Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What expansion pack should I get?

thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
So i just started up my old laptop (I finally found the charger!) Which plays Sims 3 beautifully. The computer I was using couldn't handle more than one expansion so I was pretty bummed.

Anyway, I have most of the EP's, but I need to decide on which one I should get next. (especially since they're only 19.99 :o ) I currently have Pets, Island Paradise, Generations, Ambitions, WA, and Supernatural. I also have the Late Night disc somewhere so I don't want to rebuy it until I'm at least 95% sure its gone.

So the options are Seasons, Showtime, Into the Future, and University. What do you all think?

(Edit for typos)

Comments

• maryukmaryuk Posts: 60 Member
    If I was to choose just the one EP I would go with Seasons as it adds some realism to the open world.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Out of those I'd pick Seasons. The weather is really nice to have and livens up the game a lot imo... the always sunny word before seasons was kind of boring to me. I also like the festivals, good places to send the family out to have some fun. And the holidays are nice to have, a day off of work and a day off school for the kids, makes for a good family day.

University Life is good too. The uni courses help boost career level and pay when your sim gets a job related to their field of study, which is a plus of course. And it's fun to send sims off to uni sometimes. But honestly I don't use this one tons, but I enjoy it when I do.

Showtime, imo, is just okay, I didn't even have it installed for the longest time and didn't miss it terribly. I did like somethings, the genie, some of the clothing. Occasionally it was fun to run through the jobs too.

ITF didn't even interest me enough to buy, so I can't speak on that.

So yeah, I'd go with seasons first out of those choices.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Out of those, I'd say Seasons. It makes the world more interesting and more dynamic. The weather adds a touch of realism and a sense of immersion. And the festivals are so much fun. It really makes the neighborhood feel more like an actual community when you visit a festival lot and see your sim's neighbors taking part in a hot dog eating contest or skating together on the skating rink. :smile:

My second favorite of the ones you listed is University Life. It's a nice expansion and it gives a little depth and progression to a sim's life story. The objects that come with it are nice, and there are some fun things to do.

But, I'd definitely recommend getting Seasons first because it has such an impact on everything. (Even UL, because it's pretty cool experiencing autumn at Uni while the leaves are changing colors and all. Feels like real life.)
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    going to reiterate what everyone else has already said, Seasons, for so many reasons. And like Gabby I also like Uni second best of what you've listed. Honestly now that I've played with Seasons, I will never play without it again.
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    If I were you, I would wait for a sale, or look for other CD key stores, you can buy expansions at a lot cheaper prices there. I bought Late Night cd key just for €1 (seriously no kidding, but that's very rare though, I was lucky)

Anyway, for recommendations, since I am a whovian, I strongly recommend ITF. It has everything you would expect from a sci-fi EP, hover cars, robots, jetpacks, digital pets, holo tvs/computers etc. It also has very good lot types, such as non-rabbithole gallery shop where you can buy furniture and clothing, and also non-rabbithole cafeteria lot. It also has good furnitures. I use the furniture came with it almost every game I play (totaly sci-fi lover :p )

Enough of ITF, after that I would also recommend University Life. It gets boring though after you finish university a couple of times, but again it has very good lot types. Especially arcade and coffee shop. Also it introduces cool skills like science skill and social networking.

Third one is Showtime. It gets boring too like UL though after you finish careers one time. It has some cool furniture, venues and a good world. Personally one of my favourite worlds.

The last one is Seasons, nothing really interests me with the exception of aliens and winter.
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I think I'd have to go with the majority for this one. Seasons adds so much interesting game play I'd have to choose it. You already have my favorite, though it doesn't seem to be very popular, and that'd be WA :) Love the tombs!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    I have to agree, I was going to say ITF or Showtime, but then I was like "I can't imagine not having weather at this point".
  • kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    I would recommend Seasons and University first, since they add some great realism to the game. Seasonal festivals are great, you get a lot of activities with Seasons plus some added party types, like Feast Party and Gift giving party. And University is a lot of fun, new clothes, lots of new activities. If you get a degree or reach the top of Nerd, Rebel or Jock social group you get a new slot for another trait that you can pick for your sim. Weather and university are two things I have to have to make my game feel more like real life.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I would buy all four if I didn't own any of them though I do have all of them except for Showtime and I'm trying to buy that one.I also want Ambitions at the same time and the only way I can afford both is to use my hairstylist money.I love the other packs because they all add so much to the game.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited July 2015
    I also have the Late Night disc somewhere so I don't want to rebuy it until I'm at least 95% sure its gone.

If you registered your games with EA when you purchased them, you can install the EP through Origin w/o having the actual disk. Which is the sole useful feature of that pile of crap.

I somehow lost my original Sims 3 base game disk, and when I reinstalled recently, I had to install Origin, install the base game, then remove Origin again, and install my EPs & SPs.
  • thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    bklienhart wrote: »
    I also have the Late Night disc somewhere so I don't want to rebuy it until I'm at least 95% sure its gone.

If you registered your games with EA when you purchased them, you can install the EP through Origin w/o having the actual disk. Which is the sole useful feature of that pile of crap.

I somehow lost my original Sims 3 base game disk, and when I reinstalled recently, I had to install Origin, install the base game, then remove Origin again, and install my EPs & SPs.
    Unfortunately, I never did. It belonged to my sister. It's probably gathering dust in a drawer somewhere, I'll find it eventually.
  • rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    Seasons, then Uni
  • FloridaSimmerFloridaSimmer Posts: 358 Member
    University Life
    Origin: Floridasimmer

giphy.gif