Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Party Fail.. EVERYTIME! ugh

I have a few sims who long to be party animals and are very social. I've tried throwing countless parties to satisfy their aspiration needs. No matter what I try, how many sims I invite or how much $ I spend. I cannot for the life of me get a good party going, I fail. I've earned 2 bronze medals TOTAL and had over 25+ Parties. It's very frustrating, I am at the point of giving up.
Has anyone else had a problem with earning medals by hosting parties?

It's kinda sad, especially when I've had this major wedding in the works for a few weeks and then I get a big fat "Your Party Stunk" ... message after trying so hard to get the married sims friendships up with plenty of others and set the whole scene for pretty pics, baking cakes and all the decorating. Ugh.
giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

Comments

• Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Always but ALWAYS complete the primary (generally 10 social interactions or something like that).

For house parties put the fridge in your family inv, put a stereo in a good place (turn it on) and have two sets of excellent food on a table in a prominent place. That should get you most of the way there, esp if you have a pool.

One thing I don't like is having a caterer. I had Bob Pancakes turn up, made 6 dishes then wet himself and passed out on the sofa! Thanx Bob! ;)
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Forget parties.
    Run dates.

IIRC I did write about this a year back...
    To grab that aspiration easy, run dates as much as you can. Easy to get gold.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Sorry for doublepost, but found it:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/786516/date-social-event
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    While I was doing the "🐸🐸🐸🐸" aspiration, you know, the one where you have to grab gold dates here and there, suddenly this achievement kicked in:

bljak.jpg

I was like, what the plum (I wrote the word "plum", in reality I sad another word).

Apparently, the game counts dates as social events.

Getting gold on a date is easy, If I knew that I'd do dates like crazy during my chase on Party Animal aspiration! I did get gold on normal parties, but cmon. Also you can date just about anywhere. One step of Party Animal aspiration wants you to do a social event on 10 unique lots which means you need to go weddings or birthdays with some house owner posing as a caterer so you can do the party in his/her house. With dating this is so much simpler!

Don't do the same mistake I did.

EDIT:
    This is also nifty to know:
    Attend an event on 10 different locations = avoid hassle of employing a caterer = go to a date.
    Do dates on different locations. No need to go for gold medals, start a date, choose a new location, suffer the loadscreen, stop the date (click on the timer).

You can do birthday parties if you don't want to go romances yet on public lots, don't worry noone will age up, again, just start the party, choose a lot, again a loadscreen for god's sakes, end the party (with timer, don't blow candles!). However you'll need to make 2 b. parties with a caterer that is a part of some household to be able to enter his or her home.

And this:
    Wait a minute... The actual goal is to earn gold on a party? In this case bday?

Cmon. Do what I did.
    Easiest and longest (time) social events are - dates.
    Second easiest social events are dinners (buy a bar and a radio, put them in the kitchen*!).
    You'll earn gold every single time you do them (unless, well, maid comes and throws the perfect food in the trashcan).

Set your sim to do party monster (okay... animal) aspiration.
    It's a bit grindy, but you know the drill. When it asks for soc. events, do dates. When it says throw a pary or attend a party, do dinners.
    To get gold on dinners, you may leave one task unfulfilled before calling for meal, otherwise it'll be just silver.
    All social events you can end before the timer expires (just click on that timer), so when the aspiration says throw a party, just throw it and then end it. Don't waste time on it! Do the whole party only when it states to make it silver or gold.
    In no time you'll receive a trait that allows you to skip a few steps in other party types and still earn gold!

To sum it up. In the end you have:
    - a trait that earns you gold on any party although you skip a few minitasks not just one
    - a crapload of items you earned from gold dates and gold dinners (house/lot inventory, sell for nice cash)

Finally I did all that with a household of two sims. It'd be easier with a household of three sims (one host and two guests on dinners). It's near impossible with a household where only one sim lives. Sims 4 is not ment for soloing.
    I created a guide about parties, maybe you can prepare some of the additional goals. The additional goals varies each time you trow a party. http://sims-online.com/sims-4-social-events-throwing-party/
    Didn't see this before, sadly... I wish I did when I was struggling with parties. :(
    Nice guide nevertheless, thumb up!

*dinner gold earning kitchen looks like this in my game, on the bottom right is the fireplace, other stuff is pretty obvious:
    kitchen.jpg

Geez, when did I wrote all of these... Totally forgot
    LOL
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    is that kitchen available for download on the gallery? Lush!
  • Options
    No sorry. Never uploaded it.
    And then got struck with overbloated savegame bug so I tried to fix it which included buldozing my lots (didn't help, but...).

Anyway, it's super easy and fast to combine.
    You may add two environment_10 paintings on walls if the level of happyness is not +3.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Sorry for doublepost, but found it:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/786516/date-social-event
    While I was doing the "🐸🐸🐸🐸" aspiration, you know, the one where you have to grab gold dates here and there, suddenly this achievement kicked in:

bljak.jpg

I was like, what the plum (I wrote the word "plum", in reality I sad another word).

Apparently, the game counts dates as social events.

Getting gold on a date is easy, If I knew that I'd do dates like crazy during my chase on Party Animal aspiration! I did get gold on normal parties, but cmon. Also you can date just about anywhere. One step of Party Animal aspiration wants you to do a social event on 10 unique lots which means you need to go weddings or birthdays with some house owner posing as a caterer so you can do the party in his/her house. With dating this is so much simpler!

Don't do the same mistake I did.

EDIT:
    This is also nifty to know:
    Attend an event on 10 different locations = avoid hassle of employing a caterer = go to a date.
    Do dates on different locations. No need to go for gold medals, start a date, choose a new location, suffer the loadscreen, stop the date (click on the timer).

You can do birthday parties if you don't want to go romances yet on public lots, don't worry noone will age up, again, just start the party, choose a lot, again a loadscreen for god's sakes, end the party (with timer, don't blow candles!). However you'll need to make 2 b. parties with a caterer that is a part of some household to be able to enter his or her home.

And this:
    Wait a minute... The actual goal is to earn gold on a party? In this case bday?

Cmon. Do what I did.
    Easiest and longest (time) social events are - dates.
    Second easiest social events are dinners (buy a bar and a radio, put them in the kitchen*!).
    You'll earn gold every single time you do them (unless, well, maid comes and throws the perfect food in the trashcan).

Set your sim to do party monster (okay... animal) aspiration.
    It's a bit grindy, but you know the drill. When it asks for soc. events, do dates. When it says throw a pary or attend a party, do dinners.
    To get gold on dinners, you may leave one task unfulfilled before calling for meal, otherwise it'll be just silver.
    All social events you can end before the timer expires (just click on that timer), so when the aspiration says throw a party, just throw it and then end it. Don't waste time on it! Do the whole party only when it states to make it silver or gold.
    In no time you'll receive a trait that allows you to skip a few steps in other party types and still earn gold!

To sum it up. In the end you have:
    - a trait that earns you gold on any party although you skip a few minitasks not just one
    - a crapload of items you earned from gold dates and gold dinners (house/lot inventory, sell for nice cash)

Finally I did all that with a household of two sims. It'd be easier with a household of three sims (one host and two guests on dinners). It's near impossible with a household where only one sim lives. Sims 4 is not ment for soloing.
    I created a guide about parties, maybe you can prepare some of the additional goals. The additional goals varies each time you trow a party. http://sims-online.com/sims-4-social-events-throwing-party/
    Didn't see this before, sadly... I wish I did when I was struggling with parties. :(
    Nice guide nevertheless, thumb up!

*dinner gold earning kitchen looks like this in my game, on the bottom right is the fireplace, other stuff is pretty obvious:
    kitchen.jpg

Geez, when did I wrote all of these... Totally forgot
    LOL

Wow what a fantastic idea, Thank you so much! Now I got to make her some more sims to date!
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3