Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Bundle Pack 1 isn't Worth It?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but buying each stuff pack and game pack separately on Origin is actually cheaper than buying this new bundle on Amazon.

Luxury Party: £7.99
Perfect Patio: £7.99
Spa Day: £14.99
Total: £30.97

Bundle 1: £34.84

Ehm?
'Understanding is half the battle. Fireballs are the other half.'
- Acolyte Sousuke

'You can English in an English way all the way to the English'
'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'

Comments

• sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Probably because of the packaging.
  • EniracYEniracY Posts: 1,008 Member
    Which is ridiculous because it's a digital download anyway.
    - Acolyte Sousuke

'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    EniracY wrote: »

Well then it's a rip off.
  • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    in UK game store selling bundle for £29.99
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Are they on sale now separately? I thought all SPs were $10 and GPs were $20
  • Zola1016Zola1016 Posts: 223 Member
    It was £30.53 before the release. They've raised the price today
    keep-calm-and-sing-smelly-cat-4.png
    Smelly cat, Smelly Cat
    What are they feeding you?
    Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat
    It's not your fault!
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    The reason why the DLC has been so cheap is that EA don't have to worry about paying expenses to ship it out.
    They can make items cheaper by paying no distribution costs which means we get better value.

The reason why this is more expensive is because you are paying for the distribution. Which is why EA were against releasing Stuff Packs and Game Packs in store. Because it would mean the price to cover distribution costs would go up.

Buying Worlds in store rather than on the Sims 3 store was also more expensive. I could have bought Hidden Springs instore for $30 where it's only $20 on the store.
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Is for people that don't want or can't pay online with credit card or paypal.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    People please.
    Every DLC including the bundled versions have different prices in different stores.
    Origin is not Amazon nor is other stores and prices will differ.
    You, as a smart person, will of course buy what you want where you'll pay less. If prices are the same, you'll buy anywhere.
    For bargains, it's always good to wait for a sale and it's only your choice if you'll buy something at it's release day or later when it gets discounted.

• jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »

This is exactly what I was thinking. I've seen a lot of complaints about that.
  • UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    edited July 2015
    Just shopped around in a few online places where you can buy cd keys online, I found the game pack for about 27 euro. Thats around 20 pounds. For that price I might just buy it
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member

I was at Best Buy recently and you could buy cards for Origin and Steam. I realize everyone isn't in the US. Gift cards are the only way I use iTunes since I had a fraudulent charge on my CC from them. I will never give them CC info again.
    Well I suppose it gives more people access to The Sims 4 and it's extra bits. Shopping around first usually always pays off anyway.
    - Acolyte Sousuke

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »

OP was talking about British pounds -- not sure what the current exchange rate is but that could be the reason for the difference.

As for the pricing, was that in a store or on Origin? I saw the packaging at Target the other day but I forgot how much it was -- I think it was 29.99 which would be the same price as buying the two packs (Patio Stuff and Spa Day) separately.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    edited August 2015
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but buying each stuff pack and game pack separately on Origin is actually cheaper than buying this new bundle on Amazon.

Ehm?
    Lol, I think they made a mistake there! It is now being quoted at £36.98 but also says it is out of stock. I've seen it at £29.99 at a different store, but my favourite place has it on sale for £21.99.
  • Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited August 2015
    I read on SimsVIP that in the USA, we're only getting Spa Day and Perfect Patio in a Bundle, for $30. It will be sold at Walmart and Target stores. Strange they didn't include Luxury Party in the bundle for US simmers.

That's $20 for the GP, $10 for the SP so same price as buying them individually. Not really a savings, but it's easier for some people like me to purchase.
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »

OP was talking about British pounds -- not sure what the current exchange rate is but that could be the reason for the difference.

As for the pricing, was that in a store or on Origin? I saw the packaging at Target the other day but I forgot how much it was -- I think it was 29.99 which would be the same price as buying the two packs (Patio Stuff and Spa Day) separately.

$1 = 75p (£0.75) approx
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member

I was at Best Buy recently and you could buy cards for Origin and Steam. I realize everyone isn't in the US. Gift cards are the only way I use iTunes since I had a fraudulent charge on my CC from them. I will never give them CC info again.

I wish we could get them in the UK bit we cant. Mind you I own everything so far for 4 and I used origin it doesn't bother me that much. I've seen alot of people unhappy tho about the content being digital. My friends daughter plays the Sims 4 and couldn't buy the stuff\game packs with her pocket money. I've bought them all for her now tho anyway.
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    I read on SimsVIP that in the USA, we're only getting Spa Day and Perfect Patio in a Bundle, for $30. It will be sold at Walmart and Target stores. Strange they didn't include Luxury Party in the bundle for US simmers.

That's $20 for the GP, $10 for the SP so same price as buying them individually. Not really a savings, but it's easier for some people like me to purchase.

When you say US do you mean capitalised us or US as in USA?
    Earlier I was in GAME UK (it was a big one) and as I walked past the PC games to the console games (ps4 to be exact) and i saw physical case copies of luxury party and perfect patio and get to work (only recently I think they got them in) and the base game on the top shelf. Caught my eye. The economy of European countries is collapsing (sad but true) so less people buy online (but most still do) so maybe ea wants the same business so sells them as off the shelf products. This is just a theory though since it seems to be Europe getting the 3-item bundle instead of 2-item bundle, aswell as occasional retailers selling physical and I don't mean codes, no they have proper cases. My idea is only a theory and never will be anything more.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
    emmaning wrote: »

Earlier I was in GAME UK (it was a big one) and as I walked past the PC games to the console games (ps4 to be exact) and i saw physical case copies of luxury party and perfect patio and get to work (only recently I think they got them in) and the base game on the top shelf. Caught my eye. The economy of European countries is collapsing (sad but true) so less people buy online (but most still do) so maybe ea wants the same business so sells them as off the shelf products. This is just a theory though since it seems to be Europe getting the 3-item bundle instead of 2-item bundle, aswell as occasional retailers selling physical and I don't mean codes, no they have proper cases. My idea is only a theory and never will be anything more.

Oops I mean USA!
    emmaning wrote: »

You may be on to something there, your theory makes sense.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member

No if you want to display the coverart it isn't ridiculous. I happen to be a collector.
  • djaygamerdjaygamer Posts: 196 Member

Ehm?

Its actually the other way round here in Australia.

Luxury Party: $15
    Perfect Patio: $15
    Spa Day: $30

Total: $60

Price of Bundle: $49.95

Saving of $11.05
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Amazon usually has decent prices. Not sure why the bundle is more expensive there.

Ebay should have better deals for both the individual games and the bundles.
    I saw the bundle on Amazon at that price. Odd.
    - Acolyte Sousuke