5C4HZk4.png
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I haven't been bored of the pack yet, but I've had toddler withdrawals, so been playing the Sims 3 lately.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    still having fun :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I've mostly been building lately, but I did check out the island today, my Sims are totally going to live there!
    2wdoq9s.png
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr