Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAW giving me red water/black sun reflection

Ok, so as of late, CAW has been giving me a red water and black sun reflection in the red water. It's really starting to annoy me because it's impossible to work with texture colours and stuff when it looks like that. At first I thought it was because of the skycolour mods I have and the CC starmap, but I took them out of the game to test, but it's still giving me the same grief.

I've uninstalled CAW and re-installed twice, but it doesn't help. It goes right back to the red water. The only thing that "helps" is choosing a height map of 100 instead of 200 or 300, it seems. But with 100, I can't make mountains... and i wanted mountains. Also, when I close a world (but not the program), the background of the window where you work on your world, goes completely red, instead of the default purple or something.

I've never dealt with INI sky colouring myself or anything, so I don't understand why, if weird colouring would be the deal. I've also never opened someone elses world in CAW.

Someone please help!! I want to make a world! ;_;

Comments

• shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    so here's some examples. Sometimes, if I go in and out of CAW a million times, and if I choose 200 height map, it gives me red sky but managable water. And not a messed up sun sometimes. So this time I was lucky and the sky and sun was OK, but it's still bugging me so much. Like, the sun's reflection is all over my map!?? It almost looks like the entire thing is upside down.

sims3-3_zps9vxkusja.jpg

sims3_zpskzcuzmoe.jpg

^ I mean ?!??!? really???!?
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hi @shakeninsane not sure if you visited the main CAW sticky for troubleshooting links http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/278761/caw-faqs-links-to-tutorials-and-resources-textures-troubleshooting/p1

also CAW is the very best place to ask Qs to confirm its a CAW thing

but its possible its also graphic card related post specs would help for tech
    to post hit windows key + R enter dxdiag run report hit save all info and notepad doc will open copy/paste the whole long report here, thanks!
  • shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member

System Information
    Time of this report: 11/12/2015, 22:47:31
    Machine name: KVERNKNURREST
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.151019-1254)
    Language: Norwegian (Bokmål) (Regional Setting: Norwegian (Bokmål))
    System Manufacturer: ASUS
    System Model: All Series
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/07/13 16:22:10 Ver: 03.09
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8132MB RAM
    Page File: 2761MB used, 13501MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

DirectX Debug Levels
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)
  • AsPuddingAsPudding Posts: 2 New Member
    Ok so I know this thread is a year old, but I had exactly the same issue, and while I'm pretty sure this isn't the cause of the problem, I found a way to get it back to normal.

In the upper part of CAW, you have three things ( mine is in French so I don't exactly know how they're named, but it should be something sorta like this ) " File / Display / About "

You need to go in the Display thing, and then in " Hour ". It should open a little window with settings for the time of the day, how fast it goes, and the cloudiness. It's the cloudiness part that we're looking for. If you move it all the way to the left, it should be back to normal.
    If it's already left, try moving it one time right, and then left again.

This need to be done every time you open CAW, though, so it's more a work around than a fix, but it's still that !

I'm guessing it's way too late to help you, but I figured I might as well put a solution here for future players that have this issue ( at least, when I first encountered it, it's the only place I found a problem similar to mine, so.. )