April 19 - We just released a small patch for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac - click here for more details.
April 11 - Outdoor fun for a Stuff Pack? Take a look at our giveaway!

Posting Youtube clips

How do you do it?

I only see an option to post images, but people are posting videos in many threads, and on their personal page too.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member

For YouTube? Just post the link. The server does it for you.

• SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    Magnificent, thank you!
  • hope1275hope1275 Posts: 264 Member
    edited August 2015
    You can also embed videos in your wall with BBCode. Basically, this is how you do it. Let's say you want to insert this video:

https://www.youtube .com /watch?v= E7Eso6d9vik

Take the part that comes after the equal sign, and insert it in the middle of this with no spaces anywhere (only instead of YT, you have to write out youtube):

[YT][/YT]

So for the video above, the code would be this: [YT]E7Eso6d9vik[/YT] (but again, with youtube written out instead of YT)

And this is the result:

z8Bu8FZ.gif

• JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Errrm... I believe necroing this today won't help OP.
  • hope1275hope1275 Posts: 264 Member
    That's not why I was posting it. I was posting it for others who were looking for the same answer like I was when I first wanted to do it, since there weren't any other threads I could find.

z8Bu8FZ.gif

• picnikstoragepicnikstorage Posts: 67 Member
    don't put the link of the video using the url icon in the editing menu . Paste the url directly here in the comment box.
  • iamduniamdun Posts: 512 Member
    don't put the link of the video using the url icon in the editing menu. Paste the url directly here in the comment box.

This was so helpful! I haven't done any posting for a while and your comment is what I needed! Thanks!