Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 kids

What is the best way to take care of kids in sims 2 because every time they get taken away

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2015
    Hi :)

Whenever there's a notice about the kids, make sure they're fine- hungry, hot, cold, grades in school. Don't leave them home alone after school...

What is the reason the game gives you before a social worker arrives?

(Make sure there's a roof on the house) ;)
  • dallymunoz21dallymunoz21 Posts: 99 Member
    Its either they're needs are to low or grades
  • NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    If their needs get low often make sure you have things that can fulfill their needs easily accessible. For hunger I like to have the little toy stove so they can make their own food, or if you have seasons have the parents make a group meal and put the leftovers away so the kids can just grab a plate whenever they need too. If you have seasons and they get too hot have them drink a couple of glasses of water (or if you have a juicer have someone make lemonade), and if they're too cold a bath or hot chocolate works nicely. For grades just make sure they do their homework everyday (and have them do any late homework as well), just make sure their needs are high enough so they won't just start their homework and then a couple minutes later stop doing it. :smile:
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Don't leave them home alone after school

Yea, I had completely forgotten about this one. I have been playing TS3, pretty much right after it came out, and stopped playing TS2, just until recently, because I had lost them. I was playing this single father with two kids in Veronaville. I was going to send him to take care of something, and leave the kids home. It was to install the alarm on the car. It took me a full two minutes to finally realize why he kept refusing to go. I had gotten so use to the TS3 way of parenting. lol

• xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    What? But I thought you couldn't leave your kids alone without a nanny? There's really a way?
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    xBob18 wrote: »
    What? But I thought you couldn't leave your kids alone without a nanny? There's really a way?

Yup. I know one time I had called a nanny at the wrong time so when my sim was a work she actually left a couple hours before my sim's shift was over and so the kids were left alone and the social worker came and took the kids. :disappointed:
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Always try to adjust the parent(s) or care taker(s) work schedules to adjust their kids needs. So when they come home they have a parent they can rely on and stuff. However, it was the hardest thing ever when I had two parents who each owned a business... ever since I have at least one stay at home parent in my hood as a relaxing method so they're always around when the kids come home :)
    Lift me up - Let me go
    And don't forget- Parents and older siblings can help them with their homework, it goes faster so they loose less fun.

Quick fun is playing Red Hands. :mrgreen:
  • dallymunoz21dallymunoz21 Posts: 99 Member
    What is the fastest way 2 raise the fun for toddlers
    edited August 2015
    What is the fastest way 2 raise the fun for toddlers

A toy. :)
  • chelseabeltonchelseabelton Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2015
    @dallymunoz21
    Hi!!! :D

What I do to take care of children is after they get home from school I make them watch the kids channel until their fun goes up. If their hunger is low i make the have some juice from the fridge for a snack or take a nap if they are tired etc etc. I also make sure that the parents have hired a nanny if they work past 3 pm, which is when the children get home from school, or if they go to work earlier than the bus arrives or if they have no older teenager siblings. Once the parents are home I make them help their child with homework, it makes them learn how to do their homework faster and not lose so much fun. Afterwards I make sure a family member has prepared a meal and that the whole family sits down to eat, that way they get good social time. Then I send the off to bed for a good night sleep. Do you have the seasons expansion?? :)

As for toddlers, the easier way to build up their fun is to give them a toy, such as the dollhouse or maybe the xylophon.