Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Readalot1's Thank You Thread

Comments

• Readalot1Readalot1 Posts: 338 Member
    edited September 2015
    Thank you @AMofOz for gifting me the Monarch Dresser! It (along with lots of other gifts from generous Simmers) is helping to bring down the price of the Club Vaindenburger Relaxation set. Since a lot of those items are featured in @Reachsims world Cotes, I'm so happy!

o8UlBQM%2bo6sKmqQ&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0
    I'm a real girl now! I have a signature!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Thank You Thread here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Readalot1 wrote: »
    Thank you @mothersuperior2 for gifting me the Bodice Floor Lamp. I think it'll look nice in some of my more...risque Sims' bedrooms >:)

You have risqué Sims?!!! >:)
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    you're welcome I'm happy to have helped :)
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
    Well, @mothersuperior2 , let's just say I have a lot of sims that have had multiple relationships...sometimes all at once...and usually lots of baby daddies/ baby mommas :D Remember my post in the Power of Three challenge about Kai Kahale and half-siblings not interbreeding? :P I'm only a little evil >:)
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
    Thank you so much @Reachsims for gifting me the Riot Grrrl Teen, Illuminated Pillar, The Resolute Coffee Table, VDB Overhead Cabinet, and Camotrash Rubbish Bin. They will all help with sets I'm trying to (eventually) complete! And of course, another lovely path for you! This one's not as colorful, but it has that rustic, Hobbit-ish look that I think you might like!

Denver_Botanic_Gardens_-_DSC01080.JPG
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    Awesome image @Readalot1 and thanks for sharing it. I wish I could grab you by the hand and take you to my favorite places in Japan. We would be silent partners as we clicked away on our cameras and bowed greetings to the friendly Japanese. <3 I have to add the heart there because that is what I feel for the Japanese. ALL LOVE. A funny little story... when I returned from living in Japan as an exchange student at the age of 16, I had grown so accustomed to using chopsticks that I was a bit of a klutz at using a fork and knife so months went by and my American family was putting up with my using chopsticks at the dinner table since I had come to be so awkward with the knife and fork...

November and Thanksgiving (in America) were coming and my mother "threatened" me about my table manners. She "expected" me to recover my lost skills with the knife and fork by the time Thanksgiving came around. Well, when push comes to shove... I had to relearn the skills of using the knife and fork but I have never lost the "skill" of using chopsticks. They just work better.
  • rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    Reachsims wrote: »
    Awesome image @Readalot1 and thanks for sharing it. I wish I could grab you by the hand and take you to my favorite places in Japan. We would be silent partners as we clicked away on our cameras and bowed greetings to the friendly Japanese. <3 I have to add the heart there because that is what I feel for the Japanese. ALL LOVE. A funny little story... when I returned from living in Japan as an exchange student at the age of 16, I had grown so accustomed to using chopsticks that I was a bit of a klutz at using a fork and knife so months went by and my American family was putting up with my using chopsticks at the dinner table since I had come to be so awkward with the knife and fork...

November and Thanksgiving (in America) were coming and my mother "threatened" me about my table manners. She "expected" me to recover my lost skills with the knife and fork by the time Thanksgiving came around. Well, when push comes to shove... I had to relearn the skills of using the knife and fork but I have never lost the "skill" of using chopsticks. They just work better.

when I was a child I think 2 years old I learned chopsticks and I agree they are easier lol (my dad is half chinese) Ive never been outside of america really I did go to canada once loved it. Japan would be awesome to visit. china too. and Ive always wanted to see ireland lol. ops almost forgot to tag you @Reachsims
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Lovely pic, reminds me of The Mill (gate?). :)

One of my sister-in-laws is Irish, and I've always wanted to go. Bearing in mind we are only a ferry trip away, it's a shame we haven't made it. Such is life. :#
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
    Lovely pic, reminds me of The Mill (gate?). :)

One of my sister-in-laws is Irish, and I've always wanted to go. Bearing in mind we are only a ferry trip away, it's a shame we haven't made it. Such is life. :#

oh if you go I request pictures. Are ferrys expensive there?
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
    Okay, this is ridiculously late in coming, but I've barely touched this in the last three weeks. So, a very big thank you to @TnT_Terry for gifting me the Eleanor Elder and Puttin' on the Glitz Teen. I feel bad, because I've never really met you before, so this was kind of plummy of me :P Normally I'm much more prompt with my thank you's.

To apologize for my lateness, I'll give you a super-pretty, super-big picture!

colored-ti-%2B-ginger-at-Hawaii-Tropical-Botanical-Garden.jpg
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
    Another late thank you to @rionismyname for the Victorian Shoes for Women and the Elder's Blazer and Turtleneck Combo. And I totally agree with your travel plans too! I think those would all be very cool places.

4241573198_09149c2a0e_z.jpg
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
    And last on my list of late-skate thank you's is @simgeek79 . Thank you so much for the Tree Saw Wall Sculpture. I think it's kind of quirky and would look great in an evil Sim's home >:)

4949350415_3dcc7a671d_z.jpg
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
    A big thank you to @mothersuperior2 for gifting me Kevin's Underpants! For the longest time I just thought it was an inside joke revolving around the minion from Despicable Me named Kevin :p:D I suppose the little yellow guy dropping his pants in your siggy might have had something to do with that. Thank you for giving Kevin back his underpants - he's much more comfortable with them on than off :D Unfortunately for him, they just disappear and go off wandering around the Sims 3 Store all the time! However, in the picture on your wall it looks like he's found them again!

botanic-gardens.jpg
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
    Thank you @gnlovew for gifting me the Two Headed Water Vessel, Wattle and Daub Lamp, Corn Stew Pot, and Great Lakes Earthenware Pot. I've put off getting the Waning Moon set for a long time, because I honestly hate townies walking around in Bridgeport (or any other city) dressed in Jamestown clothes with Native American hair dyed purple! :p But the furniture and decorations are really fantastic. So thank you so much for gifting me the cute parts of this set!

6-20-2012-botanical-garden-1-orange-flowers.jpg
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
    Thank you @cristill13 for the Tall Mountains Bookcase! I agree, reading is a great pastime! So, in keeping with the theme, here's a mountain for you! Or, at least a picture of one :smile:

Kirstenbosch.jpg
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
    Readalot1 wrote: »
    Another late thank you to @rionismyname for the Victorian Shoes for Women and the Elder's Blazer and Turtleneck Combo. And I totally agree with your travel plans too! I think those would all be very cool places.

4241573198_09149c2a0e_z.jpg

sorry I took so long to say you're welcome but you're welcome
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
    An only-moderately late thank you to @Franny for the Slicked Hair and A Test of Friendship. Lol, it took me so long to figure out what your name was on the forums! :p And I have to say, I've always thought your signature was adorable. I'm always like, "Oooh, cute cheetah cubs!" So as a thank-you picture, you get....you guessed it, a cheetah family!

Garden-route-game-lodge-cheetah-cubs.jpg
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
    Thank you @charlotteprice for gifting me the River Rock Fireplace and the Retronik Lektronik by Phonokronik (what a keyboard-full that is to type)! They're both going to look so awesome in my houses! I really love the phonograph - it's so cool, and I've wanted it forever. Plus, the price of Club Vaindeburger has finally come down to a super-cheap 65 points! And you've also helped put a dent in the Waning Moon Set, which I'm going to try to buy on sale in the next half-hour or so. I love this picture, and I would make it bigger if I could - because big gifts deserve big pictures! - but I can't :'(

river-rock-fireplaces2a.JPG
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
    Thank you @cristill13 for gifting me the Short Life of the Raccoon and the Nektosha Sculpture. They'll definitely add some Thanksgiving-y kitsch (is that even a thing?) to my Sims' houses. More importantly, they'll help put a dent in the Waning Moon set that's about to go on sale!

A6293X-Raccoon-snack.jpg
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
    edited October 2015
    Thank you @Cogitotoro and @rosey1579 for the Rock n Roll, Blossom Twist, and Moon Over Water Mirror. I'm glad that you won in the Caption Contestfor the first time @rosey1579 ! It's always good to spread laughter. It was very generous of you to spread out your winnings. Thank you so much!

Kirstenbosch_(2)_380_252_80.jpg
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    You are very welcome! I love the pic, it is beautiful!

Check your mail, I was able to gift you what I saw for the Waning Moon Set!

*hugs*
    Wow! Thanks @charlotteprice !!!! I just refreshed the page as you said that and was like, "What just happened? Oh, I got gift-bombed!!!" :D You're such a wonderful person, always sneaking up on people's wishlists before their eyes!

4529184512_2062a462fa_z.jpg
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
    Aww, you are welcome! I hope you can get a better deal with Waning Moon now (unless you fall asleep before it comes up on DD)

*sneaky hugs*
    Don't worry, I'm on it! Well, I only have about 250 SP right now, so I'm just point-farming. But it came down to 425 on DD, so it's much better than the 600-something I'd calculated out before you gifted me!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
    Is there anything else for the set you can put on your WL?