Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Raise The People Challenge

SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
edited February 2016 in The Sims 3 Stories and Legacies
Once again, this challenge is geared towards Sims 3, but you could probably try to do it in Sims 4 with some minor modifications. I'm pretty sure this challenge has already been done before, but I wanted to do make one with my own twist on it. :3 This challenge is about creating a foster home/ orphanage based off one or more of the ideas below. As always, if you have any ideas or any advice, please post it! I will read them and most likely add it to the original post. :) I'll also add more ideas later on, and you may combine ideas for more of a challenge (For example, a home for girls + troubled teens + a limited foster home).

RULES: (italics/***=optional rule, bold=non-negotiable)
~Mods that are allowed (but not necessary): Mods that allow you to have more than 8 sims in a household, tattoo mods, pregnancy mods, NRAAS story progression mod, traveling mods. I will allow Master Controller, but you may only use it to add more than 8 sims to a household, or to show demographics, or to change the name of the household, or similar actions.
~Cheats that are allowed: Testingcheatsenabled true, Family Funds/ kaching/ motherlode, reset a sim, free real estate (Only at the beginning to move the starter sim into a specific UNFURNISHED house), shift-click and teleport around town,
~You may NOT use the following lifetime rewards: Age Freeze, Clone Voucher, Dusty Old Lamp, Immortal, Inheritance, Moodlet Manager (On sims in the household. Sims outside the household can be managed :3), Philosopher's Stone, Simmunity, Suave Seller, Super Nanny, and Young Again.
~You need to figure out a reasonable weekly check from the government for the family considering the fact that they're running a foster home. Something withing the range of 1,000 every week to about 10,000 every other week.
~If you do not have the ability to remove bills, either find a creative way to use that in your story line (such as needing to pay off the rest of the house like you would in real life), or just add the money back to your family through the family funds cheat.
~You must start out with no more than 10,000 simoleons to redesign/remodel a house and get the starting children.
~If the owner(s) of the foster home were to die, use one of the foster kids or the children of the owner(s) as a replacement to keep it going.
~You can only adopt the children through the use of the phone or (if possible) the computer. You cannot use "add to active family."
~Unless listed otherwise in the idea, you *MUST* use the trait randomizer to generate traits.
~***If you want, the owners of the foster home can have kids of their own. These kids cannot be treated differently from the foster kids, though.
~***Create a story for your challenge either in the forums or in some other site, providing the link here for me to include below should you desire
~***Once the kids reach young adult stage, you may move them out if you want, or use them as the new owners of the foster home

People Doing The Challenge:
~

You WIN if:
~You hit 5+ generations of owners.
~You raise 20 + sims from the household before anybody dies/ gets taken away.

You LOSE if:
~You get a child taken away by a social worker.
~You run out of people to take care of the foster home.

Ideas:
♦Limited Foster Home♦
~2-3 foster kids per adult in the household.
~Maximum of 3 adults in the household.
~You can only start out with 10,000 simoleons.
~You must have an equal amount of foster girls as you do foster boys.

♦Home For Girls♦
~Create adult Nuns/Sisters as the caretakers of the foster home.
~Strict rules are required (EX: bedtime at 7 or 3 lashings).
~Only girls allowed to be adopted.

♦Home For Boys♦
~Every boy must be involved in some sort of outside activity - be it a sport, guitar, fishing, or similar activity.
~Only boys allowed to be adopted.
~Loose rules.

♦Maximum Capacity Home♦ (needs a mod to allow more sims per household...)
~Adopt as many kids as your game can handle of either baby, toddler or child and raise them.
~Maximum of four adults to take care of all the kids.

♦Troubled Teens♦
~Adopt (not create) children and immediately age them up to teens however you want to.
~Go in either through cheats or through the midlife crisis reward and change their traits to be troubled/naughty children. Change the way they look as well if you want. Try to personalize them as much as possible (A very flirty sim, an evil sim, etc...).
~If you want to go the extra mile, add a background story for each of the teens as to why they are the way they are.

♦Boot Camp♦
~Adopt kids and make the home a training camp.
~Adopt both boys and girls of all ages to make it fair.
~When they grow old enough, send them off to join the military.

♦Behind Broken Doors♦ (WARNING: This idea is meant to be sad and is for those evil simmers who love to toy with heart strings [like me])
~Have a founder. You could do a couple if you want, or you could do just a single sim.
~Adopt sims that are of child age ONLY. When they reach young adult, you can have them move out. But these children aren't to be treated nicely.
~Backstory: The sim(s) can't have children of their own without complications that could result in death. So, they decided to run a foster home. The problem is, they're not the nicest of parents. They're not afraid to slap their kids a little bit... But they put on a very good show to keep the home running.

*NEW*
♦Pets Rescue♦
~***(Optional) No going into the point of view of the pets. Ever. Like an ISBI.
~You have one or two sims as the founder (any age, any background, any gender).
~They have to "rescue" large animals (Cats, dogs, horses...) and take care of them until they can be put up for adoption.
~Once put up for adoption, you cannot take them back into the household.
~You can aquire these pets either through natural ways, "add to active family" (horses only), or by adopting them from the store (though adopting them is the cheap way).
~No less than 5 pets to be put up for adoption at any time after the first day.
~You may have pets of your own, too. They do not count into the number of pets for winning. However, the first 2 pets born from each of your own pets can be put up for adoption and counted. For example, the first two pets from your own pet horse can be counted, as can the first two pets of your own pet dog, and so on. A maximum of 10 born pets can count.
~To win this, you need to raise 100 (or more) pets and have them all be successfully adopted.
~Open your mind before your mouth~
Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
Post edited by SilentWolf101 on

Comments