Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't export a custom world from Create-a-World

So I finally finished a world I've been working on for almost a week now, but every time I try to export it, it says
"Exporting world failed!
Cannot export the world. The world file has no name.
Cannot export the world. The world file has no description.
Cannot export the world. The world file has no thumbnail."
Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I missed? :c

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

You have to give the world a name and all that- it's the same place where you add layers to the world. Right click on the world name=

7be78c1e-8c67-4360-8a16-93eb1e7d317b.png
    Not my picture.

Save and then you should be able to export it.
  • SylvarmystSylvarmyst Posts: 2 New Member
    Oh my gosh thank you
    I feel so dumb now lol
  • flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    Hey Rf I recognize that pic....lol looks like the beginnings of Cheverly!
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

You're welcome. :mrgreen:

Hi, Rider :D

Is it? Cool! It was the first when I searched. I hope you don't mind. :blush:
  • Shelterdog4Shelterdog4 Posts: 6 New Member
    I know this thread is old but I need help. I filled in the name and description, but the thumbnail is never accepted. Says its the wrong size and bits. I tried many different pics and none worked. So I tried exporting without a thumbnail, and it still says there is no name or description or thumbnail. Which I do have a name and description. Please help!!
    I know this thread is old but I need help. I filled in the name and description, but the thumbnail is never accepted. Says its the wrong size and bits. I tried many different pics and none worked. So I tried exporting without a thumbnail, and it still says there is no name or description or thumbnail. Which I do have a name and description. Please help!!

Hi :)

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool and choose the default thumbnail.

Also, if you're making one with Windows Paint, all I needed to do was copy a small part of a picture, open a New Paint and paste it. Then save it as a .png with a new name. Make sure when sizing, change it to *pixels and make it 256x256.

My old Win7 can make it without any problem. Make sure to start a New Paint and don't save over an old picture. :)
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/f21g99bd899nd/
    Here is a basic thumbnail. I just keep it in my sims3 folder with all my other sims junk ;) (Hope it works)