Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Para)Normal Neighborhood [Updated 9/11]

1111213141517...Next

Comments

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Wah!! :bawling:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @pammiechick I knowwwwww :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Well that was sad. Poor Juniper and John/Jane. I sure hope she can forgive him. They are such a cute couple.(Not sure couple is the right word but they are great together, all 3.)
  • Options
    Yeah this one hurt a lot @suzanna13 :( I think "couple" works... but definitely not a traditional couple :joy: we just have to wait and see if they're able to recover from this... :(
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Ouch, my heart. I desperately hoped for a next button, but that was in vain.
    Juniper... John should definitely fix this mess, just for her, not with the intention to get back together
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @Sterretjeee I'm so sorry for forgetting to reply to your comment! :heart: And YES, this is a mess that so desperately needs fixing!

I wanted to give everyone an update, since we were supposed to have a new chapter this week and we did not. I've been super busy because not only am I working six days a week, but I'm also taking a class on Mondays after work (it just started last week on the 18th), so I've just been crazy drained :( I barely have any time to write A2A, which is my priority (sorry... :( )

All this is leading up to the fact that... I'm not 100% sure when the next chapter will be :/ But I am hoping it will be within the next 2-3 weeks. I just can't say for sure at this time and I don't want to leave you guys completely in the dark about it. I am sorry, but I think you guys have learned after my past hiatuses that I do always return and will never ever abandon this story. We just might be in for a bit of a longer pause (And I'd been doing so well with Season Two too! :bawling:)

Thank you guys for your understanding :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Take the time you need. We'll be here when you return.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    Take the time you need. We'll be here when you return.

Exactly, sometimes life takes priority. :)
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    @CitizenErased14 It looks like you left off with this story some time ago for personal reasons, and that's totally understandable. I just wanted to let you know, I am really enjoying what you have written. For some reason, I adore clueless characters so I've totally fallen in love with Juniper. :heart:

I'm only on chapter 10 at the moment, but Mr. Grimm cracked me up so bad in that one that I almost woke my husband up with my laughter. I was really surprised at what talent you have for humor writing and humorous visuals, since Dust to Dust was so much more serious. I love all the detail through the windows and in the background! I know just how much work it can be to set up and time that kind of thing right, and I'm very impressed. The story's so good, though, I usually have to go back through a second time to catch everything, because the first time I'm engrossed in the hilarious dialogue. Extremely well done! :smile:

I plan to continue reading the story even if you don't ever come back to it. I know how life is.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    @GlacierSnow Thank you so much for checking out PNN! :heart: I know it’s been abandoned for a very long time, but believe it or not, I DO plan on returning to it! I have big plans for the rest of this story, it just got too much to juggle this story AND my legacy AND real life (darn you, real life!) so it might have to wait until my legacy story has ended before I revive PNN... but it’s not as dead as Mr. Grimm’s dates, don’t worry! :joy:

I’m glad you’re enjoying my foray into humor! Drama is usually my “thing”, but I do love comedy too! Glad you love poor clueless Juniper :joy: She will always be one of my fave characters I’ve written.

Thanks again for reading, and sharing your thoughts too! :heart: I appreciate it!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 I'm on Season Two now, just finished episode seventeen. ROFL! That hilarious restroom scene at the end! I love your screenshots :heart::joy:

You are extremely good at comedy, even if you feel drama is more your "thing". No reason you can't combine the two. :smiley:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you so much @GlacierSnow ! :heart: I loved that scene :joy: Man, you’re making me eager to come back to PNN! (Which is still part of my plan!)

And you’re right that the two can go together! :) It took quite a while haha but in my legacy I started incorporating some humor in Gens 7 and 8 alongside the drama and it’s been a lot of fun! (Straight up soap-opera drama can be fun in its own way too sometimes though! :tongue:)

Thanks again for reading and sharing your thoughts on PNN! You’re awesome :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    @CitizenErased14 Just read Episode 21. :joy: "Darth Vader" going over the fence! :joy::joy::love: I haven't laughed that hard in ages! Love the reveal about Cole too. What an awesome twist!

You really should come back and work on this story. It's too good to let drop. :smiley:

Edit- Update: Chapter 24 Oooo, poor John/Jane/'X'Ogan' :heartbreak:I'd love that green alien guy

You are a fantastic storyteller!
    Post edited by GlacierSnow on
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    @CitizenErased14 So it seems I've come to the end of what is available. I can really relate to needing to cut back on commitments and prioritize things that matter. Especially real life things. I hope the things you talked about in your post have turned out all right for you and that life is going well for you now.

If you ever do come back to this story, I'll definitely be back as a cheering fan! :heart::heart::heart: You have a lot of talent for this style of humor and storytelling, whether you realize it or not. A thoroughly entertaining experience. :smiley: Thank you for creating it!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    @GlacierSnow Thank you so much for all your kind words! I’m really happy you love PNN so much, and I feel so guilty that I’ve been on hiatus for almost two freaking years! :scream:

Basically, my real life went crazy really quickly and I had to cut back... not only was I taking a class and working six days a week, like I said in my last update in this thread, but things got even more insane quickly after that — My boyfriend (now fiancé) had a massive near-fatal health scare just a couple weeks after I published that last chapter (he was fine but it was so scary!) and this all happened in the midst of house-hunting, which continued when he got better (and was also very time-consuming!). Then we bought a house and moved in, then we got engaged a few months later, and my life became consumed by wedding planning... it’s been a whirlwind to say the least :joy: (Even my legacy has suffered — has to cut back to once a week updates in the midst of all this craziness!)

Sorry for sharing all that personal stuff haha Point is, the past year and a half or so has been total madness in both good and bad ways, and poor PNN had to suffer because of it :(

I’m hoping that, by September, I’ll be able to return to this story, even if it’s just once a week updates. September will be 2 years since the last chapter and I don’t think I can let myself leave it hanging for any longer than that!

Thank you again for taking the time to read! I really love this story and look forward to coming back to it :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 No need to feel guilty. Real life and the people we love should always come first. Everything else is a luxury we may or may not have the time for at any given point in our lives.

Congratulations on the new house and the engagement!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg