Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game codes

Hi all,
I am asking on here because I EA's chat either isn't working or something I waited for hours and it said the wait was less than five minutes. I was wondering how to buy digital game codes to give as gifts for The Sims 3 games available on Origin? Also applies to Sims 4 perfect patio and luxury party stuff pack?
I know it's possible.
Thank you in advance
IcsaBkL.png

Comments

• MysticOstrich08MysticOstrich08 Posts: 701 Member
    I think you have to buy the chosen game then wait for the code to be emailed to you then send the code via inbox or gift a small gift and write the code in the comment box
    tROiX0l.gif

My Threads

My Creation Thread
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    I think even if it is anoying need to get CS... or you risk the code being linked to your acount!
    I know it can be done... but also about this downfall.... so be carefull.

I belive you need to know the email of the person your gifting it to... and their origin acount.
    if it is some one you know outside the forum, maybe give them a home made gift certificat on the game, then log in on their acount toghteres and bu it from there.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    You could buy a hard disc and then give someone the product code to type into Origin...
    Except then you'll have a hard disc and nothing to do with it.
  • ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    I know that you can do this with store worlds, as I recently brought a friend Roaring Heights from origin and gave her the code for her to redeem on the store and it worked. I have also seen sims 3 expansion/packs codes being given away by people who brought the origin version for the exclusive items. Now as to this, I cannot 100% guarantee that it was done with the origin code or the retail code, so I couldn't say for certain, like I can for the worlds. Sims 4 is a different story but I might be wrong, I can only say what happened to me. I brought Spa day and it downloaded to my origin account, there was no choice to gift. In my email, there is no code and so, there is no way for gift this to a friend. Which is pretty sad really because in steam you can gift any game but Origin don't allow it. :( Hopefully Origin will change this sometime but I wouldn't count on it.

<3
  • FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    The only Sims game I bought through Origin was the Sims Medieval plus its expansion pack... I can't remember if I had to type the code or not for it to show on my library. So sorry. From searching on google, it looks like you can't gift games you buy via Origin. I think that if you buy the games not through Origin (PC download), they email you the game's code. That would be safe to gift, I believe. I hope that helps!
  • SteveKarehaSteveKareha Posts: 160 Member
    You can always buy the games from external sites since most of them give out codes. But be careful where you buy from.
    Tumblr - MTS - TS3 Wishlist - TS3 Exchange - TS3 Top Five

Origin ID & Gallery: PinguinoGamer94 (Be sure to tick "See Custom Content"!)
  • princess0384princess0384 Posts: 417 Member
    Thanks for the answers everyone it was a big help.
    IcsaBkL.png